New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2005-11-27 07:48:14

Dook
Banned

Re: Vision & Dreams! -MEET- Power & Greed!

You're hurting our cause more than helping it.   

Sigh...

#2 2005-11-27 08:11:07

GCNRevenger

Yeah, something like that Dook

[i]"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw[/i]

[i]The glass is at 50% of capacity[/i]

#3 2005-11-28 06:27:40

clark

Welcome To Our Favorite Game!

Whap-The-Fool-zle!!!

Greetings and Salutations Mr. Rick Dobson! It's your Favorite CIA Agent Welcoming *YOU* To The Bosom of the NewMars Message Board!

Now class, let us all witness the opposing choices faced by any and all belligerent paranoid self-deluded nut-jobs with half an education and a fourth grade reading comprehension! Sometimes I wonder if access to the internet and a keyboard should require some sort of license, but I digress... on with the show!

Choice number One:

*Those who oppose your ideas are against you for sinister reasons, because your ideas are enlightened and well considered.

Choice number Two:

*You're a nut job.

Rick, either the world is crazy, or you are. At some point you may need to evaluate your own judgment on the matter. Just a friendly suggestion from your neighborhood Spook.

And yes, we stopped monitoring your phone calls. Budget cut backs and realignment of responsibilities. The DIA has your case file now.

Cheers.

Yours in Christ, clark.  lol

#4 2005-11-28 07:48:52

GCNRevenger

Heh yeah, pretty much Clark

"these so innocent looking societies have had their Board of Director's and Leadership infiltrated and taken over by Government or Corporate, lets see how can I put this, oh yea, SPIES & AGENTS!"

Cue the organ-grinder/merry-go-round theme

[i]"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw[/i]

#5 2005-11-28 09:34:51

John Creighton
Website

Welcome To Our Favorite Game!

Whap-The-Fool-zle!!!

Greetings and Salutations Mr. Rick Dobson! It's your Favorite CIA Agent Welcoming *YOU* To The Bosom of the NewMars Message Board!

Now class, let us all witness the opposing choices faced by any and all belligerent paranoid self-deluded nut-jobs with half an education and a fourth grade reading comprehension! Sometimes I wonder if access to the internet and a keyboard should require some sort of license, but I digress... on with the show!

Choice number One:

*Those who oppose your ideas are against you for sinister reasons, because your ideas are enlightened and well considered.

Choice number Two:

*You're a nut job.

Rick, either the world is crazy, or you are. At some point you may need to evaluate your own judgment on the matter. Just a friendly suggestion from your neighborhood Spook.

And yes, we stopped monitoring your phone calls. Budget cut backs and realignment of responsibilities. The DIA has your case file now.

Cheers.

Yours in Christ, clark.  lol

Clark, don’t get him stirred up. So far he has been civil and well behaved. We don’t need to have to repeat the previous incident where the moderators had to delete a bunch of garbage posts.

Dig into the [url=http://child-civilization.blogspot.com/2006/12/political-grab-bag.html]political grab bag[/url] at [url=http://child-civilization.blogspot.com/]Child Civilization[/url]

#6 2005-11-28 11:33:37

clark

I for one think we do need a repeat!

#7 2005-11-28 13:05:43

Cobra Commander

Release the trolls!

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

#8 2005-11-28 13:17:41

BWhite

Want to buy a bridge? big_smile

Give someone a sufficient [b][i]why[/i][/b] and they can endure just about any [b][i]how[/i][/b]

#9 2005-11-28 13:33:54

clark

So I was talking to Bobby, well, you know him as Robert Zubrin, but me and Bob, Bobby I call him, me and Zubbie, I call him that when we’ve been tossing back a few, and I say, Bobby Zu (he hates that by the way), Bobby Zu, I was monitoring the Mars Society message board yesterday, and I noticed that ISA Rick Dobson fella is making the rounds.

Now, Zubbie Bo, he reminded me that I can’t be sayin I monitor this, or I monitor that, cause then my cover will be blown, and the next thing ya know, I’m being indicted as a co-conspirator for outing myself as retribution for blocking the political ambitions of the local post office secretary and her failed attempt to discover who hid the nail polish remover. Bobby then reminded me that I should also remember to call it the “newmars” message board because as I know, and as he knows, and as all those in the secret cabal that runs the earth, controlling who says what, who gets what, and what shows will be cancelled this season, the real “mars society” message board is an entirely separate and different entity, and only those in the know who know those in the know and are known know that is the place where real discussions are had and the best jokes told. Like there was this one about a guy and his plan to internationalize space development. Oh my god, we haven’t stopped laughing since the original letter from 1996. I was watching Leno one night, and the guy totally stole that bit.

Anyway, so after Bob Zu Bob got done reminding me of stuff like I was one of his sycophants at a mars-o-phial convention, I start telling him about Ol Ricky. Well, Zu-Bob-O-reno asks me if this was that same guy told in the joke on the super secret (and real) mars society message board. And I tell ol Zubarino, “the very same.”

So Boby Boy turns pale, and he gets all scared and tells me not to say anything to the guy cause our super secret spooks, the ones that are totally invisible and communicate by subtle changes in the precipitation patterns in the lower highlands of the Andes were monitoring this guys follicle growth, and, briefly, a recent dew point indicated that the invisible agents had figured Ol Dobsy was onto us.

Your monitor will self destruct in ten seconds after reading this message. 10… 9… 8…

Oh, nevermind. Just forget it.

#10 2005-11-28 18:26:49

Dook
Banned

LOL

#11 2005-11-29 06:28:44

Palomar

Vision & Dreams! -MEET- Power & Greed!

We at the International Space Agency, like most space organizations and space activists & enthusiasts, hope to see Humanity enter the Space Frontier in Meaningful & Peaceful Ways with in the Very Near Future.

However the reality of human nature, politics, military, and profits are, and have been for 20 years, standing in the way.

*Hello, welcome to New Mars.  Yes.  And unfortunately the realities of human nature will likely persist (stand in the way).  I think you're correct in boiling it down to "dreams and visions" vs. "power and greed."  And it seems power and greed nearly always win out.  Something can begin based on a dream or in a visionary sort of way; noble and with good intentions, and then the rats swarm in...

What about those Snobbish Academics with 50 Degrees, who think they are gods gift to the world! And the rest of the world is dumb helpless heathen?! Lets see, ah thats right! What about Benjamin Franklin, Edison, Tucker, Singer, Hughes, Graham Bell, Wright Brothers, and other Inventors, Visionaries, and Dreamers. Do not misunderstand me, I have great respect for those who are lucky or privileged enough to get a formal education.

Ben Franklin doesn't really, IMO, belong in that class.  He was, for his time, born on "the wrong side of the tracks"; very humble birth, not at all in the social classes of Washington or Jefferson.  Franklin associated/identified himself much more readily with the "common" workaday person than the pretentious and vain upperclassmen, and wasn't a snob.  He was simply a brilliant genius who stood out and shone -- from everyone.

If, and Only If!, Its One For All, And All For One!

When we stop name calling, pointing fingers, and chest thumping, we will already be on our way to Mars, and Much, Much, Much More!

I for one would like to see a unifying factor within space advocacy.  Unfortunately we've seen plenty of people tossing over Mars in favor of Luna (regardless of any Presidential "initiatives", etc.).  There are other examples.

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#12 2005-11-29 07:26:30

GCNRevenger

"What about those Snobbish Academics with 50 Degrees, who think they are gods gift to the world! And the rest of the world is dumb helpless heathen?! ...  If Einstein had lived in a closet his whole life and had no degree, would he have been any less intelligent or smart? Many Academics & Scientists live sheltered and disconnected lives from the rest of the world; not name calling!"

In order to make a meaningful contribution to actually designing space hardware or making cogent theories about data, you do need to have a fairly specific set of skills and knowledge. This is not like the litany of uneducated inventors, the complexity of technology and science in the world today makes their type of serendipity-based progress essentially useless.

Einstein, if he recieved no math education or help, would have still been a very intelligent man... however, he would have been a complete failure as a scientist. He could not have understood the work  that came before him that he based his theories on well enough to logically form his own. Nor would he have been able to communicate his theories except in the most vauge terms... his work would have been scientifically useless.

Space travel and exploration are difficult, and not just anyone has the skill or knowledge to work in the field. My own training covers only half of a subset of the science of chemistry, and so I am not qualified to make theories about the formation of stars nor calculating how many spars are needed to stiffen a rocket fuel tank... people that don't understand or know how to do these things, well, shouldn't be doing these things.

I take offense as this "disconnected from the world" business too, which implies that my own opinions are less valid because I am this "ignorant" academic.

#13 2005-11-29 07:48:50

Palomar

"What about those Snobbish Academics with 50 Degrees, who think they are gods gift to the world! And the rest of the world is dumb helpless heathen?! ...  If Einstein had lived in a closet his whole life and had no degree, would he have been any less intelligent or smart? Many Academics & Scientists live sheltered and disconnected lives from the rest of the world; not name calling!"

In order to make a meaningful contribution to actually designing space hardware or making cogent theories about data, you do need to have a fairly specific set of skills and knowledge. This is not like the litany of uneducated inventors, the complexity of technology and science in the world today makes their type of serendipity-based progress essentially useless.

Einstein, if he recieved no math education or help, would have still been a very intelligent man... however, he would have been a complete failure as a scientist. He could not have understood the work  that came before him that he based his theories on well enough to logically form his own. Nor would he have been able to communicate his theories except in the most vauge terms... his work would have been scientifically useless.

Space travel and exploration are difficult, and not just anyone has the skill or knowledge to work in the field. My own training covers only half of a subset of the science of chemistry, and so I am not qualified to make theories about the formation of stars nor calculating how many spars are needed to stiffen a rocket fuel tank... people that don't understand or know how to do these things, well, shouldn't be doing these things.

I take offense as this "disconnected from the world" business too, which implies that my own opinions are less valid because I am this "ignorant" academic.

*Agreed, GCN.  Everyone can play a part in this, and I fully realize it's up to the academicians to actually get us there physically...not me.  neutral  Too often there is a stereotype of academics being "snobs."  Some are, but not all.  But that's the way it goes just about anywhere.  I knew snobs working at McDonald's when I was working my way through college.  Sheesh.

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#14 2005-11-29 14:29:04

sdc1
Banned

Evil In Sheeps Clothing!

http://www.newmars.com/forums/viewtopic … 4226#84226

Attack and destroy what you do not understand!

Defame and slander what you cannot control or manipulate!

Spread lies and propaganda to manipulate the unsuspecting!

Same People!  Same Evil!  Sad! Very Sad Indeed!

This is why humans will always kill and destroy each other!

The only way to pry the aristocrats and secrete societies off the back of good in this world, is they need to be exposed and destroyed!

The forefathers of America knew this, and had no choice but to fight against this evil of privileged aristocrats and secrete societies.

Anywhere on the internet where large numbers of people come or gather to talk about new ideas and a new and better future for humanity, like here on NewMars, this evil will come and influence the thinking and minds of those who are unaware of their presence or not savvy enough to identify these evil wolves hiding in sheep’s cloths.

True space activist are very few anymore, and today are replaced by propaganda agents and front organizations acting for the interests of Government & Mega-Corporations!

The internet, and indeed space message boards like NewMars, is supposed to be a forum to explore new ideas and options in the public conscience.  However, these are ever more controlled and manipulated by powerful Government & Mega-Corporations and their agents who hide out in these places to attack any idea, person, or organization, which poses a threat to their control and power.

We need more space activists, and less secrete agents!

Don't be fooled and deceived by propaganda and lies!

Wake up!  Learn to think, and try to ignore those who seek to deceive and use you for evil purposes.

Evil never likes to be exposed!

#15 2005-11-29 14:43:45

clark

You'd better watch out!
You'd better not cry!
You'd better not pout!
I'm telling you why,
Secret Agent Man is comin' to Watch.
He's making a list
and checking it twice.
He's going to find out who's naughty and nice.
Secret Agent Man Is Comin' To Watch.

He sees when you are sleeping.
He knows when you're awake.
He knows if you've been bad or good.
He controls the world for Heaven’s Sake!

With dark black glasses and dark black coats,
Jakety-jack-boots and personally-personal-notes.
Secret Agent Man Is Comin' To Watch.

I am watching. I am waiting. I am always at your side. Unless of course you go into the ladies restroom. I'm not allowed in there.

#16 2005-11-29 15:09:45

sdc4
Banned

You guys really know how to trick people!

Your jokes and skilled slip diversions are really funny!

Keep up the good work!

If even one person here learns the truth, that would be a victory!

The rest, the sheep, will always be clueless!

Thank goodness for the Eagles & Doves!

#17 2005-11-29 15:23:32

sdc3
Banned

Another Example!

Same People! Different Place! Same Lies & Slander!

That is until it is again CENSORED!

http://uplink.space.com/showflat.php?Ca … o=0&fpart=

#18 2005-11-29 15:26:20

clark

sdc1... sdc4... sd-what-is-next-?-?

It really is a shame about that car accident.

#19 2005-11-29 15:29:36

clark

tick-tock, tick-tock

here comes the implosion!

God I love this part.  lol

#20 2005-12-07 14:28:36

Cobra Commander

God has no part in your evil, so do not blame your evil deeds on God!

You will one day pay a price for your evil deeds, even if you think your shadowy hiding place protects you, and God will indeed be a part of that!

And that is the best part of all!

lol great stuff.

The people of Earth will pay for their crimes! Hellfire and damnation upon the nonbelievers and space heathens!  :twisted:

We now return you to your regularly scheduled meltdown.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

#21 2005-12-07 19:52:21

sdc4
Banned

lol great stuff.

The people of Earth will pay for their crimes! Hellfire and damnation upon the nonbelievers and space heathens!  :twisted:

We now return you to your regularly scheduled meltdown.

Cobra Commander: "Ave atque vale"

It is always funny how the Skull & Bones CIA bunch love the Pagan quotes in their posts!  Most people, it just goes right over their heads.  They also love names of poisonous snakes and predators, tongue & cheek military terms, Greek gods, and anti-Christian banter.

Here is what "Ave atque vale" in Cobra Commanders post means, and its source from Pagan history, which like Cobra Commander, most Skull & Bones types use as a slight to the uneducated and dumb sheep.  It is a form of ridicule, in the open for all to see.  They are the HEAD and we are the TAIL?  And so they think!

An ego who enjoys Darth Vader as an icon, and a bad guy image to boot!

Knowledge is power!  Ignorance is a one-way ticket to enslavement!

Ref: http://www.barrsenglishclass.com/aveatquevale.html
Ref: http://homepage.mac.com/lexl/iblog/C202 … 0706093034
Ref: http://www.answers.com/topic/frater-ave-atque-vale
Ref: http://www.bartleby.com/101/810.html

frater, ave atque vale

Latin phrase meaning "hail, brother, farewell." It appears at the end of a poem by Catullus:

Through many countries and over many seas
I have come, Brother, to these melancholy rites,
to show this final honour to the dead,
and speak (to what purpose?) to your silent ashes,
since now fate takes you, even you, from me.
Oh, Brother, ripped away from me so cruelly,
now at least take these last offerings, blessed
by the tradition of our parents, gifts to the dead.
Accept, by custom, what a brother's tears drown,
and, for eternity, Brother, 'Hail and Farewell'.

The poem and phrase were further immortalized 1,900 years later by Alfred Lord Tennyson's poem Frater, Ave Atque Vale:

Row us out from Desenzano, to your Sirmione row!
So they row'd, and there we landed, 'O venusta Sirmio!'
There to me thro' all the groves of olive in the summer glow,
There beneath the Roman ruin where the purple flowers grow,
Came that 'Ave atque Vale' of the Poet's hopeless woe,
Tenderest of Roman poets nineteen-hundred years ago,
'Frater Ave atque Vale' as we wander'd to and fro
Gazing at the Lydian laughter of the Garda Lake below
Sweet Catullus's all-but-island, olive-silvery Sirmio!

#22 2005-12-07 21:15:46

GCNRevenger

Oh boy, now Ricky has latched onto the "CIA goons after me are satanists" and "ISA = Space = God"

Board footer