New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#1 2005-04-03 07:58:36

Palomar

Re: Shape-Shifting Robot Nanotech - Swarms on Mars

http://www.spaceflightnow.com/news/n050 … ker/]Click

*I'll re-read this when I'm a bit more fully awake (currently very early a.m.).  This is cool.  I searched with the words "swarms" - "shape-shifting" - "nanotech" (both recent and more remote search fields) and don't see this article previously posted anywhere (though I find that difficult to believe!). 

Too bad SBird isn't still here; he was into nanotech, etc. 

--Cindy  smile

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#2 2005-04-04 15:12:07

Grypd

Re: Shape-Shifting Robot Nanotech - Swarms on Mars

The problems with Robots is that we are rapidly progressing on movement and physical capacity. Even power systems and to a degree vision are improving. What is holding back the ability for us to have robots everywhere is that we cant seem to crack the capacity to give them limited AI.

And I have been studying the progress of Nanotech and am impressed. Here is one for you researchers in England are actually using parts of virus cells developed to function and provide motive power and an ability to target themselves. Could bring a new generation of medicine

Chan eil mi aig a bheil ùidh ann an gleidheadh an status quo; Tha mi airson cur às e.

Board footer