New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2021-11-22 17:35:52

louis

Marine Reptile?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVroTFWyYFE

The "marine reptile" featured at the beginning of the video reminds me so much of the dead seal my wife and I came across walking along the UK coast. It was already in a state of some petrification - the skin having turned into something like leather. I could well imagine given a few hundred thousand more years it could look like the "marine reptile".

I'm definitely keeping an open mind on this. If Mars suffered some unbelievably catastrophic event e.g. maybe a highly oxgenated atmosphere caught fire in a kind of global Apollo fire event or the planet was subjected to some particularly severe asteroid bombardment, life could have been ended in a matter of a few sols.

For me there is a pressing need to get people to Mars to investigate all these interesting "rocks" or "finds".

Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

Board footer