New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2003-04-11 02:13:33

zhou jie

Re: hello!

I'm a chinese amateur astronomer.I came here for the fitst time.Nice to meet you.
My E-mail address is jpl-astronomer@vip.sina.com

#2 2003-04-11 06:29:49

Shaun Barrett

Welcome to New Mars, Zhou Jie!
    It was nice of you to drop in and say hello. We hope you will stay with us and join in our discussions.
                                  smile

The word 'aerobics' came about when the gym instructors got together and said: If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it Jumping Up and Down.   - Rita Rudner

#3 2003-04-11 07:56:48

dicktice

zhou jie: Let me repeat Shun's welcome, from the other side of the World from him. I have only been here a short time, and I am quite a lot older than he is, I am sure, but the Mars Society doesn't seem to be age-discriminating, but rather idea-oriented. (I wonder how you interpret our English use of the word "orient" in this context?) What branch of astronomy are you involved with, and what ideas do you prefer to discuss, since few of us (from what they write) seem to be astronomers...?

#4 2003-04-13 00:46:31

zhou jie

Thanks for your reply.
Last night,I read a book named ARE WE MARTIAN?,the author is an American citizen of Chinese origin who worked at NASA.I think that working at JPL of NASA is a great glory.So do you think what should I do if I want to work at JPL in Caltech?Is there any possibility for me to work at JPL?I am a college student now.I can remember how excited  when I saw the MARS PATHFINDER land on Mars on July 4,1997.

#5 2003-09-17 03:17:53

alokmohan

zhou jie,WELCOME.IamIndian and interested in astronomy.I write ppopular articles also in an indian language.I am a new member.my email adrress arup_1232003@yahoo.co.in.Expect hear soon.

Board footer