New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#26 2006-10-20 11:17:53

Tom Kalbfus
Banned

Re: Propitiation to the God of War

Rhymes with Jello.

Patrick Henry was outlining the reasons the colonists should fight, and that it is those reasons why we should fight. We don't fight for the sake of fighting, and the American revolution was just one example of why people fight. Some people try to portray it as simply war vs peace, it is never that simply. Some people fight because they want to invade, and other people fight because they want to defend. I don't know anyone who is interested in causing a War simply because they love warfare, it is the outcome they fight for, not simply so they can fight.

Some libs always think it is War vs Peace and their is no help for them if they always see things this way, but they should be kept away from the corridors of power, they are dangerous in that they might give too much power to the enemy when they are entrusted as a public servant. Remember the Series Amerika?

#27 2006-11-25 10:11:47

Tom Kalbfus
Banned

please read some books. become an individual . life is not tv. america is not the world. even if i like a lot usa i ve stayied 2 months this year but please consider even other thousand of years of writings and persons who lived before us. Because they gave us what we got

the research of Knowledje my pursuit , and it passes trough the concept of Complexity (or the Complexity of Concepts) so i generally think 70 times 7 before declare anything

State as the New Religion ? no thanks.
and im not talking only of un. states it s a general problem.

I never said life was like a TV show. I was asking you to consider what causes war. Even Hitler wasn't looking for War itself, but for the results War may bring. those defending themselves from Hitler didn't have a button they could push to get peace.

#28 2006-11-26 08:21:45

Tom Kalbfus
Banned

Rhymes with Jello.

Patrick Henry was outlining the reasons the colonists should fight, and that it is those reasons why we should fight. We don't fight for the sake of fighting, and the American revolution was just one example of why people fight. Some people try to portray it as simply war vs peace, it is never that simply. Some people fight because they want to invade, and other people fight because they want to defend. I don't know anyone who is interested in causing a War simply because they love warfare, it is the outcome they fight for, not simply so they can fight.

Some libs always think it is War vs Peace and their is no help for them if they always see things this way, but they should be kept away from the corridors of power, they are dangerous in that they might give too much power to the enemy when they are entrusted as a public servant. Remember the Series Amerika?

I like to talk for Myself- i never say. WE ITALIANS are going to do this or that. Im not a Borg :-). I cant completely trust you when you say : "We dont fight for the sake of fighiting" even if the medias are insisting on this point-conjecture,-- because no one can know the inner spirit of thousand million persons. and because even criminals-minds can vote and many other reasons but now it s dinner time i go eat bye :-)

No I am not speaking for Americans, I am speaking about human nature and what motivates people. I think your Caesars would have understood what motivates people to fight in a war. Even your Caesars weren't interested in starting a war for the sake of fighting it.

Board footer