New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2012-02-23 12:23:52

Decimator

Do-it-yourself genetic modification

Doing Biotech in My Bedroom

Thought this was interesting.

#2 2012-02-23 16:19:33

Terraformer
Website

Re: Do-it-yourself genetic modification

Ah, biohacking. I have to write an essay on that, 5000 words, for my extended project.

What's certainly applicable to terraforming is the DIY equipment, since it means we can grow a lab a lot quicker...

"I'm gonna die surrounded by the biggest idiots in the galaxy." - If this forum was a Mars Colony

#3 2012-02-23 20:56:28

SpaceNut
Administrator

While the intent is bio the lab however gives an image that one might see in a home grown meth lab....
Short essay now how many references all in what form.....now that is no fun....good luck

#4 2022-08-07 01:50:34

Mars_B4_Moon

Humanized Yeast: Scientists Create Yeast With Important Human Genes

https://scitechdaily.com/humanized-yeas … man-genes/

Comparison with human tissues cultures showed preservation of turnover numbers of human glycolytic enzymes in yeast and human cell cultures.

Board footer