New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#1 2024-08-14 11:43:58

Void

Who is it that thinks they own us, "We the People?"

I am seeing again the question of who owns outer space.  The people who are posing this question seem to assume that they own us.  I don't like that notion at all.

Done

Last edited by Void (2024-08-14 11:44:28)

End smile

#2 2024-08-14 12:05:08

Calliban

Re: Who is it that thinks they own us, "We the People?"

Void wrote:

I am seeing again the question of who owns outer space.  The people who are posing this question seem to assume that they own us.  I don't like that notion at all.

Done

There are always shitheads who want to control you, take what is yours or just kick you down out of spite.  The people that want to do that are everywhere.

Ownership is merely a claim that can be enforced and is thus recognised.  It isn't uncommon for conflicting claims.  Ask who would wish to make a claim and if they are capable of enforcing that claim.  The question is clearly important, because surviving out in space requires being able to sell things to people on Earth in exchange for things you need.  To undermine a claim, all the authorities on Earth need do is prevent you from selling your wares.

"Plan and prepare for every possibility, and you will never act. It is nobler to have courage as we stumble into half the things we fear than to analyse every possible obstacle and begin nothing. Great things are achieved by embracing great dangers."

#3 2024-08-14 13:29:12

Void

My aim at this time is not against the most powerful of players, but the other pawns in the game.  Those who interfere with our objectives without even having proper credential to do so.  So, to make them present their credentials, (Which are probably lacking).

The Anti-Humanists, and perhaps some of the Nihilists.  Some people who do this may do it as they feel empowered. Such as perhaps a student at a college who really has no power otherwise.  Or sometimes we might be dealing with a Quisling who wishes to impede an effort in order for some other entity to prosper in doing a similar thing.

For the moment this is to be armor against Munchkins of the Evil sort, or Librarians of the sort that pretend they are intellectuals when in fact they serve a religion secretly.  Evil librarians at universities perhaps.

As for the classes of higher powers, I am expecting to see many of them see how their interests served by doing what is right.

Done

Last edited by Void (2024-08-14 13:37:47)

End smile

#4 2024-08-14 14:47:57

Calliban

This man was jailed essentially for protesting.
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/61- … o-fk-allah

The people that did this are the same people that want to lock up Musk.  They are the enemy of anyone that loves freedom.

"Plan and prepare for every possibility, and you will never act. It is nobler to have courage as we stumble into half the things we fear than to analyse every possible obstacle and begin nothing. Great things are achieved by embracing great dangers."

#5 2024-08-14 20:18:30

Void

I do not approve, but for now do not think it appropriate for me to interfere in the British world, as I am only partially ethnically British, and not at all by culture or allegiance.  But the same curtesy is required of Europe as Musk is one of ours.  You may not have him.

This is really a stupid mess we are in.  They had the chance for a Royal Flush!  The whole bag, but no they wanted to do Napoleon to Russia instead of having prosperity.  Stupid idiots!

Done

Last edited by Void (2024-08-14 20:20:19)

End smile

Board footer