New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2024-04-08 08:19:16

tahanson43206

Wikipedia Article on Mars Society

NewMars.com/forums is honored to receive a request from one of the editors of the Wikipedia article on Mars Society.

I am also an editor there, although I am about as Junior as it is possible to get.

Here is correspondence exchanged at the NewMarsMember Gmail account:

Mars Society article on Wikipedia
Inbox

Nguyễn Hoàng An <nguyenhoangan1235@gmail.com>
Apr 7, 2024, 2:06PM (20 hours ago)
to me

Hello,

I’ve just rewritten the Wikipedia article on the Mars Society and I want to receive feedback on the article on the New Mars forum, because I want to avoid missing something important or have factual inaccuracies in the article. The article is available at here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Society. I not a member of the Mars Society because I seek to be as impartial as possible when writing this article. If you can post a request to solicit feedback on the forum on my behalf, that would be amazing.

Thank you so much,
An

Thomas Hanson
10:12AM (1 minute ago)
to Nguyễn

For
Nguyễn Hoàng An
End Quotation
Thank you for writing to NewMarsMember!
It is rewarding to find your message in our in box, because most days all we get here are ads.
I will immediately post your announcement and request. However, I will also forward your offer to the Executive Director of the Mars Society, because I am sure he will take an interest in the Wikipedia article on the Society.
The NewMars forum is one of many activities of the Mars Society.
Thanks again for contacting us!
(th) tahanson43206

All members of NewMars are invited to review the Wikipedia article and make comments or suggestions.

A copy of the above was forwarded to the Executive Director of the Mars Society, as well as the Admins of this forum.

(th)

#2 2024-04-08 08:20:00

tahanson43206

Re: Wikipedia Article on Mars Society

This post is reserved for an index to posts NewMars members may contribute over time.

(th)

#3 2024-04-08 10:53:51

SpaceNut
Administrator

#4 2024-04-08 13:35:30

tahanson43206

Re: Wikipedia Article on Mars Society

As a follow up, Mr. Burk sent an email to a gent who apparently is responsible for publicity for the Mars Society.

That gent agreed to take a look at the Wikipedia article.

This topic is available for NewMars members to comment specifically on the article.

Information about other sources of information  about the Mars Society might fit better in other topics.

(th)

Board footer