New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2005-03-18 09:46:02

srmeaney

Re: Neutrino Propulsion Systems - Superconductors have a use afterall.

Type 2 superconductors produce a field in opposition to an applied field. A neutrino, being an applied field decellerates across the supercunducting antimagnetic boundary and is captured within the confines of a bottle. Propulsion is achieved by 'pulling the cork from the bottle'. I came up with it in 1996. Zero interest by sqirmy intelectuals though. Considering you cant calculate the dv because neutrino has no mass, and no one can tell me how to calculate dv based on one field being repelled by a mass generating a mirror field. I'd post the pic i drew but that process is beyond my frustrated ego.

#2 2005-03-18 09:51:44

srmeaney

considering that the neutrino is a carrier field for magnetic energy, I would point out that it's use in enhanced nuclear fusion drives will be at a premium. If you saturate  basic elements with neutrinos, fusion is aided by an intense applied magnetic field as well as compression.

#3 2005-03-18 11:13:16

John Creighton
Website

Interesting idea. Since the details are a long way off perhaps a primordial black whole drive is a more near time concept. 100 % conversion of matter into energy.

Dig into the [url=http://child-civilization.blogspot.com/2006/12/political-grab-bag.html]political grab bag[/url] at [url=http://child-civilization.blogspot.com/]Child Civilization[/url]

#4 2005-03-18 11:46:48

GCNRevenger

Ummmmmm no... another "out there" idea.

[i]"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw[/i]

[i]The glass is at 50% of capacity[/i]

#5 2005-03-19 00:17:00

srmeaney

It's not that far off. Nasa put primitive version I sugested to an italian university in orbit only to have it pull free of the shuttles robotic arm.

#6 2005-03-19 00:36:29

GCNRevenger

Uhhhhhhh no they didn't. That is not true.

[i]"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw[/i]

[i]The glass is at 50% of capacity[/i]

#7 2005-03-19 07:23:16

srmeaney

yes it is. It was designed to generate electricity. looked like big tin cylinder with sphere on end. Metal windings down length. Happened back in 1999? Based on basic conceptual drawing i sent to various agencies and universities at the time.
I've moved on to other usesfor the technology since then.

Board footer