New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2023-04-02 14:05:38

tahanson43206

Water Propulsion - jet - ion - hybrid

This topic is offered in consideration of the discovery by Mars_B4_Moon of a Japanese company which is making progress in inventing (and patenting) technologies to use plain water for propulsion.

The topic ** should ** be able to accommodate ** any ** propulsion system that employs simple water molecules, either by themselves as propellant, or separated into ions for ion propulsion, or in some other way that physics may allow.

(th)

#2 2023-04-02 14:06:22

tahanson43206

Re: Water Propulsion - jet - ion - hybrid

Mars_B4_Moon wrote:

Too many threads with 'Water' in them I will post this news here for the moment

'Pale Blue Successfully Operates its Water-Based Propulsion System in Orbit'

https://www.universetoday.com/160781/pa … -in-orbit/

(th)

#3 2023-10-05 09:29:24

tahanson43206

Re: Water Propulsion - jet - ion - hybrid

Water has many advantages as a propellant, if a way can be found to make it work.

I had forgotten about this topic, but found it when I searched for a topic with the word water in the title.

(th)

Board footer