New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2007-11-17 08:27:40

Terraformer
Website

Re: Dyson Mesh

Instead of trying to englobe a star straight off in a Dyson Sphere we should first ring it. Then add another ring ingoing above and below the star. Then a similar ring on the same plane but 90 degrees off. You now have a Dyson Frame. Then add in more rings and start filling in the gaps. You have a Dyson Mesh. Once the last hole has been filled in you have a complete Dyson Sphere.

Once all the colonies have been seeded in the solar system mankind should build a Dyson Mesh and use all that energy to power antimatter production. Then we can completely englobe Alpha Proxima and use that as another antimatter production facility. We wouldn't even need to englobe the sun, just capture enough energy to get to Alpha Proxima and englobe it. Once we have antimatter being produced consistently we can colonise the galaxy. Uninhabitable systems stars would be englobed. With all that light being beamed to the interstellar void we can colonise free floating planets.

"I'm gonna die surrounded by the biggest idiots in the galaxy." - If this forum was a Mars Colony

#2 2008-03-30 10:00:06

bstvns139

Would you use solar power stations and if so would they be different than any found on earth?

-"you watch the sunset, and I watch the night rise"

#3 2008-04-04 15:09:20

Terraformer
Website

I'd forgotten about this thread.

Would they be different? Well, they'd basically be panels of solar panels orbiting the Sun.

Check out the Gourdheadian Architecture.

"I'm gonna die surrounded by the biggest idiots in the galaxy." - If this forum was a Mars Colony

Board footer