New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#1 2007-08-17 10:38:07

Ancalagon
Website

Re: Red Oasis

In another thread...

BTW, Red Oasis is lookin' good - feel free to start a shameless promotion thread.

As requested, here it is. (If you haven't already seen my signature) I am the artist for a relatively new webcomic series called Red Oasis.

We've just uploaded our fourth page. I'm hoping to get on a routine of finishing a page on every Monday. So  far, that has been difficult, but I am getting faster.

Some of you may recall that I joined this forum because I needed some scientific, Mars-related questions answered. All of us at RO would like to thank everyone that contributed. This forum has been and continues to be a great help to us in developing the world in Red Oasis.

We've already earned at least one fan here, our goal is to earn more.

Feel free to comment/ask questions if you wish.

Artist for [url=www.red-oasis.com]Red Oasis[/url]

#2 2007-08-18 02:28:24

noosfractal
Website

It looks like the action is taking place in an at least partially terraformed Mars.  That's usually assumed to be some way off.  Is there an approximate year in which the story is set?

Fan of [url=http://www.red-oasis.com/]Red Oasis[/url]

#3 2007-08-18 09:49:42

Rxke

looks good. Already waiting for more  smile

#4 2007-08-21 15:01:20

Ancalagon
Website

It looks like the action is taking place in an at least partially terraformed Mars.  That's usually assumed to be some way off.  Is there an approximate year in which the story is set?

You are mostly correct in your reasoning.

As for the date, we would rather information like that be revealed through the story.

#5 2008-03-13 16:33:20

Ancalagon
Website

In our research for developing this comic, we got pretty detailed as to what effect the low, Martian gravity would have on various activities. And since there is a regular amount of gun-play in this comic, a programming/math genius friend of ours built an interplanetary ballistics calculator for us.

I figured that there might be some people on newmars who would be interested in it, so here you go.

Board footer