New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2002-07-24 21:23:50

Aditi

Re: Whats latest on Terraforming of Mars?????

I am a class 10 student in India. I am doing a project on terraforming of Mars, which I wish to submit for Intel Science Fair. I'd like as much info as possible to make the project as much realistic as possible (though its still close to sci-fi since we are still postulating).
Please send me links, mails, documents, drawings and research papers.

Regards
Aditi.

PS : If any one can actively help in suggesting some practicality part of it, I'll be grateful.

#2 2002-07-25 17:28:38

Phobos

Welcome aboard Aditi.  If you have access to a big library you might be able to find a book called Terraforming: Engineering Planetary Environments by Martyn J. Fogg.  It gets into a lot of the nitty gritty of terraforming.  You've probably already read it, but The Case for Mars by Robert Zubrin also has a lot of info on possibilities for terraforming.  When you speak of the "practicality" part are you talking about making some kind of demonstration?

To achieve the impossible you must attempt the absurd

#3 2002-07-27 14:27:41

Auqakah

If you mean a practical demonstration by practicality, then you could try going to a search engine and trying the key "Mars Jars" with the " 's. That might help find you some info.

Ex Astra, Scienta

Board footer