New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#926 2021-10-02 19:48:01

SpaceNut
Administrator
From: New Hampshire
Registered: 2004-07-22
Posts: 24,368

Re: 2019 NCOV a.k.a. Wuhan's Diseases

The next fight on the virus comes from Antiviral pill

The news from Merck and Ridgeback Biotherapeutics on Friday that they created an antiviral pill that can reduce Covid-19 hospitalization and death by 50% was hailed by health experts, although they cautioned it wasn't a replacement for vaccinations.

"This can be used in conjunction with the vaccine. And it's not an alternative to vaccination.

Offline

#927 2021-10-02 21:39:48

kbd512
Administrator
Registered: 2015-01-02
Posts: 5,112

Re: 2019 NCOV a.k.a. Wuhan's Diseases

GW Johnson wrote:

Quotes from Louis post 920 above,  each analyzed:

"Now the UK media are shadowing the American media's puzzling silence on the Airzona audit,"  -- I do not see any US media silence,  what I saw was VERY widespread reporting that the persons hired to find fraud in Maricopa County Arizona could not find any fraud at all!  In point of fact,  the totals for Biden went up,  and for Trump went down,  by trivially small amounts.  This was VERY WIDELY reported.  Your source is lying to you.  (And,  it is spelled “Arizona”.)

That statement directly contradicts the actual findings.  50,000+ ballots being double-counted or assigned to the incorrect candidate is not "trivial".  It certainly wouldn't have been trivial to you if President Trump had won.

GW Johnson wrote:

"aspects of the Afghanistan debacle," -- which would have been a debacle no matter whether Bush,  Obama,  Trump,  or Biden actually pulled out,  precisely because none of the war colleges ever learned the lessons of Vietnam,  so they don't teach them.  Each of those 4 presidents was advised by the same class of top military officials.  So very clearly,  none of those advisers were ever taught the lessons of Vietnam.

What was the lesson of Viet Nam, in your opinion?

GW Johnson wrote:

Plus,  your diatribe against me,  Biden,  and Democrats TOTALLY FAILS to acknowledge that the pullout agreement with the Taliban was agreed-to by Trump,  not Biden!  Your source is lying to you again,  and I just gave you the specifics!  Biden actually agreed with Trump that the US needed to get out.  Biden merely delayed it from Trump's May 1 deadline to his August 31 deadline.  BFD,  and it didn't help with the inevitable outcome,  did it?  This was widely reported in the US.

I see you're still trying to blame the actions of President Biden on President Trump, speaking of not learning any lessons.

Pulling out all of our own people and allies ahead of time was utterly impossible, despite the fact that lists of those people were hand delivered to Biden's administration from the day he took office?

GW Johnson wrote:

"Millie's traitorous behaviour," --  it is spelled "Milley". General Milley acted to reduce the likelihood of an unjustified and unnecessary nuclear war breaking out between the US and China.  What is so traitorous about that?  Especially compared to Mr. Trump inciting (over many months,  not just that morning !!!) the Jan 6 insurrection.  Which is EXACTLY why he was impeached a second time!

Offering to provide military intelligence to a foreign country is the dictionary definition of treason.  It's a darn good thing you're not a defense attorney, because all your clients would spend the rest of their lives in prison.  General Milley betrayed his own country over something that never happened while President Trump was in office.  President Trump never attacked China.  Period.  More importantly, President Trump never started a single new war.  Biden is already bombing more people in Africa.

President Trump had nothing to do with the people who entered the Capitol building on January 6th.  He was still giving a speech to the crowd when those people decided to enter the Capitol building.  Since those who entered the Capitol building clearly didn't show up to listen to their President, or heed his warning during his speech to remain peaceful at all times, this has to be the most hilarious assertion of all.

Where's all your vitriol for the leftist thugs firebombing court houses in Seattle or burning down entire city blocks in Kenosha?  The handful of rioters from January 6th didn't do FIVE BILLION DOLLARS (and counting) worth of damage to cities across America.  Not one word about any of them.  I guess you think burning down a court house isn't an act of insurrection.  SCOTUS would beg to differ, BTW (another reason why you're not a lawyer- although I consider that to be a compliment to your character).

GW Johnson wrote:

"Traitorous" more aptly applies to McConnell's then-GOP-controlled-Senate failing to convict Trump.  Some of them said in public that “yeah,  he did it,  but we still choose not to convict”.  I heard them,  live!

Failed to convict President Trump of a non-crime, or maybe a thought crime, or maybe making the Democrats look stupid, not because President Trump is any kind of genius, but because the Democrats are so insufferably stupid?

He made a phone call to the President of Ukraine regarding former Vice President Biden's son soliciting for bribes to pay his father while his father was Vice President.  Now that the election is long over, one of your Trump-hating propaganda outlets is finally reporting on that, and that they lied about it during the election cycle, because they were after a specific political result.

GW Johnson wrote:

If the Dept. of Justice were to do it,  they could still try Mr. Trump for "sedition" under the US Code.  (Myself,  I wish they would.  We’d have a better choice available in 2024.)

The Department of Justice couldn't find any actual crime that President Trump committed.  I know you're upset over the fact that we still have laws that demand evidence, but the law works the way it does nonetheless.

If the Democrats could raise Adolf Hitler from the dead and ran the actual Hitler against President Trump ("Orange Hitler", your favorite boogeyman), there is zero doubt in my mind that most Democrats would vote for the actual Hitler if the TV told them to, because in the same way that vaccine paranoia has prevented Louis from protecting himself over irrational fear of vaccines, media-induced TDS has melted the brains of the Democrats.

GW Johnson wrote:

"Biden family crime operations (including payments from CCP front companies)" --  I have seen absolutely ZERO about this Chinese-connection claim,  because I do not care to watch or listen to far-right echo chambers and disinformation sites.  Believing those sources violates Occam's Razor,  as well as providing an object lesson in circular logic.  Everyone,  including you Louis,  should know better than that.

Speaking of Occam's Razor, can you please explain why a Vice President's son was hired by an oil company in Ukraine, despite having zero experience in the oil and gas industry and not speaking a single word of Ukrainian?

Even Hunter Biden had a hard time answering that question, voluntarily I might add, so I'm dying to hear your explanation.

Does being a crackhead who was kicked out of the Navy, screwing your brother's wife, posting videos of yourself smoking crack with prostitutes, qualify you to chair the ethics board of a foreign oil company?

When a politician is caught bragging about manipulating foreign nationals in exchange for money, you bet that wasn't the one and only instance of that type of behavior.

GW Johnson wrote:

"and the rampant rise of totalitarian thought and practice in the USA." -- those ideas and practices derive from far-right groups that exhibit what we usually term "fascist" characteristics.  Trump's advisor Michael Flynn was one of these,  being a Q-Anon believer who advocated for a military takeover of the US.  Unfortunately,  about 40% of Americans seem to fall in this category.  I do not know how we are to fix this!  If we don’t,  our democracy will fail,  that is clear.

Ah yes, there it is, more blame the other party for what my party is actually doing.

Maybe your dictionary is different from mine, but my dictionary says fascism is the merger between the government and corporations to subject everyone to the mandates they've agreed upon.  Gee whiz, that sounds a whole lot like what the Biden administration is actually doing.

Micheal Flynn was out of the picture about the time President Trump took office.  There is no "far right" in control of anything, period.  Your notion of "far right" is anyone who is more accommodating to personal freedoms and liberties than Stalin or Lenin.

Last but certainly not least, the United States of America IS NOT A DEMOCRACY.  Never was, and hopefully never will be.  The US of A is a Constitutional Republic.  We were formed as such, specifically because "democracy", aka "mob rule", is anathema to freedom and liberty.

GW Johnson wrote:

The actual word you seek is "authoritarian",  because "totalitarian" is too-associated with specific governments,  whether far-right or far-left.    We have associated "fascist" with "authoritarian" since the early 1920's (Hitler and Mussolini,  who taught Hitler much of what he knew about power and control). It's not limited to the far-right,  because the extreme far-left is also quite "authoritarian" (Lenin and the Bolsheviks in Russia,  from before 1917).

Poh-tay-toe, poh-tah-toe.  All totalitarian governments are authoritarian in nature.  Much of what the nazis learned about "power and control", they learned from the Democrat Party that was running the US at the time.  Unfortunately, since so few people have read enough history to "know what came before gas chambers and ovens", we're doomed to repeat history.

The "far right" isn't running education in America, nor the media, nor culture, nor most of our federal government.  If the "far right" was actually running anything, we'd have prayers in school, we wouldn't be murdering American babies, and who knows, we may even have laws that say men can't pretend to be women so they can win every sports competition intended for women to compete in- terrible stuff like that.

Hitler's American Model: The United States and the Making of Nazi Race Law

The US never gassed its own people because they were "the wrong race", but everything that the nazis initially "normalized" came from the racial segregation laws promulgated by the Democrat Party.  The nazis wrote about it, thought about what we'd done, and some even thought our laws were "a little too extreme" for their vision for what nazi Germany should be.  You can bet your last dollar that while the nazis had hatred in their hearts, which is ultimately what drove them to do the insane things they did, they sure as hell learned from our example- our illustrious Democrat Party.

GW Johnson wrote:

In point of fact,  ignoring the expressed ideologies (which are ALWAYS LIES),  I see NO PRACTICAL DIFFERENCE between far-right and far-left authoritarians.  They both want dictators supported by armies.  I do not!

Does that apply equally to ideology you agree with, versus ideology you disagree with?

Offline

#928 2021-10-03 08:02:12

Void
Member
Registered: 2011-12-29
Posts: 4,120

Re: 2019 NCOV a.k.a. Wuhan's Diseases

I think that the both of you make good points.  It should be possible to develop
common ground....

But this is an interruption:
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58764440
Quote:

Covid antiviral pill can halve risk of hospitalisation

I think this is a great development.  I prefer good news and friendly talk when possible.

In my opinion negative emotions shut down some important parts of the mind.
We get more "Reptilian".

But sometimes the negative must be involved.

Quote:

Unlike most Covid vaccines, which target the spike protein on the outside of the virus, the treatment works by targeting an enzyme the virus uses to make copies of itself.

Early treatment is needed apparently.  If you are already in the hospital in bad shape I think it can't do too much for you.

It is my impression that mutations of Corvid will not be able to work around this
treatment very easily.

Last edited by Void (2021-10-03 08:05:58)


I like people who criticize angels dancing on a pinhead.  I also like it when angels dance on my pinhead.

Offline

#929 2021-10-03 11:04:29

SpaceNut
Administrator
From: New Hampshire
Registered: 2004-07-22
Posts: 24,368

Re: 2019 NCOV a.k.a. Wuhan's Diseases

Double ballets is a crime and they can not vote twice so these are not duplicates...its made up.

The question on the Milley is was he under orders to do so and if not its his own neck..

A dog whistle is just that its a call

closing in for the Georgia call is a crime that was committed to change the declaration of the votes.

So WW1 & 2 are now because of democrats and not Hitler?

Now lying is not lying...

Now back to the virus if the antiviral pill is working then we will need to take how many and is it working on the other viruses as welll?
Sounds like a forever pill that you take to keep from getting sick...

Offline

#930 2021-10-03 11:13:58

GW Johnson
Member
From: McGregor, Texas USA
Registered: 2011-12-04
Posts: 4,741
Website

Re: 2019 NCOV a.k.a. Wuhan's Diseases

I think I am through posting in this thread,  or any of the related threads.  Every time I offer an opinion,  I get slammed,  and those slams are supported by "facts" (which are lies,  actually) coming from far-right sources,  believed by too many people.  When people prefer lies to the real facts,  conversation is impossible. 

You know who you are,  too.

GW


GW Johnson
McGregor,  Texas

"There is nothing as expensive as a dead crew,  especially one dead from a bad management decision"

Offline

#931 2021-10-03 16:33:31

kbd512
Administrator
Registered: 2015-01-02
Posts: 5,112

Re: 2019 NCOV a.k.a. Wuhan's Diseases

GW,

All contentious issues are driven by opinions when nobody agrees on the facts.  What I've learned over the past four years is that reporting of newsworthy information is purely driven by the politics of the person or monied interests backing the organization doing the reporting, and nothing else.  The notion there's some unbiased arbiter of truth out there, anytime humans are involved, or that truth is dependent upon how many other sources "re-tweet" the original source, is a total joke.

Each American is allowed to disagree with both their fellow Americans and their own government.  That's what it means to live in America, a Constitutional Republic, rather than a totalitarian / authoritarian regime where contentious issues are decided by decree or mob rule (true democracy).  I'm not interested in living under mob rule, nor any other form of totalitarianism.

If you were expecting 100% agreement with your own belief system, then all I can say is, "Welcome to the Internet!"  It's a marketplace of ideas, some good, some bad, and everyone's opinion of good and bad will differ, sometimes dramatically.

Edit:
If every time one side disagrees with the other, they stop talking to each other because they don't like the message they're receiving, how well is that likely to turn out?

Last edited by kbd512 (2021-10-03 16:57:34)

Offline

#932 2021-10-03 17:28:41

SpaceNut
Administrator
From: New Hampshire
Registered: 2004-07-22
Posts: 24,368

Re: 2019 NCOV a.k.a. Wuhan's Diseases

good kbd512 as The Constitution isn't destroying democracy. The people we elect are

Which goes to your point in an editorial...

Offline

#933 2021-10-04 05:09:10

kbd512
Administrator
Registered: 2015-01-02
Posts: 5,112

Re: 2019 NCOV a.k.a. Wuhan's Diseases

SpaceNut,

It's time to make Kamala Harris the President, because Joe Biden can't remember enough to be a President.  I've said that before, and I'm reiterating it here.

Offline

#934 2021-10-04 08:20:48

louis
Member
From: UK
Registered: 2008-03-24
Posts: 7,096

Re: 2019 NCOV a.k.a. Wuhan's Diseases

I thought he'd be gone by last month! But I must as that the White House medical staff are pretty good (as we saw with Trump's bout of Covid) - he's certainly more coherent (not saying a lot) than during the campaign. That said, his overall decline is painfully apparent. I saw in The Sunday Times an article suggesting his days are numbered. Apparently the Dems are looking to Jill Biden to deliver the message - you can forget the Constitution, which is of little interest to the Dems these days...apparently Dr Jill will make the dementia assessment.

kbd512 wrote:

SpaceNut,

It's time to make Kamala Harris the President, because Joe Biden can't remember enough to be a President.  I've said that before, and I'm reiterating it here.


Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

Offline

#935 2021-10-04 08:30:20

louis
Member
From: UK
Registered: 2008-03-24
Posts: 7,096

Re: 2019 NCOV a.k.a. Wuhan's Diseases

This report will surely give you pause if  you think that the ultravax ideologues of Big Pharma, Big Tech, Big Media and Big Government have your best interests at heart....

Uttar Pradesh in India has virtually eliminated Covid in their state by distributing health kits including as a main element Ivermectin - you know, the "horse dewormer" that hysterical or malevolent pro-vaxxers in the USA and UK don't want anyone to use.

https://www.sott.net/article/459021-Ind … t-revealed

The opposition to Ivermectin has nothing to do with health and everything to do with control, profit and the pursuit of the goal of replacing natural immunity with super-vaccination.

Last edited by louis (2021-10-04 08:31:30)


Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

Offline

#936 2021-10-04 18:03:22

SpaceNut
Administrator
From: New Hampshire
Registered: 2004-07-22
Posts: 24,368

Re: 2019 NCOV a.k.a. Wuhan's Diseases

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer- … t-covid-19

Ivermectin is approved for human use to treat infections caused by some parasitic worms and head lice and skin conditions like rosacea. Taking large doses of ivermectin is dangerous.

For one thing, animal drugs are often highly concentrated because they are used for large animals like horses and cows, which weigh a lot more than we do—a ton or more. Such high doses can be highly toxic in humans. Moreover, the FDA reviews drugs not just for safety and effectiveness of the active ingredients, but also for the inactive ingredients. Many inactive ingredients found in  products for animals aren’t evaluated for use in people.

Offline

#937 2021-10-04 18:55:39

kbd512
Administrator
Registered: 2015-01-02
Posts: 5,112

Re: 2019 NCOV a.k.a. Wuhan's Diseases

Louis,

Big Pharma doesn't make as much money off of vaccines as they do off of the various drugs they make for treatments of illness.  Remdesivir is outrageously expensive, as compared to the vaccine.  Even Ivermectin costs more money, especially if it's the name brand genuine article.  If memory serves, they make more money getting old men hard than most any other product they sell, so that's where all that research money went, in case you're curious.  Beyond that, getting any new drug or vaccine to market is at least a billion dollar proposition, due to regulations, which are in place to protect the public.  The vaccines that are still available passed all required evaluations, which is why they're still on the market.  The emergency use authorization has now lapsed and the FDA approves of the Pfizer vaccine under their standard rules for pharmaceutical products.  All that said, I don't have to trust that Big Pharma has my best interest at heart, merely that their doctors who developed the vaccine wanted mommy and daddy to live.  At the end of the day, the logic behind doing what they did was that simple.

I've never met any of these hysterical and malevolent "pro-vaxxers", but assuming they exist, they certainly remind me of other people.  If you're actually referring to media propagandists who are employed by the pharmaceutical companies, since that's who owns our media, then you could make a better case for that.  I don't spend much time in front of the brain melter these days, so forgive me if I'm ignorant of their nonsense.  Anyway...  It's hysterically funny watching people who distrust "Big Pharma", worship at the altar of "Big Computer".  Both are a more than a little bizarre, to my way of thinking.

Since drug companies make both Ivermectin and vaccines, they add to their bottom line no matter which product you buy.  I've never seen anyone cook up a batch of Ivermectin in their basement, so your "control" argument falls apart completely, unless that's a jab at government or media, which are only interested in "control" and "hey, look at me!".

Both you and GW fail to even consider other possibilities when it comes to whatever you've decided to fixate on.  One of the things they continually warn you against in the military is "target fixation", because that's a better than average way to get yourself killed, and often everyone you care about killed.  I prefer to continue to fight the fight, because there's pretty much no hill that's worth dying on.  Some people are worth dying for, but ideas / beliefs / material things... not so much.

I took the vaccine because all available data at the time, and to the present date, says it's the cheapest and most effective way to prevent serious injury or death from that cursed Chinese bioweapon.  Remember that old saying / truism about an ounce of prevention being worth a pound of cure?  Well, I've yet to read anything that's changed my opinion on that.  If Ivermectin is working so well for the Indians, then I think that's fantastic and wish them continued success in their battle against COVID.  I know what the vaccine does and know that it works, so I'm sticking with what's working right now, same as I wouldn't willingly pick up an AK47 on a battlefield when our M4s work so well.

Offline

#938 2021-10-04 19:19:47

kbd512
Administrator
Registered: 2015-01-02
Posts: 5,112

Re: 2019 NCOV a.k.a. Wuhan's Diseases

SpaceNut,

It should go without saying that following recommended dosing instructions is very important, which is why everyone should talk to their doctor about both medications and vaccines, rather than assuming they know more than a medical doctor who we've schooled for 10+ years and then trained on the job for another 10 years before we consider them competent to operate without supervision.  Most people who have had 20 years of schooling and training become good at what they do or voluntarily follow a different career path if they cannot become good at what they do, even if a handful don't.

If we get good results with either a drug or a vaccine, then we should use it, period.  If not, then we should move on to the next drug or vaccine, until we get the result we're after.  I prefer the ounce of prevention (the vaccine) first, and if prevention fails, then we use the pound of cure (Ivermectin or Remdesivir any other drug that happens to work).  Either way, kill it first and ask questions later.

Offline

#939 2021-10-05 19:08:49

SpaceNut
Administrator
From: New Hampshire
Registered: 2004-07-22
Posts: 24,368

Re: 2019 NCOV a.k.a. Wuhan's Diseases

Offline

#940 2021-10-06 10:07:18

kbd512
Administrator
Registered: 2015-01-02
Posts: 5,112

Re: 2019 NCOV a.k.a. Wuhan's Diseases

SpaceNut,

Forgive me, but what does the age of our Senators have to do with COVID or vaccines or drugs used to prevent / treat COVID?

Offline

#941 2021-10-07 17:54:19

SpaceNut
Administrator
From: New Hampshire
Registered: 2004-07-22
Posts: 24,368

Re: 2019 NCOV a.k.a. Wuhan's Diseases

About the same as talking about the "election steal - calling Arizona for Biden",  or "Biden's merry band of goofballs", "Biden family crime operations ", or the election recounts that really does not change anything but going up or down, how about "President Biden's son soliciting for bribes", or how " Kamala Harris the President, because Joe Biden can't remember enough to be a President" ect..

I brought up age is a factor in those that seem to have just about the same amount of sense as rock salt. In the likes of dementia, in coherent speeches,  lack of cognitive ability, Alzheimer's, possibly a bit Mental Disorders, or bipolar, coronary heart disease, stroke, diabetes, asthma, COPD, cancer, arthritis, or kidney disease just to name a few things which happen mostly with aging including dieing from covid more often with a risk being elevated with age.
The list of old crows that can not seem to remember why they are there is the issue and that is for the people that they are supposedly serving.

Offline

#942 2021-10-07 19:38:39

kbd512
Administrator
Registered: 2015-01-02
Posts: 5,112

Re: 2019 NCOV a.k.a. Wuhan's Diseases

SpaceNut,

Ah yes, that was related to my responses to GW and Louis.  President Biden is apparently the most popular President in history, so I was exploring what makes him so popular with the people who voted for him.  I guess mass media-driven perception equals reality for most people.  I never want to know about how many people would actually jump off a bridge if the TV or their cell phone or "Faceplant Friends" told them to.

Any advisor who allows the President to abandon his own people, leaving them to the mercy of terrorists / barbarians (both descriptions fit the Taliban perfectly), is most kindly described as "a goofball", but there was clearly more than one advisor involved in that debacle, thus "his merry band of goofballs".  I'm guessing that you'd have far less kind words for any President if he did that to you or your family members, and would never stop talking about it if President Trump did the exact same thing.

Age might be a factor for the people who were elected, but when the people who elected them can't explain to anyone else why the people they voted for have done things like that (abandoned thousands of American citizens to terrorists, with 8 months of notice that we're withdrawing completely and hand-delivered lists that were provided the day President Biden took office), is a much greater factor.

If President Trump had done the exact same thing, I know for a fact that all of the Democrats in the country would be shrieking "Raaaycizzuuummm!" at the top of their lungs, 24/7/365 for 4 years straight.  Yet a Democrat did do those things, who's every bit as white as President Trump (moreso since "muh Orange Man"), and none of y'all have one word to say about it.  His administration's Border Patrol service has even deported more illegals than President Trump did in 4 years in office.  That's completely baffling to someone like me.

How do you, personally, explain stuff like that, or can you?

I can't.  I have no earthly idea what the hell that insanity in Afghanistan was all about, or the nonsense on our borders, or killing all the union jobs that would have built the Keystone Pipeline so we don't burn even more oil to transport oil to the refineries, and the list goes on.

I still have no slight clue what Benghazi was all about, either.

Is it intentionally allowing our own people to be brutally murdered by barbarian hordes, just to see how they react, or if they react?

It's stuff like that that keeps me up at night, because I can't follow that type of thought pattern at all, same as I can't follow the thought patterns of GW (anything's justified, no matter how capricious or off-base, because Trump, that's why) or Louis (vaccines are baaaaad, because "Big Pharma", that's why, but drugs from "Big Pharma" are gooood, because, well, I don't know "why because").  Neither can actually explain it to me in terms that someone without said thought pattern can truly understand.  To me, it's like some random thought passed through someone's head, then they went out and tried to do whatever they randomly thought about, totally oblivious to any consequences.

Is it all some kind of wonky psychological experiment, like trying to convince boys that they're really girls or vice versa, or that a baby is not a human life until the child passes between the mother's legs, whereupon "magic" happens, or that all white people secretly hate black people and vice versa?

My new personal favorite is, "We're going to spend 5 trillion dollars, and the cost to the American tax payer will be zero."  Umm...  What?

If that's not dividing people for evil purposes, in order to take advantage of them, then what the hell is that?

It's Jim Crack Dandy if our side does it, but the worst thing in the world when the other side does it?  Is that the logic?

Offline

#943 2021-10-08 20:05:27

SpaceNut
Administrator
From: New Hampshire
Registered: 2004-07-22
Posts: 24,368

Re: 2019 NCOV a.k.a. Wuhan's Diseases

Word has come down through the chain of command that all employees will get a vaccine shot of there choice or lose employment if not completed by thanks giving.
As far as boosters go I am not in the age pool but close to it and have not the risk levels which warrant it just yet.

Offline

#944 2021-10-09 01:13:33

kbd512
Administrator
Registered: 2015-01-02
Posts: 5,112

Re: 2019 NCOV a.k.a. Wuhan's Diseases

SpaceNut,

If you work for Uncle Sam, then you follow his rules, whether you agree with his rules or not.  It's always been that way.

Offline

#945 2021-10-09 12:54:00

SpaceNut
Administrator
From: New Hampshire
Registered: 2004-07-22
Posts: 24,368

Re: 2019 NCOV a.k.a. Wuhan's Diseases

Ya the civilians that work  for the government are not getting it for sure.

Here is the other shoe for the non government employed in that Laid off for refusing a vaccination mandate: Can you still collect unemployment?

Unemployment insurance, or UI, is a state-federal program designed to provide temporary income support for individuals who lose their job through no fault of their own. UI benefits are overseen by the federal government but each state administers its own unemployment program and sets requirements for eligibility.

Of course the issue is your choice that you are not remaining employed and that is why they will not pay benefits as you are the one that has the choice as the employee.

Offline

#946 2021-10-09 20:53:06

kbd512
Administrator
Registered: 2015-01-02
Posts: 5,112

Re: 2019 NCOV a.k.a. Wuhan's Diseases

SpaceNut,

Your President, or whomever is actually in charge, is doing a bang-up job of tanking our economy, but at least the people who were already choosing to work rather than stick their thumbs up their butts while collecting public money, won't be collecting unemployment, unlike the freeloaders that your favorite political party continues to support.  Speaking of freeloaders, Biden must be really popular with the unions by now.

Hey, you know what else happens when people are unemployed?  They don't pay income taxes.

Are the Democrats preparing to lose the House again in 2022 and the Presidency in 2024?

They seem to be working overtime towards achieving that goal.

The good news is that Democrat-run states will have about half as many health care workers as Republican-run states, so you can wait in line for weeks to months to see a doctor or a nurse.  Good luck getting your government-run health care after your political party's policies cause a mass exodus from the health care system.

Tell you what, though, if the Democrats are really insistent on their forced unemployment silliness, all those black people they leave destitute will start voting for Republicans in record numbers.  I'm counting on the Democrats' behavior living up to their mascot, and they haven't disappointed me thus far.

What's it like voting for people who decimate the economy, try to use everyone else's money to pay for their "creative destruction", drive off half of the health care workers in blue states, double to triple the price of food / water / fuel / housing / health care, teaching racism in schools and arresting people who protest schools teaching racism, force you to get a vaccine whether you've already had COVID or not, and then have the gall to tell you that they're "protecting you" by firing you?

If nobody is working, have you thought about where your food or health care will be coming from?  I'm guessing that you haven't.

What if farmers or stores refused to sell food to people who have been vaccinated?  That would work out rather well for you and I.

Offline

#947 2021-10-09 21:50:16

SpaceNut
Administrator
From: New Hampshire
Registered: 2004-07-22
Posts: 24,368

Re: 2019 NCOV a.k.a. Wuhan's Diseases

I guess that a lot of people will be changing states then...
I guess not...
Whopping ZERO Percent Say They’re Willing to Lose Job Instead of Getting Vaccinated in New Poll

Offline

#948 2021-10-09 22:49:00

kbd512
Administrator
Registered: 2015-01-02
Posts: 5,112

Re: 2019 NCOV a.k.a. Wuhan's Diseases

SpaceNut,

Did they poll all those health care workers they're firing in New York City?

Whenever you poll Democrat media organizations, you get Democrat media organization answers.

You really haven't figured that out, have you?

Edit:

New York's largest healthcare provider fires 1,400 unvaccinated workers

Edit #2:

Patients left in lurch as NY’s home-care workers face vaccine deadline - As many as 50,000 unvaccinated home health aides in New York could lose their jobs, Artie Schwabe, CEO and co-founder of Premier Home Health Care, told The Post.

Edit #3:

Study Shows That 44% Of Employees Would Quit If Ordered To Get Vaccinated

If 24% of our workers quit, never mind 44%, we no longer have a country.

Last edited by kbd512 (2021-10-09 23:20:16)

Offline

#949 2021-10-10 12:52:14

SpaceNut
Administrator
From: New Hampshire
Registered: 2004-07-22
Posts: 24,368

Re: 2019 NCOV a.k.a. Wuhan's Diseases

Actually a states vote in the last election has little to do with whom is anti vax or mask as I have found first hand at work of which its die hard republican that are against both. They since must do so and have started getting them whether reluctantly as directed by command. Of course I am sure that there is some which did vote democrat in the mix of them that have been hold outs as well.

For those that have served the fact that we are at this cross road is not good as Hundreds of thousands of U.S. troops have not yet complied with vaccine mandate as deadlines near


For the businesses its about the bottom line in which they do not want to pay for the insurance charges for those that have gotten hit hard with covid-19. And for those that are not hospitalized its the sick pay of 10 days that they are required to pay. So to eliminate these they are forcing their employees to become vaccinated.

Offline

#950 2021-10-10 15:28:00

kbd512
Administrator
Registered: 2015-01-02
Posts: 5,112

Re: 2019 NCOV a.k.a. Wuhan's Diseases

This is coming from Jimmy Dore, a socialist, and someone who is definitely not a supporter of President Trump (because that one bit of otherwise useless information to someone like me, matters more than anything else in this world to certain people who have been ideologically-disabled by Trump Derangement Syndrome):

Fauci Contradicts Himself Non-Stop Over Covid Advice

If you can't see the silliness of it all, then it's probably due to a debilitating case of COVID paranoia and fear.

I've never seen someone purported to be a scientist, directly contradict himself or herself, so many different times, on the exact same subject matter, sometimes within the same answer given to a reporter or member of Congress.  Some of the commenters from the peanut gallery accused Jimmy Dore of being a fascist spreading disinformation, others accused him of being a socialist spreading disinformation.  While he is a socialist by his own free statement of belief about what his opinions / ideology represents, I've yet to see him misrepresent anything anyone else has said.  Sometimes he'll mock or deride it, as he's done here, yet at the end of the day he's pleaded with both other civilians, journalists, commentators, politicians, and scientists to think about how what they're doing affects other people.

If Jimmy has misrepresented what Dr Fauci has said about wearing masks, then someone needs to explain to everyone else, specifically, what he's said or done that is a misrepresentation of anything that Dr Fauci has actually stated on television or when giving testimony before Congress.

While you're busy "following the science", what is it that you're following?  Is it someone leading you around in circles?

Don't question authority, follow the endless series of twists and turns of authorities directly contradicting themselves.

Why do you even need science to lead you in a circle?

I could have stated all the nonsense that Dr. Fauci has stated, without any degree in medicine:

Don't wear a mask, wear a mask, don't wear a mask if you've been vaccinated, wear two masks, wear one mask.  I could use my magic 8-ball to provide answers like that.

"You Must Not 'Do Your Own Research' When It Comes To Science" - Forbes

Yeah, we wouldn't want people to interpret information themselves when we're trying to get all of them to blindly follow our party's political ideology into oblivion.

"Don't Go Down the Rabbit Hole - Critical thinking, as we're taught to do it, isn’t helping in the fight against misinformation" - The New York Times

Thinking for yourself isn't helping to combat the spread of misinformation.  Listen to "the authorities".  Authorities on what?  Certainly not science or critical thinking.  We can't seem to find any of those people to put on television.  If we do find people who are logically consistent and not completely hyperbolic in their responses to people they don't like, then we make sure those people are never allowed anywhere near the people we're supposed to trust with our lives.

"It's Time to Give Up on Facts - Or at least to lay temporarily them down in favor of a more useful weapon: emotions." - Slate Magazine

Those are the nitwits the Democrat Party puts up on a pedestal.  It's not hard to figure out why, though.  They want blind obedience, much like the real nazis and communists.  You'd have to be one of the most unthinking people on the planet to blindly follow their special brand of theatrical nonsense, day-in and day-out.  It must be totally exhausting chasing your tail around in circles, but maybe you get better at it, with a lifetime of practice.

That's why I can't be a Democrat, nor much of a Republican, either, apparently.  I can't sit there and listen to someone lie to my face and then somehow rationalize it as being "for my own good" or "for the good of the country" or "protecting other people from themselves".

Maybe Democrats enjoy Kabuki Theater more than most Republicans?

I've spent several years living in Japan, and even went to see a real Kabuki play.  It was interesting to see how over-dramatized the play was, much like the various Broadway musicals I saw as a child, but once was enough, because it was so over-the-top, even compared to a Broadway musical, that it simply wasn't as entertaining as it could have been.  Kabuki is supposed to be for entertainment purposes only.  Journalism is supposed to be about questioning people purported to be experts or those granted authority to make decisions on our behalf, to better inform the general public.  The moment those organizations were bought out by tech or pharmaceutical companies or political activists, they became tools for disseminating agenda-driven propaganda.

Unfortunately for everyone, there is no more journalism.  There is only agenda-driven propaganda catering to an audience who generally agrees with the opinions being disseminated.  It's all as fake as a 3 dollar bill, and if you can't see it, then it's because you're part of "the tribe" that is being catered to.

I don't disseminate my own opinions with the expectation of anyone else agreeing with me.  I much prefer that everyone else challenge every opinion I hold, make logical and well-thought-out arguments about their own opinions, and do their best to shatter any notions that my opinions are correct or even useful.  That is how all useful knowledge begins.  It doesn't start with a smug assertion that an opinion or belief is correct, by dint of fact that I thought it, and that it therefore must be true.  That's a self-reinforcing logic loop, or more likely an anti-logic loop.

I get the sense that most other people are so comfortable with their own beliefs, that they won't even contemplate, "What if I'm wrong?"  That thought never enters their minds.  Starting with that presumption is very uncomfortable for many people, and for some people, they have a psychotic break after learning that whatever they thought for most of their life, may not even be of any real utility to them.  Being wrong doesn't upset me in the slightest, because I don't go into apoplectic fits upon learning something fundamentally new, I simply readjust my thinking.

To wit, what I've learned about this subject is that there don't appear to be any "experts", merely people with opinions, some of them much better informed than others.  However, all of them can be and have been equally wrong at different times and in different ways.  Despite that, some people refuse to acknowledge what is so painfully obvious, because it interferes with their political or paranoia agenda.  Namely, anyone who tells you not to wear a mask, then to wear a mask, then to not wear a mask if you have a magic talisman (the vaccine), then to wear two masks, then back to one mask, is either:

A. Not an expert on the subject of communicable diseases, or incapable of providing clear and consistent medical advice on the same
B. A liar, even if he is knowledgeable about communicable diseases
C. Worst case, a narcissistic sociopath more concerned about whether or not he's regularly featured on TV, rather than providing sound medical advice to both politicians and the general public

I'm quite sure that Heinrich Himmler's daughter thought her Daddy was a jovial and loving father.  Towards his own child, I'm reasonably sure that he was, but he also executed plans to mass murder / genocide about 6 million Jewish people, including children.

Dr Fauci's daughter was recently on TV (I saw it on YouTube after watching an advertisement for it on YouTube) telling everyone how misunderstood her Daddy was.  Well, maybe he is, but one person can be many different things to many different people.  Dr Fauci can both love his daughter and provide truly horrid medical advice to the general public at the same time.

That is the problem with putting these "experts" up on a pedestal.  They can make mistakes, they can lie, they can deceive people to manipulate them- all "perfectly normal" human behavior, whether we label you an "expert" or a "sanitation engineer".  The only thing that gets you knocked off your pedestal these days is breaking with political party orthodoxy.  Orthodoxy is part of religion, not science, unless "the science" being followed is actually Scientology.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB