New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2002-06-04 14:18:37

Byron

Re: 2002 Mars Society Convention - What to expect, who's going, etc?

Hi everyone,

I've just joined the Mars Society and have signed up for the Convention in Boulder this August.  I'd like to hear from others who's planning to go or have been to one in the past, news, what it's like, etc.  Can't wait to mingle with all the other Mars enthusiasts!   smile

#2 2002-06-09 13:20:57

Adrian
Website

Unfortunately I'm not going to the convention this year (I went to the first and third) but I do intend to go again soon. Providing there's sufficient interest I would love to do some kind of New Mars panel session or discussion in 2003.

Editor of [url=http://www.newmars.com]New Mars[/url]

#3 2002-06-15 21:32:27

Palomar

I've just joined the Mars Society and have signed up for the Convention in Boulder this August.  I'd like to hear from others who's planning to go or have been to one in the past, news, what it's like, etc.  Can't wait to mingle with all the other Mars enthusiasts!   smile

I won't be able to make it to the MS Convention this year, but I definitely plan to attend one within the next few years.  I'm wondering if there are buffet dinners, dances, etc., planned for the attendees, alongside of the lectures, presentations, etc.?  I'd like to hear from others who have attended previous conventions.

--Cindy

MS member since 6/01

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#4 2002-06-16 04:54:06

Adrian
Website

At the end of the convention there's always a banquet for attendees, which is usually pretty fun and has a bit of entertainment. Towards the end of the banquet a few short speeches are made by Zubrin et al, and if my two previous experiences are anything to go by, they have an open-mic session where any member can ask questions or make statements about any aspects of the Mars Society.

Other than the final banquet there isn't much else planned, as attendees tend to make their own arrangements.

Editor of [url=http://www.newmars.com]New Mars[/url]

Board footer