New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2003-07-30 05:25:33

Palomar

Re: New Mars Message Boards - No Longer Linked to Mars Society Page?

*Hey, what's going on?  I first noticed the link to these boards is missing from the Mars Society homepage.  sad

I'm wondering why?  Does anyone know?

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#2 2003-07-30 06:32:14

Shaun Barrett

Don't look at me ... I'm a husband and parent!
    Nobody tells me anything.
                                         yikes

[In fact, I think being kept in the dark is part of the job description!! ]

The word 'aerobics' came about when the gym instructors got together and said: If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it Jumping Up and Down.   - Rita Rudner

#3 2003-07-30 08:22:55

Palomar

Don't look at me ... I'm a husband and parent!
    Nobody tells me anything.
                                         yikes

[In fact, I think being kept in the dark is part of the job description!! ]

*Ha ha ha.  Could some of your "being kept in the dark" be due to that Selective Hearing thing men seem to suffer from, where wives are concerned?   :;):

I have been having a hell of a time accessing these boards, beginning yesterday.  Again, the link to it is gone at the Mars Society homepage...and then I could not, despite repeated attempts -- including entering "New Mars" into Google and then going through Yahoo! resources (Mars-related stuff, including a link to New Mars) -- access the message boards.

I began to wonder if Adrian pulled the plug on us.  sad 

Is anyone else having difficulty accessing the boards?  I'm just going to keep this window open, golly.  I only was able to reaccess the boards by entering the New Mars address in my address bar. 

Why would the Mars Society drop its link to these message boards?  It's anathema!

BTW:  Adrian, are you still alive?

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#4 2003-08-06 20:09:06

Josh Cryer

Welcome back, Mars Society, and also New Mars.

AFAIK there was a billing issue and basically New Mars lost hosting until it was cleared up. Hope that's sorted now. Would've been nice to have been notified, but I totally understand. smile

Some useful links while MER are active. [url=http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/home/index.html]Offical site[/url] [url=http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/MM_NTV_Web.html]NASA TV[/url] [url=http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/mer2004/]JPL MER2004[/url] [url=http://www.spaceflightnow.com/mars/mera/statustextonly.html]Text feed[/url]
--------
The amount of solar radiation reaching the surface of the earth totals some 3.9 million exajoules a year.

#5 2003-08-07 07:46:05

clark

I'm fairly certain that the Mars Society will re-link to the forum soon. They delinked while the site was down.

And by the way, keep up the good work Adrian! We appreciate your effort.

Board footer