New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2004-06-29 15:33:49

Dook
Banned

Re: Genetics

I read a few articles about genetics that said we will never be able to recreate dinosaurs like in the movie Jurassic Park but I disagree.

Genetics is the math of biology.  We know the order of the numbers but we are still trying to figure out the worth of the numbers.  The order of nucleotides determines the gene but the placement of that gene in the order also has an effect on the overall biology.

I think some day, maybe 100 years from now, we'll be able to design a biological entity.  Maybe a horse with a single spiral horn?  A human male body with the head of a buffalo or a woman with snakes for hair?

Board footer