New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2002-06-05 19:04:18

Dayton3

Re: Does Dr. Zubrin Ever Read Threads Or Post Here?

Given that Dr. Zubrin is so instrumental in the Mars Society, I was wondering if he or any of the other long time "founders" ever read posts here or comment and start threads?

I've seen alot of good ideas in my two days here.

#2 2002-06-06 03:04:16

Adrian
Website

To my knowledge, Bob Zubrin isn't registered here and I don't think he visits very often at all. I know that Maggie Zubrin visits occasionally, but the last time I spoke to her she said she hadn't been recently. Bruce Mackenzie is registered here, but he doesn't visit often either.

It shouldn't be long before they drop by here more often though - membership is increasing quite rapidly. Also, as you say, there's a lot of useful discussion here.

Editor of [url=http://www.newmars.com]New Mars[/url]

#3 2002-06-06 05:06:00

Shaun Barrett

Hi Adrian!  Don't want to bother you during exams so I'll understand if you don't respond immediately to this.
   But you mentioned that membership is increasing quite rapidly. Do you mean membership of The Mars Society or New Mars (or both)?
   Incidentally, are all of the New Mars members necessarily members of The Mars Society? If not, what proportion is?
   Also, if some New Mars members aren't in The Mars Society, should we be trying to encourage them to join?
   I hope these aren't painfully obvious questions or anything but I've never really thought about it and I'm curious.
                                       :0

The word 'aerobics' came about when the gym instructors got together and said: If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it Jumping Up and Down.   - Rita Rudner

#4 2002-06-07 22:39:09

Phobos

I thought New Mars was more of an e-zine than an organization.  I was rummaging around on the New Mars homepage just now and didn't see any links for joining anything other than the Mars Society.  Maybe the links are buried farther in?  Or maybe I'm just blind? smile

To achieve the impossible you must attempt the absurd

Board footer