New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#1 2024-06-02 09:45:37

SpaceNut
Administrator

Building high efficiency space style homes

One of the ideas floated around for a period of time is to construct homes for earth to gain a means of financial gain. This has been shown to be something that earth people have constructed in the past.

13 Spaceship Homes That Are Out of This World

53 slides of images.

depending on locations and needs features will change.

#2 2024-06-02 10:11:55

tahanson43206

Re: Building high efficiency space style homes

This post is reserved for an index to contributions that NewMars members may provide over time.

(th)

#3 2024-06-02 11:34:38

SpaceNut
Administrator

depending on tax and town laws some will be prohibited while those wanting to be off grid inside a local township or city may be forced to hook up to services that they could do in a self-sufficient mode.

I suspect that most designs will have lots of high-tech features built into them.

Electrical, heat and cold storage are just a few that one will do.

#4 2024-06-19 07:49:16

SpaceNut
Administrator

Discussion topics that go with the creation of Homes that use technology to make them more energy efficient.

Introduction A improvement of Attic Insulating

Heat Pump - Heat Pumps including Heat Pump plus Thermal Energy Storage Hybrid Home System

#5 2024-06-20 17:01:39

SpaceNut
Administrator

#6 2024-06-20 18:41:34

tahanson43206

For SpaceNut re home design ...

This post ** should ** be loosely fitted to your topic ...

I'm hoping it will inspire you a bit .... this evening's TV outpouring included a short sequence on  homes designed, build and lived in over recent decades, in arid parts of the US.  The homes are designed to live in harmony with the hot dry desert, much as homes in Arabia have been so designed. The difference here, and what made the sequence interesting to me (and hopefully others) is that modern high technology has been introduced to provide a ** really ** comfortable, modern style of living totally off the grid

A number of homes were shown. Impressions I have include: Solar panels, modern electric appliances, Internet communication (plus older forms such as radio), and growing crops.  Fresh water may have come from underground aquifers, but that is a perishable resource.  A set of tanks to hold rainy season water were included in some of the layouts.

All in all, as a model for Mars Living, I thought this work is relevant.

(th)

Last edited by tahanson43206 (2024-06-20 18:42:33)

Board footer