New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2006-01-13 01:50:16

Shay Guy
Banned

Re: Who would you like to see debating each other?

I'd say Bob Zubrin against either Ray Kurzweil or GCNRevenger.

#2 2006-01-13 11:31:28

BWhite

George Bush and Teddy Roosevelt.

Give someone a sufficient [b][i]why[/i][/b] and they can endure just about any [b][i]how[/i][/b]

#3 2006-01-13 16:13:12

reddragon
Banned

George Bush and Teddy Roosevelt

That would be great. I'm sure Teddy would win.

Wilson and Bush might also be interesting, since, although the circumstances were very differernt, both went to war with claims (more sincere in Wilson's case I think) of wanting to liberate people, protect democracy, and establish peace. I'd like to see if Wilson would support this war too.

Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
              by Douglas Adams

#4 2006-01-13 16:31:37

Commodore

Real debates don't happen anymore. Everything word is carefully calculated ahead of time.

No one who says what they actually think will get elected.

"Yes, I was going to give this astronaut selection my best shot, I was determined when the NASA proctologist looked up my ass, he would see pipes so dazzling he would ask the nurse to get his sunglasses."
---Shuttle Astronaut Mike Mullane

#5 2006-01-13 22:47:33

John Creighton
Website

Real debates don't happen anymore. Everything word is carefully calculated ahead of time.

Yes, that is the nature of politics.

Dig into the [url=http://child-civilization.blogspot.com/2006/12/political-grab-bag.html]political grab bag[/url] at [url=http://child-civilization.blogspot.com/]Child Civilization[/url]

#6 2006-01-14 21:10:07

Stormrage

Kirk,Picard and Sisko on why they were better then the others. Not including Janeway because Voyager sucks.

"...all I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by."

#7 2006-01-14 21:17:36

John Creighton
Website

Kirk,Picard and Sisko on why they were better then the others. Not including Janeway because Voyager sucks.

Voyager is the best tongue

Dig into the [url=http://child-civilization.blogspot.com/2006/12/political-grab-bag.html]political grab bag[/url] at [url=http://child-civilization.blogspot.com/]Child Civilization[/url]

#8 2006-01-14 21:19:25

Stormrage

Are we talking about the same show? Because the Voyager i rememberd was full  of busty Borg,Stupid jokes and constant reference to the 20th century. With a bit of bad writing here and there.

Deep Space Nine was the best.

#9 2006-01-14 23:34:31

Martian Republic

I agree with you that nobody does any real debate anymore. Matter of fact, I don't think there are too many people in the political, economic, science area that even knew the art of debating or can do a very good job at doing it on almost any other subject either. About the only one that I know that can go across the board debate on just about anything out there is Larouche. So to try to get a half decent debate if that were possible, would be to put him on one side and/or a small group that around him or works with him and everybody else on the other side. Larouche and the people around him, would rout just about everybody else that would take this challenge debate.

Larry,

#10 2006-01-15 10:53:19

John Creighton
Website

Are we talking about the same show? Because the Voyager i rememberd was full  of busty Borg

Sounds good smile,

Stupid jokes

I don’t remember any attempts at commady in Voyager. Certainly not to the extent of stupid jokes in CSI.

and constant reference to the 20th century.

….and this didn’t happen in the next generation as well? I see nothing wrong with inserting historical references into a show.

Deep Space Nine was the best.

Deep space Nine was the worst. In deep space nine they were stuck in a space station. Boring…..In Voyager they were out exploring well, beyond where anyone went before and came across countless more civilizations. Voyager was the best from the exploration aspect. The next generation was the best from the philosophical aspect. Deep space nine was just all around bad. If you want a good show about a space station watch Babylon 5

#11 2006-01-15 13:39:29

Stormrage

Sounds good

I know but i hated the way she talked. So annoying.

I don’t remember any attempts at commady in Voyager. Certainly not to the extent of stupid jokes in CSI.

I remember. I can remember all the corny jokes Paris kept making. So irritating.

….and this didn’t happen in the next generation as well? I see nothing wrong with inserting historical references into a show.

Yeah TOS,TNG,DS9 and ENT did it. But Voyager took it to another level. Here is a few examples.

B'lenna got made a TV replicated popcorn. They watched some 50s tv show and a war movie. From where? They were 70,000 light years away from Earth and 300 years after the signals were sent.
They created a Cinema with 3-d glasses and gum on the floor.

I wonder why they got all the info about the 20th century. The problem i had wasn't the reference it was the amount and the detail of it. They shouldn't have known that much considering WW3.

Deep space Nine was the worst. In deep space nine they were stuck in a space station. Boring…..In Voyager they were out exploring well, beyond where anyone went before and came across countless more civilizations. Voyager was the best from the exploration aspect. The next generation was the best from the philosophical aspect. Deep space nine was just all around bad. If you want a good show about a space station watch Babylon 5

Blasphemy!!!. DS9 was like the best show ever. Instead of stupid plots that voyager had cough*superatomthatcandestoryspace*cough. It actually detail with realistic space. Politics and drama. Some episodes were boring i will admit and some episode were so stupid you wish you could kill the writer (profit and lace) and it was good. Especially the Dominion War. The set up to it and the way it's self.

Btw about B5. Please. That show is over rated. J. Michael Straczynski is the worst writer i have ever seen. The characters gave me a head ache. Everytime they talked it was a speech. Speech after speech. Thats not real dialogue. Also the CGI was terrible. He should have stuck to minatures which looked better.

Board footer