New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2004-12-08 09:08:47

BWhite

Re: T-Space Program - Burt Rutan to bid on CEV?

I don't see a thread on http://www.transformspace.com/documents … e.pdf]this program, yet.

Is this an alt-space government hybrid?

Give someone a sufficient [b][i]why[/i][/b] and they can endure just about any [b][i]how[/i][/b]

#2 2004-12-08 09:15:59

BWhite

This document asserts that permanent "expansion into the solar system" is the only sustainable rationale for space exploration.

Its about time. . .

Give someone a sufficient [b][i]why[/i][/b] and they can endure just about any [b][i]how[/i][/b]

#3 2004-12-08 10:02:05

SpaceNut
Administrator

A refinement of the vision but this one scares me a little bit.

For the first 20 For the first 20-40 expeditions, it will be cheaper to use more 40 expeditions, it will be cheaper to use more propellant than to create new optimized vehicles (lunar propellant than to create new optimized vehicles (lunar lander lander)

Still reading thou.

#4 2004-12-08 10:11:55

clark

Nothing like selling rope at the ground floor.

"We champion the "foltilla" approach! Why send one when you can send two for three times the price!"

Look over there, Burt Rutan! Do not look behind the curtain!

Board footer