New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2005-12-14 20:08:43

GCNRevenger

Re: Active Members Of New Mars Please Vote!

Why Rick, are you questioning the membership figures? Maybe because you suspect that by a lack of responses to your poll/thread, that many of the users on this board are just CIA-controlled clone accounts, trying to drown your Glorious Vision for Manned Spaceflight?

Interesting how you don't differentiate religion and political affiliation, and you consider the particular beliefe of other memebers pertinant to your survey.

In any event, this is the wrong place for your poll/thread.

[i]"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw[/i]

[i]The glass is at 50% of capacity[/i]

#2 2005-12-14 20:16:04

sdc4
Banned

1) Are you an active dues paying member/supporter of the Mars Society?

NO!

2) Are you a non-dues paying member/supporter of the Mars Society?

NO!

3) Do you support the Mars Society?

In Concept Yes! Presently NO!

4) Are you:

41 to 50 years of age

5) Are you:

Male

6) What Country are you from?

United States of America

7) What is your educational background?

BS - Aeronautics & Applied Mathmatics
Military Aviation Tech. Schools - 6+ Years (Fixed Wing & Rotary Aircraft)
4 Private Seminars - Space Leadership & Administration

8 What is your job or career field?

Former Naval Aviation (14 Years)
Private Business Owner
Scientist, Designer, Inventor, Visionary, Philosopher

9) What Political Party or Belief do you support?

Life Long Republican & Bush Supporter
Election Staff for two Republicans
Very Active in Republican Politics & Christian Efforts

10) What is your Religion or Belief in a God or Creator?

Christian - Former Catholic, Presently Southern Baptist

#3 2005-12-14 20:20:40

GCNRevenger

"7) What is your educational background?

BS - Aeronautics & Applied Mathmatics
Military Aviation Tech. Schools - 6+ Years (Fixed Wing & Rotary Aircraft)
4 Private Seminars - Space Leadership & Administration

Private Business Owner
Scientist, Designer, Inventor, Visionary, Philosopher"

Hey, just like Rick's biography... except the part about being a designer/inventor/visionary, and only if you count the ISA club a "business."

[i]"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw[/i]

#4 2005-12-14 20:20:45

BWhite

Agreed. I am inclined to relocate the poll. Where? Not sure yet, but Human Missions is supposed to be about technical stuff, with politics and the like only as directly relates to technical stuff.

Give someone a sufficient [b][i]why[/i][/b] and they can endure just about any [b][i]how[/i][/b]

#5 2005-12-14 20:21:09

sdc4
Banned

Why Rick, are you questioning the membership figures? Maybe because you suspect that by a lack of responses to your poll/thread, that many of the users on this board are just CIA-controlled clone accounts, trying to drown your Glorious Vision for Manned Spaceflight?

Interesting how you don't differentiate religion and political affiliation, and you consider the particular beliefe of other memebers pertinant to your survey.

GCNRevenger, wrong, wrong, wrong!

This is about HUMAN MISSIONS!

Everything in my post is about HUMANS!

You know, those who talk about and support HUMAN MISSIONS!

This also lets people know who is who and what is what!

I am sure you will not participate, because you are a fake troll!

This is indeed, the proper place for this thread!

You are all mouth, and very little of merit!

#6 2005-12-14 20:23:19

BWhite

Private Business Owner
Scientist, Designer, Inventor, Visionary, Philosopher"[/i]

Hey, just like Rick's biography... except the part about being a designer/inventor/visionary, and only if you count the ISA club a "business."

GCNRevenger, are you a retired naval aviator? If so, awesome!

Give someone a sufficient [b][i]why[/i][/b] and they can endure just about any [b][i]how[/i][/b]

#7 2005-12-14 20:23:27

sdc4
Banned

Agreed. I am inclined to relocate the poll. Where? Not sure yet, but Human Missions is supposed to be about technical stuff, with politics and the like only as directly relates to technical stuff.

Wrong Again!

HUMAN MISSIONS is nothing but politics!

Of course, Move the thread so you can hide it out of sight!

This would of course serve your interests, would it not!

#8 2005-12-14 20:26:45

BWhite

This topic is now in Meta New Mars. All are encouraged to visit this poll / thread and participate (or not) as you deem appropriate.

#9 2005-12-14 20:27:53

sdc4
Banned

GCNRevenger & BWhite

You both are fakes, and cannot reply or answer, as this would expose your troll status, would it not!

Fakes! Trolls! Agitators!

No More!  No Less!

Let the real people speak, if such are really here?

#10 2005-12-14 20:28:01

Dook
Banned

Sigh...this is so tiring.

Ideas are really all I'm interested in.  The ski jump rocket thing is new.  I don't really think it's plausable but at least it's some new idea to critique.

All this conspiracy blah, blah, blah...could be done over at Conspiracy.com or somewhere else.

#11 2005-12-14 20:28:49

GCNRevenger

Me? What? No! ...Rick however, is a former USN aircraft mechanic. And "coincidentially," so is sdc4.

Human Missions includes politics about spaceflight, not the politics of the MarSoc.

"Interests," hehe! Now I'm a fake because I won't submit to Rick's poll.

#12 2005-12-14 20:30:06

sdc4
Banned

This topic is now in Meta New Mars. All are encouraged to visit this poll / thread and participate (or not) as you deem appropriate.

This post should not have been moved, and was done so to hide this post from sight!

Errrrr!  Evil!

#13 2005-12-14 20:32:49

BWhite

Actually, its shadowed at both places so the poll now has double exposure. 

wink

Fine by me, let it stand.

#14 2005-12-14 20:43:52

GCNRevenger

Awww c'mon Bill, don't let a little technical glitch permit Ricky to flood.

#15 2005-12-14 20:57:33

BWhite

Awww c'mon Bill, don't let a little technical glitch permit Ricky to flood.

I might need Josh and some super-duper powers. It may be self correcting. The posts shadow at Human Missions yet new posts do not bouy the thread up to the top. (like a Venusian nitrogen mine?)

= = =

This is truly meta New Mars as its about New Marsians gazing into their own navels.

I say leave it here but if CC or Josh disagree, hey I won't argue.

#16 2005-12-14 21:14:59

BWhite

And to show some good humor:

yes - if wrong maggie will write me and ask for a check.

see 1

yes

4) Are you:
A) Under 14 years of age?
B) 14 to 17 years of age?
C) 18 to 21 years of age?
D) 22 to 30 years of age?
E) 31 to 40 years of age?
F) 41 to 50 years of age?
G) 51 or older?

Uh oh. F

5) Are you:
Male or Female?

Male

USA

J.D. & B.A. - American History

8 ) What is your job or career field?

Atty

Lefty Libertarian

Free thinking Roman Catholic

#17 2005-12-14 21:20:35

BWhite

Me? What? No! ...Rick however, is a former USN aircraft mechanic. And "coincidentially," so is sdc4.

Ah, I went back to your original post on this and I see my misunderstanding. Sorry.

My father in law was training to fly off of aircraft carriers in the summer of 1945. He said he was glad the war ended before he left Pensacola because he was really bad at it.

#18 2005-12-14 21:37:22

sdc4
Banned

And to show some good humor:

yes - if wrong maggie will write me and ask for a check.

see 1

yes

4) Are you:
A) Under 14 years of age?
B) 14 to 17 years of age?
C) 18 to 21 years of age?
D) 22 to 30 years of age?
E) 31 to 40 years of age?
F) 41 to 50 years of age?
G) 51 or older?

Uh oh. F

5) Are you:
Male or Female?

Male

USA

J.D. & B.A. - American History

8 ) What is your job or career field?

Atty

Lefty Libertarian

Free thinking Roman Catholic

BWhite, And to show some good humor? Indeed!

You proved a point, which is that many here are very much to the LEFT!

This does indeed cause problems, as you and the left, will never see eye to eye with the RIGHT, and so no progress is made because debate is lowered to slander and propaganda.

As I said, it is important to KNOW whom you are debating with, as this does very much influence the debate.  And indeed the Human Space Effort and Agendas!

I would like to see the makeup of the moderators, as indeed I am sure the vast majority are, as you say, lefty!  This makes any unbiased judging impossible, as you will always support the left, and left views.

The Mars Society should put more effort into running a professional and fair message board, with a balanced, and professional Message Board Oversight Committee.  We, the users of this message board, and indeed Mars Society Members have a right to know who the Admins & Moderators are, and a bio of each.  Admins & Moderators are JOBS and in such should be taken serous, and the Mars Society should ensure they are professional and unbiased.  The Admins & Moderators should not be allowed to hide who they are in their actions as Admins & Moderators.  If they want to post as unknowns, they should do so, with regular user names and accounts like everyone else.  The Admin & Moderator accounts should only be used for official purposes.  Private actions should be done on a seperate user account!  If a Admin or Moderator does not want people to know who they are, then they should not be in a Leadership Position with Power Over Others!

#19 2005-12-14 21:43:39

BWhite

Cobra Commander is, ahem, rather to the right of me, politically. 8)

He's the stormtrooper guy.  But he & I get along great and pretty much set aside politics in our moderating. 

Moving the topic will actually give your poll MORE exposure not less and it is a "meta New Mars" topic as it concerns the membership composition of the discussion board.

= = =

As for my skills as moderator, the board is getting full value for every penny they pay me.   smile

#20 2005-12-14 22:24:46

GCNRevenger

Hey Bill, one side effect of putting the thread in Meta New Mars, is that Ricky can use as many alternate personalities as he likes without registering or giving a join-on date.

"...running a professional and fair message board, with a balanced, and professional Message Board Oversight Committee. We, the users of this message board, and indeed Mars Society Members have a right to know who the Admins & Moderators are, and a bio of each. Admins & Moderators are JOBS and in such should be taken serous, and the Mars Society should ensure they are professional and unbiased. The Admins & Moderators should not be allowed to hide who they are in their actions as Admins & Moderators. If they want to post as unknowns, they should do so, with regular user names and accounts like everyone else. The Admin & Moderator accounts should only be used for official purposes. Private actions should be done on a seperate user account! If a Admin or Moderator does not want people to know who they are, then they should not be in a Leadership Position with Power Over Others!"

Haha!
"Message Board Oversight Comittee"
...With representatives of ISA no doubt

"Mars Society Members have a right to know who the Admins & Moderators are"
...Um, no they don't. Giving up personal information for a chatter board?

"Moderators are JOBS and in such should be taken serous, and the Mars Society should ensure they are professional and unbiased"
...So serious, its a message board for goodness sakes. Professional and unbiased? So far they've been pretty fair, especially with rule breakers like you Rick/sdcn/shy.

"If a Admin or Moderator does not want people to know who they are, then they should not be in a Leadership Position with Power Over Others!"
...Oh I can think of a reason or two why not to. For instance, being harrased at home by parinoid delusional unemployed engineers in Witchita.

#21 2005-12-14 22:49:17

BWhite

Hey Bill, one side effect of putting the thread in Meta New Mars, is that Ricky can use as many alternate personalities as he likes without registering or giving a join-on date.

Yup - good point. :?

But for tonight I will let this play out and see what happens.

#22 2005-12-14 23:57:29

RobertDyck
Website

Rick, I am a dues paying member of the Mars Society. The rest of your questionnaire is none of your business.

I haven't said anything before. The first time you appeared on New Mars I asked the guys to not flame you and give you a chance, but you responded to their criticism with a flaming attack. The worst was when you sent an email directly to then NASA administrator Sean O'Keefe with several people CC'ed on that message, including me. I have to ask you politely to never, ever, ever include me in any of your rants. My contacts within NASA indicate that Sean O'Keefe did receive that message and was distressed by it. His administrative assistant apologized for letting a message from someone like you get past her. She was instructed to respond to you on his behalf. That was an extremely inappropriate, flaming message that lost all credibility for your cause within NASA. I was quite distressed that my email address would be attached to such a message. I have to insist that you never include me in any future message you send to anyone. As someone who is trying to establish a new start-up aerospace company, your message may have materially damaged my efforts to land gainful contracts.

I may have engaged in vigorous debates with some of the members on this message board, but I have to insist that you not include any of them either on any message you may send out. If you do then I will have to insist that you be permanently banned from this board. You are certainly in no position to accuse anyone of being a troll; the pot does not call the kettle black.

::Edit:: Moved from "Human Missions" to "Meta New Mars" while I was composing the message. Hmm.

Board footer