New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2001-10-19 13:22:19

John Creighton
Website

Re: Share, How You Feel About Mars - in the context of the day

I hear much today about fear. I am not scared. Today, I am happier then I have been in awhile. However, I'm not really thinking about the future anymore. Abstract dreams of, what might be, do not seem to capture my imagination. MY happiness is in music, sports, girls and partying. When I use my mind for more intellectual things I have little room or patience to think of much else beyond my school and the events of the day. I know there are many who still have mars as one of their main interests. I ask for these people to share with me why these thoughts and dreams are so important to their lives.

Dig into the [url=http://child-civilization.blogspot.com/2006/12/political-grab-bag.html]political grab bag[/url] at [url=http://child-civilization.blogspot.com/]Child Civilization[/url]

#2 2003-09-22 05:50:12

alokmohan

Mars is a new frontier .It has plenty of co2 that can be converted to oxygen.It has plenty of water.So it can be easily terraformed ,making similar to earth.There will be plenty of minerals in asteroids,that can be sent to earth,processed and sent to Mars for manufacture.There will few men and good society.It will bring new culture,form of renaissance.

#3 2003-09-22 07:16:09

Shaun Barrett

Well spoken, Alokmohan!
    I agree with you and I like your vision of the New World.
                                      cool

[ I hope sending minerals to Earth for processing won't be necessary though. I hope Mars will be able to deal with it.]

The word 'aerobics' came about when the gym instructors got together and said: If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it Jumping Up and Down.   - Rita Rudner

#4 2003-09-22 09:41:40

sethmckiness
Banned

I feel Mars is the next frontier.  I don't feel we will be a true space faring civilization until we can get to another celestial body safely and consistantly in a timely fashion.  I think that Mars is the next step for out Space Faring ability and the Gateway to the Jovian Moons.  And Christopher Columbus thought North America was the New World...

We are only limited by our Will and our Imagination.

Board footer