New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2007-11-26 10:03:06

Terraformer
Website

Re: Art Idea

How about this for art. A massive circular solar array with different coloured lasers on its edge. Stick it in the Larange point between Earth and Sol.

"I'm gonna die surrounded by the biggest idiots in the galaxy." - If this forum was a Mars Colony

#2 2008-03-12 07:11:10

Gregori

Can u draw a picture of it? I don't understand it!

I've always wanted to draw a smiley face across the moon smile

#3 2008-03-14 12:55:33

Terraformer
Website

Can't at the moment (the scanners down, and if I drew it in paint I still don't have a host).

"I'm gonna die surrounded by the biggest idiots in the galaxy." - If this forum was a Mars Colony

#4 2008-04-03 21:10:02

Gregori

Damn  lol

Given The Lower Gravity on Mars, I think it would be quite awesome to build a gigantic Pyramid on the planet!

There are conspiracy theories about Pyramids on the planet, but I think we could go ahead and put our own one there, made from blocks of stone.

#5 2008-04-05 06:43:22

Terraformer
Website

I got the idea for the laser disc art after reading that intelligent civilisations might build huge structures to announce their presence. We can't build planet sized structures yet but we could use holograms to extend the apparant size. Have them broadcasting messages to the galaxy.

Board footer