New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2003-01-16 13:25:08

orionblade
Banned

Re: MOLTOV - unmanned scout...

Hey, i'm working on an unmanned scout mission... check my post in unmanned missions. Take care all,
Rion

#2 2003-01-16 13:38:47

Adrian
Website

Hey, there really is no need to post twice about your unmanned scout mission; the reason we have different forums is so that things are organised. People will have seen your post and I'm sure someone will comment soon.

Editor of [url=http://www.newmars.com]New Mars[/url]

#3 2003-01-16 16:30:39

orionblade
Banned

the reason I posted twice is the reason for the mission is to scout for a future manned mission... Anyhow, we're planning some small experiments to see exactly how little we can take with us and still provide thermal control and the like for a manned habitat. I think we could easily send a much lighter habitat than what is currently planned. I'm thinking of inflatable structures, buildings using regolith cut from the ground like homesteader-style sod houses, and any number of things that we can use on-site instead of carrying a major load of structure with us. I don't mind bringing batteries and electrical equipment, solar panels, test equipment and communications hardware, weight that does something, in other words, but structure is just that. Once you get it to where you're going, it just sits there.
Anyhow, That's why I duplicated the post, since the project would draw interest from both areas. It got your attention, didn't it? ;-)
anyhow, take care,
Rion Motley

#4 2003-01-21 16:57:38

Adrian
Website

Yeah, but your original post of 'Hey, i'm working on an unmanned scout mission' didn't indicate any of the ideas that you mentioned just now; what do you expect people to think? So I will be deleting this thread in a day or so.

Please keep in mind that this has *nothing* to do with the content of your ideas. I just don't want duplicate posts in these forums, and I've been having to say this more frequently over the last few weeks. I have no problem with you starting up a new thread that is relevant to the subject of this forum - human missions to Mars.

#5 2003-01-21 23:06:31

orionblade
Banned

any way to just move it?

#6 2003-01-22 12:21:19

Adrian
Website

I still don't see what the point is - I mean, it was started on a completely flawed basis. So this thread will be deleted in a few hours.

Board footer