New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2003-11-01 18:46:37

flashgordon

Re: the future is coming almost too fast - nanotech

molecular manufacturing is here, although in a very primitive stage of development.  But, its development is moving fast along with the development of other nanotech pathways; along with the increased pace of nanotech development, the expectation of the possible is changing faster and faster; i think this is why china doesn't give any clearcut idea of its future space program

#2 2003-11-01 19:06:38

flashgordon

I'll go as far as to say the recent stocks accellerations is due to nanotech stocks.

#3 2003-11-03 20:59:02

Free Spirit
Banned

It's still being debated whether molecular manufacturing is even possible.  All those stocks you're talking about are probably due to structural/materials "nanotech" like better window coatings or whatever.

My people don't call themselves Sioux or Dakota.  We call ourselves Ikce Wicasa, the natural humans, the free, wild, common people.  I am pleased to call myself that.  -Lame Deer

#4 2004-01-16 14:59:16

Pendragon
Banned

i think this is why china doesn't give any clearcut idea of its future space program

I think it is probably more of a "if we don't say what we are doing, we can't fail to meet expectations"

But as for Nanotech, while it has huge implications (again the line: imagine what the world will be like in 10 years)  its impacts will be like any other tech.  Its reaches will reach as far as pop culture will take it, but life will still be life.

Board footer