New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2006-09-12 02:12:45

maxie
Banned

Re: Redesigning some things...

I thought about some improvements to the wiki...

How about creating some kinds of portals ? For example, a portal about ISRU, with short descriptions of technologies involved, and for each, a link to a full article. The same for Mars (well, the Mars page already has a structure similar to a portal).

Also, some improvement to the Main Page, with portals listed there, and some important links, replacing all the links in the middle ? Something like this:

http://www.newmars.com/wiki/index.php/User:Maxie/Test

It this is okay to you people, what portals should we create ? I have some ideas, for example Mars, Missions to Mars, Living on Mars, In-Situ Resource Utilisation.

Maybe something about civilization and culture ? Technology ? Also, probably one about space travel in general...  smile

#2 2006-09-12 03:50:10

Rxke

sounds very good.

Sadly, I don't have that much time anymore to add stuff etc. But I'll try to keep an eye open on what happens and 'proofread' now and then.

#3 2006-09-12 14:06:29

noosfractal
Website

Your test page looks great, maxie.

Fan of [url=http://www.red-oasis.com/]Red Oasis[/url]

#4 2006-09-12 23:55:37

Rxke

Yes it does big_smile

I only had a look after writing my comment.

It looks very inviting, reminds me somehow of Hypercards, dunno why... But i like it verily.

rather offtopic: now the portalpage's invitation to have a look at the forums links to Liberum Olympia, wouldn't it be better it just linked to New Mars Forums Main page? I mean, in the off-chance someone stumbles onto the Wiki, and then clicks that link, they come into the discussionpage for the wiki, not the NMars discussions themselves...

#5 2006-09-13 01:54:54

maxie
Banned

OK, I'm glad you like it. Now, I need some ideas about main portals and topics in them. Something like

Portal:Mars -> topics: Water on Mars · Martian atmosphere · Climate of Mars · Magnetic fields of Mars · Life on Mars · Terraformation · etc etc...

#6 2006-09-13 02:35:57

maxie
Banned

Here's a preview:

http://www.newmars.com/wiki/index.php/U … ltMainPage

There is a problem: Because of the poetry <div> which is a float, the contents doesn't fit too well.... Any idea how to fix this ?

Board footer