New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2003-10-29 18:06:02

RobS
Banned
Website

Re: Zubrin's Testimony before congress

It is very impressive and well thought out; you should read it:

Zubrin's Testimony

#2 2003-10-29 19:58:27

Shaun Barrett

Yes indeed, Rob!
    I agree with you 110%.
    I read the testimony and commented on it over at Free Chat - it seems everybody's talking about the latest buzz in Washington!
    Let's hope Zubrin's plan gets the go-ahead.
                                                      cool   smile

The word 'aerobics' came about when the gym instructors got together and said: If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it Jumping Up and Down.   - Rita Rudner

#3 2003-10-30 05:39:00

sethmckiness
Banned

WOW!

About damn time!

That was an awesome speech, I am hoping that it did not fall on deaf ears.  I imagine we will find out in 48 days..  I hope some good comes from this!

We are only limited by our Will and our Imagination.

#4 2003-10-30 07:29:25

TJohn
Banned

I caught probably the last half of the entire thing.  I was doing some reading for school when Sean O'Keefe and ADM Gehman were speaking.  It was funny when (I forget the senator's name) asked Mr. O'Keefe about trying to send up a shuttle to rescue the Columbia crew.  The senator kept pressing him for an answer and Mr. O'Keefe would start to answer and the senator just cut him off in mid sentence.  Mr. O'Keefe just rolled his eyes and they ended their part of the testimony. 

All the speakers after that were great.  I don't get to see much of Dr. Zubrin but he's fun to watch.  His enthusiasm is very contaigous.  It was very interesting to watch the exchange between Sen McCain and the senator after him.  The second senator had very good questions and he seemed surprised himself that the Mars Direct mission has not occurred.  Again, it was great Dr. Zubrin, Dr. Huntress, Dr.(?) Woods, and Mr. Tumlinson.  I hope something contructive comes from this!!

One day...we will get to Mars and the rest of the galaxy!!  Hopefully it will be by Nuclear power!!!

Board footer