New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2006-02-27 02:04:15

flashgordon

Re: it doesn't make sence to create any science,

unless science is important for humanities survival.  It doesn't make sence to create all this science unless we do value science.  It is important to ask the importance of science in the human condition.  Well!  The answer is easy!  Just look around and compare humanity to the rest of the animal world!  Notice something?!  Yes!  Humanity is defined and distinguished by our dependence on science/technology for survival!

If this is so, and the proof is easy!, and considering that it doesn't make sence to create all this science unless we have a future humanity that enjoys science, then we must figure out how to create a scientific society.

I'm affraid this is all the thoughts I can get down while growing tired, but I have much more thoughts.

#2 2006-03-11 12:25:35

Martian Republic

Re: it doesn't make sence to create any science,

unless science is important for humanities survival.  It doesn't make sence to create all this science unless we do value science.  It is important to ask the importance of science in the human condition.  Well!  The answer is easy!  Just look around and compare humanity to the rest of the animal world!  Notice something?!  Yes!  Humanity is defined and distinguished by our dependence on science/technology for survival!

If this is so, and the proof is easy!, and considering that it doesn't make sence to create all this science unless we have a future humanity that enjoys science, then we must figure out how to create a scientific society.

I'm affraid this is all the thoughts I can get down while growing tired, but I have much more thoughts.

The reason for developing science, is to apply it in the machine tool sector to increase the productive capacity of individual people so they can produce more and have a higher standard of living. You can also support more people on the same amount of land, because of the improved efficiency of the population. You create a science enlighten society by having major government project that need to be built to support a modern society and which excite the population to get behind  those projects and this is especially true of the young people who are making career choices while in school or entering college. Most of the Engineer the United States has was a direct result of the Apollo Moon landings. The Apollo Moon landing had a direct influence on children making career choice in grade school and all the way up into the colleges along with NASA going to many of those colleges to get some of there projects done.

A New National Goal for NASA to achieve and large infrastructure to rebuild our cities like subway, super train system and then stick in front of the American people, especially the young and say this is what we are going to do. The American will get right behind it and you will get a science looking population and that is looking forward and not looking backward.

Larry,

Board footer