New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2002-04-24 22:57:02

geekster
Banned

Re: Space Propulsion Engine _ New Physics

Space Propulsion Engine - New Physics Concept
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Space Propulsion Engine for Flying Saucer - New Physics

Rumor in Silicon Valley -

Inventor of 3D volume holographic optical storage
shopping his concept for Space Propulsion Engine
to US and other countries.

For further look at background goto link below

"colossalstorage.net/colossal6.htm"

He is working in top secret and will not patent, publish or share concepts as he says no physicist or scientist he has ever studied or researched had this approach and knows his concept will work to give near light speed
travel thru Galaxy.

He says it is a mankind first concept !!

#2 2002-04-25 02:26:15

Adrian
Website

Two comments:

Firstly, I deleted the other (identical) thread to this - one thread is enough.

Secondly, when any person claims to make some kind of revolutionary device that demolishes all known physics (e.g. faster than light propulsion, perpetual motion machine) and also says that they aren't going to publish any details, then I tend to dismiss the whole thing. If this person really believed his device worked, he'd publish in the knowledge that if it made sense, other scientists would agree. Believe it or not, the scientific method does work.

Editor of [url=http://www.newmars.com]New Mars[/url]

#3 2002-04-30 21:11:14

Canth

In most cases refusal to publish is the sign of a deluded crank. They are many in number, many of them are destroyed by revealing the basic method of their system. I read one apparently well designed website made by someone who truly believes that hydrogen will split and become monoatomic in the presence of a catalyst releasing gobs of energy. Basic knowledge of chemistry shows that this isn't possible. It would be nice if one of these people with extravagent claims were right but all told most of them are just crazies.

#4 2002-05-25 15:32:03

geekster
Banned

Ha! Ha ! Thanks for the great crazy comments. I can think of several great crazies, Einstein, Galileo, Wright Brothers, Alexander Graham Bell, Thomas Edison, Tesla, Heim, Columbus, VanBraun, etc., etc.
I figure the inventor with such elucidating hyperbola to be in a realm of his chosing, obviously not of yours. Ta Ta, we'll see ladies !
big_smile

#5 2002-05-25 18:39:03

Adrian
Website

The thing is, all of those 'crazies' (well, whenever they had to) published their results. This is the scientific method, to publish your results so others can see if they are reproducible; if they are, they are investigated. If no-one has any proof of how or whether this engine works, how can you expect anyone to believe it?

Editor of [url=http://www.newmars.com]New Mars[/url]

#6 2002-05-26 09:55:13

Canth

Einstein, Galileo, Wright Brothers, Alexander Graham Bell, Thomas Edison, Tesla, Heim, Columbus, VanBraun, etc., etc all published and/or proved their theories or at least something like them. Note that Columbus insisted that he discoered a new way to JAPAN and that Tesla was sometimes secrative, which cost him much recognition untill after his death. Alexander Grahm Bell and Thomas Edison both have some serious accusations against them that they stole some of their inventions. Untill someone shows serious signs of credibility and honestey we cannot help but brand them cranks. I hope that this guy's quantum tunelling method works but untill he shows me something concrete about his design he might as well be saying that the earth is flat.

#7 2002-06-05 20:29:39

geekster
Banned

The inventor read all propulsion concepts all over the
world and even some comments here. He basically
doesnt give a #### what anybody thinks ! and I was
told to pass it on to as many people or companies as I want !

He knows what he has and by reading all of the published
papers, articles, patents, scientic investigations, etc.
he know what everybody else has,   he SMILES !!

ferroelectric molecular optical storage nanotechnology big_smile

#8 2002-06-06 08:43:49

Tom Jolly
Banned

I looked at his site, and for the life of me I can't find anything related to propulsion; it's all about storage devices for harddrives. I found one link that goes to a Pop Sci article about flying saucers run by nukes for propulsion, but not a word about him in there. Where on his sight does he propose his concepts?

TJ

Board footer