New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2023-09-20 11:52:52

Void

Mob Behaviors, and Interference usage of Environmentalism.

If the high ones want this gone, I am quite willing and forgiving.

My deal here is to point out the dangers of the establishment of "Estates of Interference".  Actually, very close to some types of accepted politics, but needing recognition, I feel, so that we may better direct our society more than being interfered with by entities with low purposes.

I do not want to live in a toxic sewer of poison, so of course things like environmental hygiene are often valid.

But we are going to need to be able to follow the money back for some of these actions occurring and indeed look for the presence of the influence of hostile interests both internal and external to our nations.

So, we are going to need to understand the motives for actions taken.  They may be disguised as a tool for things hostile to our interests.

A parallel example is when organized crime requires payments or they will take hostile actions against a small business.  I am not saying that all or most environmentalist actions are of such a nature, but we should always question motive, and where the money and hypnosis comes from and why it is coming.

Hypnosis in this post means repetitive mention of themes which may have variable elements of truth and falsehoods.

An obvious example that might illustrate foreign influence would be those who compete with us for the production of energy, wanting to hypnotize American mobs towards a path making us more dependent to foreign sources of oil.  And these powers may have quislings in our country who receive kickbacks of some kind to help in the effort to direct our public.

Another more sinister one would be efforts to persuade our country to deindustrialize.  So, they may harm our income and eventually even our security even to the military level.

So, I am just saying we need to balance our judgement and look for cooties in the structure of our society, things in the woodwork.

And yes, let's have just a pinch of suspicion about actions against space efforts.

Done.

Last edited by Void (2023-09-20 12:03:07)

Done.

#2 2023-09-20 13:38:54

Mars_B4_Moon

Re: Mob Behaviors, and Interference usage of Environmentalism.

Nu-Luddism says stop the machines! While others like the Amish don't get involved much in politics and just do their own thing while being very, very traditional. There are guys who pray to mountains in Hawaii or Mt Everest, US Native Americans on Reservation, the Himalaya a type of radical tree group or  Chipko movement in Nepal and India, every region has their own unique flavor of Enviornmentalism, the ColdWar might have frightened people of science progress and the threat of civilization end by nuclear warfare but it might also halt if you switch off all your machines! Ted Kaczynski  a mathematics prodigy, but abandoned life quit the system and lived off grid and then made bombs to bomb and kill modernization,  in Mexico a group or person calling itself Individualists Tending to the Wild perpetrated an attack with a bomb these events are perhaps some of the most extreme examples.

Some of these radical movements are diverse with their different types of political insanity, some predicted a movement growing stronger, new waves of radical greeny anarchists maybe born because of both the Left and Right. One I don't understand is a group of them destroying artwork or they glue themselves to a road, climate activists blocking highways. This strange mob rage and empty political movement has been around a while. Some simply do not go crazy and do not care at all, but they also think we're all Doomed in an Apocalypse so go out be a hedonist be weird and sick and enjoy yourself! One of the more shallow places I seen on the web was reddit "Childfree", its own community had maybe a million people looking or reading posts and subscribing, the core of "Childfree" Anti-Family and very much would promote drug use, greed, alcoholism, partying and general Anti-American values and selfishness, they did not care for life beyond their own little minds and were loyal only to themselves and their toys or fashions or gimzos they purchased that week and loyal to their own dopamine 'highs'. The political game has been around a while Nixon did end Apollo but overall he probably wasn't as bad as people say, he did launch the EPA when rivers were extremely polluted. As years moved on people blamed Bush junior for being Anti-Science, he would not fund Stem-Cell research, he also spends a lot of money and sells many lies with a 'War On Terror' getting close to Creationists he was seen as an Anti-Science guy. In recent Political Years the Democrats have lost their way, a new version of the red scare a political hunt of Reverse McCarthyism some Neo-Democrats seem to have strange values, a border-less nation, the world is Doomed Defeatism, a new revolution not exactly the same as the Soviet one but within the context of Western philosophy a conflict between facts and values where they will not Invest in Thorium or Fusion or other technology because Luddites became the new 'Green' blocking technology, the handicraftsmen and the new sciences that can solve energy needs, it becomes a Nihilist Critique of Earth with no Environmental solution. The current mob in the USA is different to Russia and Europe but it is also highly influenced by the old ideas of Religious fanaticism, the Atheist Communist revolution politics and influenced by modern Greens of France and Greens of Germany who have tried to sabotage their own energy systems and cost their own economies.  By using constant political attacks it will divide, after 911 there was a lot of good will America was united and much of the world had goodwill and empathy for the USA but now the Left vs Right gap is more extreme than ever. It could be an insane cult or a propaganda effort, with scientific progress instead you think humanity can find a solution, keep scientific hope in the future alive, to save the river and make it clean water is good, saving animal or plant or the bees is fine but maybe its time the media admits the earth liberationists have taken it a step too far. Extinction Rebellion or XR I think is one of the current big movements a  Russian Jewish guy busy in the 1960s, 70s and 70s, writing from Bookchin was an influence a new green idea for other writers and historian and a prominent anti-capitalist, he might have set the original Atheist and radical left and Luddite tones. Some are 'religious' in their 'Green' so you can not blame Atheists and then also to counter hippie ideas in certain cultures we can see in our real world which has not gone 'extinct' that humans can live inside other higher population density, so maybe there could also be a Malthusianism element to all of the politics.

Is it unfair to class these movements Religiously Pure or as Atheists or as Anti-Technology or Anti-Science, even the Cultural Revolution the Great Leap ForwardRevolution, a sociopolitical movement did have good elements of science but how dare you criticize your new Emperor Moa!

The Anarchy Archives?  utopian in its faith, screech and scream radical calls for revolution

Murray Bookchin Bibliography

http://dwardmac.pitzer.edu/Anarchist_Ar … iblio.html

Backward but also at times somewhat futurist, Bookchin anticipates the importance of cybernetic technology to the development of human potential over a decade before the origin of cyberpunk
https://www.akpress.org/catalog/product … anarchism/

Last edited by Mars_B4_Moon (2023-09-20 14:03:48)

#3 2023-09-30 07:58:30

Mars_B4_Moon

Germany passes law to make energy savings compulsory
https://www.reuters.com/sustainability/ … 023-09-21/

How Germany, France and Italy compare on net zero emission targets
https://www.theguardian.com/environment … on-targets

Another not fully but very critical Musk is crazy or 'Insane' article? but from Scientific American

Why We'll Never Live in Space

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti … -in-space/

Vision and bone problems are also among the more serious side effects. When astronauts spend a month or more in space, their eyeballs flatten, one aspect of a condition called spaceflight-associated neuro-ocular syndrome, which can cause long-lasting damage to eyesight. Bones and muscles are built for life on Earth, which involves the ever present pull of gravity. The work the body does against gravity to stay upright and move around keeps muscles from atrophying and stimulates bone growth. In space, without a force to push against, astronauts can experience bone loss that outpaces bone growth, and their muscles shrink. That's why they must do hours of exercise every day, using specialized equipment that helps to simulate some of the forces their anatomy would feel on the ground—and even this training doesn't fully alleviate the loss.

Perhaps the most significant concern about bodies in space, though, is radiation, something that is manageable for today's astronauts flying in low-Earth orbit but would be a bigger deal for people traveling farther and for longer. Some of it comes from the sun, which spews naked protons that can damage DNA, particularly during solar storms. “[That] could make you very, very sick and give you acute radiation syndrome,” says Dorit Donoviel, a professor at the Baylor College of Medicine and director of the Translational Research Institute for Space Health (TRISH).

perhaps 'Never' almost a silly incorrect term to use here??

#4 2023-09-30 11:10:08

Void

I have had a lingering suspicion that supervisor types are trying to impede the power of technological types.  It is natural.  Alphas have a great dependency on those they lord over.  I recall being told in school that plantation owners used to tell their "Servants" that if they ran away into the wilderness, the natives would kill them.  Being a "Servant" you would not have much ability to know how true that might be.  It was in some cases true, and I think historically not always.  The "Natives" would adopt or enslave other people on occasion or sometimes torture them to death.

So, I can see that there appears to be a force being applied to keep possession of technological people as "Servants", and those so doing are more on the verbal end of the spectrum.  In my theories, though, they may be wasting their time to some extent.  I believe in a nature flip-flop in the human condition, that is quite amplified in the Anglo-American identified, and associated populations.  We may be witnessing the last gasp of the former "Owners".

The vertical is reducing, the horizontal is increasing.

So, water off of a ducks back is perhaps the best reaction.  Recognize their weakness, shrug, move on, and bypass their blocking if you can.

Done

Last edited by Void (2023-09-30 11:40:27)

Done.

Board footer