New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#1 2023-11-08 15:52:01

tahanson43206

Visual Studio Code

Visual Studio Code just updated ....

I decided it is time to open a topic for this package, because it is free to all and runs on most systems.

If any of our members are working with this software, I'd be interested in your experiences.

There is too much there for anyone of us to know it all, so individual reports are likely to be helpful

(th)

#2 2023-11-08 15:54:45

tahanson43206

Re: Visual Studio Code

First post in new topic:

Interesting! Visual Studio Code says it is copying text, but it does not save in the system clipboard.

The new version is 1.84.1 .... the list of enhancements goes on for many web pages ...

October 2023 (version 1.84)

Show release notes after an update [x]

Update 1.84.1: The update addresses these issues << hyperlink

Welcome to the October 2023 release of Visual Studio Code. There are many updates in this version that we hope you'll like ....

There is too much to transcribe, but if anyone is interested I found a link to this page.

https://code.visualstudio.com/updates/v1_84

(th)

#3 2024-05-04 17:03:24

tahanson43206

Re: Visual Studio Code

Visual Studio Code is the tool in use for moving FluxBB 1.5.11 from 2012 to 2024 as FluxBB 1.5.12.

When I logged in just now, to begin working on the next PHP file, in a long list of them to be processed, the announcment of an update appeared.

April 2024 (version 1.89)

Show release notes after an update

Welcome to the April 2024 release of Visual Studio Code. There are many updates in this version that we hope you'll like, some of the key highlights include:

Preview Markdown images & videos - Hover over a link to preview images & videos in Markdown.
Enhanced branch switching - Restore open editors seamlessly when switching between branches.
Middle-click paste support - Paste text quickly in the terminal using a mouse middle-click.
WSL over Remote - SSH - Use WSL when connected to a remote machine via Remote - SSH.
Accessible View - Navigate through comments, chat code blocks & terminal commands from the Accessible View.
Keyboard shortcuts for UI actions - Customize keybindings for UI actions directly with a right-click.
Quick Search - Search for text across your workspace with Quick Search.
AI-powered rename suggestions - Get intelligent rename suggestions in the editor with Copilot.
Copilot content exclusion - Exclude files from being used in the Copilot context.
Local workspace extension - Include and install extensions directly in your workspace.
If you'd like to read these release notes online, go to Updates on code.visualstudio.com. Insiders: Want to try new features as soon as possible? You can download the nightly Insiders build and try the latest updates as soon as they are available.

If a member of NewMars has a question about how Visual Studio Code is working for this process, I will be happy to attempt to answer.

(th)

Board footer