New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2002-07-11 12:11:22

Adrian
Website

Re: New Forum email features

I've just spent a bit of time fixing some of the email settings on these forums, which means that there are some new features available. These include:

o You can use the Topic Tracker to subscribe to topics (threads). This means that whenever someone posts to a topic, you'll receive an email that can either notify you of this with a link, or an email that will contain the content of the post. This feature is available at the bottom of each topic page.

o You can email someone a link to a topic, and again this feature is available at the bottom of topic pages.

o You can email members whose email addresses are hidden (to prevent spam). To do this, access their profile page and under Contact Details, there's the option to send the member an email.

All of these emails go through the New Mars forum system - if we start getting really huge levels of email traffic then I may have to do something about it, but for now I think people can do pretty much whatever they want. All I would say is that you shouldn't go overboard on subscribing to loads of topics and getting their content emailed to you - this isn't a mailing list, it's a messageboard. Just show a little moderation smile

There are also other minor email features that should now work, including the 'Email me my password' feature.

Editor of [url=http://www.newmars.com]New Mars[/url]

Board footer