New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#776 2021-03-27 19:42:33

louis

Re: 2019 NCOV a.k.a. Wuhan's Diseases

Israel - most advanced vaccination programme in the world...

https://lockdownsceptics.org/wp-content … 8.0369.jpg

Massive rise in deaths after vaccination programme began, then they fell back but now - despite it being late spring there -  deaths are on the rise again...already outside the normal range and in the substantial increase category. Is this what a successful vaccination programme looks like?

The sudden rise in deaths following the start of vaccination programmes has been replicated in virtually all countries starting their vaccination programme. It was entirely predictable - I with no medical training predicted it because they were vaccinating very elderly and very sick people who could not cope with the energetics of the vaccine-generated immune response. So it has turned out.

Analyses for American states shows no tangible benefit from strict lockdowns and mandatory masking.

In Europe the Astrazeneca vaccine has come under critical scrutiny as numbers of young and early middle aged people suffer a rare blood clot syndrome. Most countries in the EU now seem to recognise there is a very strong  causal association with the vaccine. The UK authorities don't care about the health of their population and are in complete denial.

In the UK modelling predictions from epidemiologists have yet again proved wrong - the predicted substantial rise in cases following return of children to schools has not materialised. Epidemiologists are always more wrong than right - doesn't much for either them or their discipline.

Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

#777 2021-03-27 19:45:11

louis

Glad to hear your brother is improving. US treatment regimes seem a lot better than in the UK.

Had he been vaccinated? A friend of mine got Covid within a couple of weeks of being vaccinated.

Doctors in the UK don't tell vaccine recipients here but the vaccine suppresses the immune system for around 7 days so people are particularly vulnerable to catching Covid or other infections during that period.

SpaceNut wrote:

Good to hear Void.

Had found out second Friday back that brother was sick with covid and that by Wednesday he was admitted to the ICU for continued worsening symptom. They have thrown the kitchen sink at it and it would seem that he has lessening symptoms and was feeling a bit better.

#778 2021-03-27 20:13:45

Void

Interesting Louis.  Perhaps the Americans have more Neanderthal than the Brits?  My understanding is that the UK is a bit ahead of the USA on vaccinations.  But we are coming along now it seems.

Peter Zeihan thinks that by May 1 or June 1, the USA will be in pretty good shape per the shots.  After that the USA is to help Canada and Mexico, if they need it.  So then North America will be in good shape relative to the rest of the world, except perhaps places like the UK.

It is important that North America get back on it's economic feet, as other exporting countries need the markets to sell their products to.

-----

Well Spacenut, I am glad that the treatments are much better for your brother now than they would have been a year ago.

In my case at worst, I had to lay on the couch all day except for getting a drink of water or the bathroom.  Each time I got up I got very out of breath.  But that was just two days.  After that I ventured on walks up a hill.  The first walk I had to stop to catch my breath perhaps 5 times and then did not finish the walk.  But by about the fourth day after that I could do the walk, but had heavy breathing.  My breathing now, I think is close to normal.

I am not positive, but I think my vac. has inflamed me again.  Had to take a couple of aspirins for forehead pain.  Normally I don't ever get that.  My sinuses seem to be acting up also.  Also old injuries or minor arthritis locations are acting up a bit.  Maybe its in my head.  Still I consider it to be worth it.

Last edited by Void (2021-03-27 20:20:23)

Done.

#779 2021-03-27 21:30:43

Void

------
Peter Zeihan, Corvid-19
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=pe … M%3DHDRSC3
I have not become immune to Peter Zeihan yet.
Well, this stuff gets outdated so fast now.  I believe that the Brazilian variant may not be as dangerous to vaccinated people as was first thought.
Anyway, if we are going to have 10,000 times the Earths population around Ceres, and???
10,000 times the Earths population around and on Mars.  Being able to deal with pandemics is going to be a major skill required.  So, we can be thankful for our nasty teacher Corvid-19.
10,000 times the people means 10,000 Elon Musks perhaps, if you like that sort of thing.....
But it would be a major incubator for microbes that like to eat people.
Done.

Last edited by Void (2021-03-27 21:31:19)

Done.

#780 2021-03-28 17:16:09

SpaceNut
Administrator

Brother has received the Remdesivir so far and is getting oxygen during the night but data are dropping before night fall.

#781 2021-03-28 19:51:41

tahanson43206

For SpaceNut re #780 .... I sure hope your brother pulls through this!

(th)

#782 2021-03-29 19:52:41

SpaceNut
Administrator

We are already seeing the prick in cases as states relax....
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics … d=BingNews

#783 2021-03-30 17:58:53

Void

Just thought I would let you know my experience with my first shot.

Fair amount of discomfort for a few days.  Pain in the arms particularly at night.  1st night a fair amount of coughing, lack of sleep.

Better the next days.

I had Corvid-19 in late fall, and I hear opinions that in that case a first shot can both clear up "Long Corvid", but the body can go a bit nuts about seeing the evidence of virus again.  However my situation is said to provide a very good immunization situation.  I hope so.

I do suggest that people take their vaccination shots, even though they might feel like they have a mild flu for a few days.  My elder neighbor lady said she had no problems with hers.  Well women have better immune systems, and she likely never had Corvid-19 before.

So, it could go very good for many people.

I do agree that we should be troopers for awhile with Masks and Social Distancing, although in certain cases I would think some loosing up could be tried.

However, if it seems that this is becoming a fetish for the federal government to hope to keep an unwarranted grasp on the population, later on I might join the crowds that complain.  We have a system of distributed powers.  It should not by any means be a Roman Empire working out of Washington DC.  That would put everything out of balance and cause social disorders.  The Asian and Northern European influences would be in subjugation to other more dominant groups which more cluster near Washington DC.  Seeing the current East Coast ethnosystem as American Normal would be a humungous mistake which is being tried but will fail.  Being reasonable about reality and how things work long term, will make this country more happy and stronger.  Benefits to all.

And by the way Native American fits into the Asia-Northern European group.  Certain things that most people have silly notions of, and do stupid things about.

And bye the bye, Mexicans and lots of people in the America's are quite a lot Native American.  For Mexico, I believe it is 3/5ths or was when I was younger, so Latino and Chicano.  My opinion is they should feel insulted.  The next time wave is Asian and Northern European.  They should do very well.

smile

Done.

Last edited by Void (2021-03-30 18:12:44)

Done.

#784 2021-03-30 19:05:36

SpaceNut
Administrator

Good to hear you are doing ok.

Brother has gotten a bit further down the conditions that continue with reach day of fighting it. His o2 sats continued down during the day and is now with a cpap to bring it back up and stable.
https://comprehensivesleepcare.com/2020 … -covid-19/
Its a waiting game at this point.

#785 2021-03-31 18:02:55

SpaceNut
Administrator

This goes back to the possible claim that the vaccine gave me covid when in actuality you were ignoring the symptoms just to get the shot as a plausible means for the claim.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica … li=BBnb7Kz

#786 2021-04-03 11:43:09

SpaceNut
Administrator

Brother condition seems to be improving in that he gave a text to mom for birthday wishes...

#787 2021-04-03 17:59:54

louis

You do know that the holes in a mask are many, many times larger in diameter than a virus particle? Or perhaps you don't. The MSM certainly don't want you to dwell on that fact.

There is no scientific evidence at all that masks protect the wearer or others in the real world (where people are forever fingering their masks and then touching things or other people). If masks protected, then Japan would never experience flu epidemics at the same level we do, but they do.

The best you'll find in terms of evidence for benefits of mask-wearing is highly artificial experimental set-ups that bear no relation to the real world.

Void wrote:

Just thought I would let you know my experience with my first shot.

Fair amount of discomfort for a few days.  Pain in the arms particularly at night.  1st night a fair amount of coughing, lack of sleep.

Better the next days.

I had Corvid-19 in late fall, and I hear opinions that in that case a first shot can both clear up "Long Corvid", but the body can go a bit nuts about seeing the evidence of virus again.  However my situation is said to provide a very good immunization situation.  I hope so.

I do suggest that people take their vaccination shots, even though they might feel like they have a mild flu for a few days.  My elder neighbor lady said she had no problems with hers.  Well women have better immune systems, and she likely never had Corvid-19 before.

So, it could go very good for many people.

I do agree that we should be troopers for awhile with Masks and Social Distancing, although in certain cases I would think some loosing up could be tried.

However, if it seems that this is becoming a fetish for the federal government to hope to keep an unwarranted grasp on the population, later on I might join the crowds that complain.  We have a system of distributed powers.  It should not by any means be a Roman Empire working out of Washington DC.  That would put everything out of balance and cause social disorders.  The Asian and Northern European influences would be in subjugation to other more dominant groups which more cluster near Washington DC.  Seeing the current East Coast ethnosystem as American Normal would be a humungous mistake which is being tried but will fail.  Being reasonable about reality and how things work long term, will make this country more happy and stronger.  Benefits to all.

And by the way Native American fits into the Asia-Northern European group.  Certain things that most people have silly notions of, and do stupid things about.

And bye the bye, Mexicans and lots of people in the America's are quite a lot Native American.  For Mexico, I believe it is 3/5ths or was when I was younger, so Latino and Chicano.  My opinion is they should feel insulted.  The next time wave is Asian and Northern European.  They should do very well.

smile

Done.

#788 2021-04-03 18:17:36

louis

I can tell you for a fact that a close friend of mine got Covid 19 a couple of weeks after receiving the vaccine.

You need to do some research.

The vaccine compromises your immune response for a week or more. This makes you vulnerable to Covid and other infections.

SpaceNut wrote:

This goes back to the possible claim that the vaccine gave me covid when in actuality you were ignoring the symptoms just to get the shot as a plausible means for the claim.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica … li=BBnb7Kz

#789 2021-04-03 19:01:01

SpaceNut
Administrator

After vaccination it takes time for your body to develop full immunity to the virus, so it is still possible to get infected with COVID in the days before or after your vaccination. This does not mean the vaccine did not work; rather, it means that your immune system did not have enough time to build full immunity from the vaccine before coming into contact with the virus.

No test before no confirmation that the shot did any thing. And it may be a false positive after receiving the shot for a period of time since we are trying to simulate an infection of covid in the first place to have the body react to make the antibodies.

https://ca.style.yahoo.com/happens-body … 24929.html

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/conver … -work.html

Sometimes, after getting a vaccine, the imitation infection can cause minor symptoms, such as fever. Such minor symptoms are normal and should be expected as the body builds immunity. Once the imitation infection goes away, the body is left with a supply of “memory” T-lymphocytes, as well as B-lymphocytes that will remember how to fight that disease in the future.

#790 2021-04-03 19:38:45

louis

As I said, you need to do some research.

The vaccine is NOT 100% effective. Even the manufacturers don't claim it is and - by the way - they define "effective" as having milder symptoms of the disease than would otherwise be the case.

The vaccines do NOT offer full immunity and if you think they do that just shows you haven't done any research.

Your vaxomania seems to have affected your ability to think logically.

SpaceNut wrote:

After vaccination it takes time for your body to develop full immunity to the virus, so it is still possible to get infected with COVID in the days before or after your vaccination. This does not mean the vaccine did not work; rather, it means that your immune system did not have enough time to build full immunity from the vaccine before coming into contact with the virus.

No test before no confirmation that the shot did any thing. And it may be a false positive after receiving the shot for a period of time since we are trying to simulate an infection of covid in the first place to have the body react to make the antibodies.

https://ca.style.yahoo.com/happens-body … 24929.html

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/conver … -work.html

Sometimes, after getting a vaccine, the imitation infection can cause minor symptoms, such as fever. Such minor symptoms are normal and should be expected as the body builds immunity. Once the imitation infection goes away, the body is left with a supply of “memory” T-lymphocytes, as well as B-lymphocytes that will remember how to fight that disease in the future.

#791 2021-04-03 20:04:47

SpaceNut
Administrator

Calling all vaccines the same is a joke and here is the list of them to which they are all made by different companies.
There are at least 12 vaccines on the market already in application or in the last phases of their clinical trials, waiting to be endorsed by the health authorities of the United States, the European Union or that of each country for emergency use.

1612372473-vacunas1.jpg?width=700&crop=2:1

It also gives the locations in the world which are using them specifically.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_C … orizations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_vaccine

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/364685

#792 2021-04-05 19:42:58

SpaceNut
Administrator

The Johnson & Johnson production issue was due to mixing the wrong ingredients' from the other vaccine that it was also making in the same plant.
Brother is doing a bit better in that he wants to eat and is getting his sense of taste back....

#793 2021-04-07 18:57:33

SpaceNut
Administrator

We are now getting into the thick of  get from taking any of the vaccines and its looking like it will be a yearly thing as the number of variants continue to grow that these first vaccines may or may not  work on.
This Is How Long the Moderna Vaccine Really Protects You, New Study Says

The Moderna vaccine protects you for at least six months.
Pfizer made a similar announcement last week.

Moderna said they are working on a booster dose to address variants.

The existing Moderna vaccine should work against most variants.

Thats not very good as there are many more with no data to tell how long and we know that some do not raise to the same levels of effectiveness either....

Brothers condition seems to be steadily improving as they have removed the c-pap device and gone back to another delivery system for some oxygen and his appetite is getting better but still tired by night fall.

#794 2021-04-07 19:24:02

tahanson43206

For SpaceNut re #793

Thanks for good news of your Brother's progress!  Best wishes for more good news over time.

(th)

#795 2021-04-09 18:15:03

SpaceNut
Administrator

Brother gets to come home tomorrow but with oxygen and staying isolated still while he gets stronger and back to a more normal level of health.

The anti-vaxers are hitting the media pages with lots of false claims of getting very ill to its change our DNA after getting a shot....

#796 2021-04-11 17:55:04

SpaceNut
Administrator

What is mRNA? The messenger molecule that's been in every living cell for billions of years is the key ingredient in some COVID-19 vaccines

The structure of RNA is similar to DNA but has some important differences. RNA is a single strand of code letters (nucleotides), while DNA is double-stranded. The RNA code contains a U instead of a T – uracil instead of thymine. Both RNA and DNA structures have a backbone made of sugar and phosphate molecules, but RNA’s sugar is ribose and DNA’s is deoxyribose. DNA’s sugar contains one less oxygen atom and this difference is reflected in their names: DNA is the nickname for deoxyribonucleic acid, RNA is ribonucleic acid.

BB1ftAY3.img?h=422&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

So no we are not becoming an alien....

`
Brother did not come home and was being watched as there were 4 spots of pneumonia in the lungs but looks like they are still getting him out on Monday if things are still good.

My oldest son reports that an employee has turned up positive that he was trace notified of close contact with. He is a bit worried as to be understandable but he was wearing his mask and so long as the contact was not there it should be ok after isolating for the recommended 10 days from others.

#797 2021-04-11 19:23:33

SpaceNut
Administrator

The variants are proving to be tough against the first layer of vaccines.
Covid variant from South Africa was able to ‘break through’ Pfizer vaccine in Israeli study

As variants spread, drugmakers said they are testing whether a third dose would offer more protection.

In February, Pfizer and BioNTech said they were testing a third dose of their Covid-19 vaccine to better understand the immune response against new variants of the virus.

Thats not good for getting a booster then this fall.

The promise of this vaccines mechanism to get into the patient was also thought to have value in We could soon have vaccines for cancer and HIV thanks to COVID-19 vaccine discovery: report

Needs more research since it does not hold up to the new variants...

#798 2021-04-12 09:47:13

Calliban

louis wrote:

Massive rise in deaths after vaccination programme began, then they fell back but now - despite it being late spring there -  deaths are on the rise again...already outside the normal range and in the substantial increase category. Is this what a successful vaccination programme looks like?

The sudden rise in deaths following the start of vaccination programmes has been replicated in virtually all countries starting their vaccination programme. It was entirely predictable - I with no medical training predicted it because they were vaccinating very elderly and very sick people who could not cope with the energetics of the vaccine-generated immune response. So it has turned out.

Analyses for American states shows no tangible benefit from strict lockdowns and mandatory masking.

In Europe the Astrazeneca vaccine has come under critical scrutiny as numbers of young and early middle aged people suffer a rare blood clot syndrome. Most countries in the EU now seem to recognise there is a very strong  causal association with the vaccine. The UK authorities don't care about the health of their population and are in complete denial.

In the UK modelling predictions from epidemiologists have yet again proved wrong - the predicted substantial rise in cases following return of children to schools has not materialised. Epidemiologists are always more wrong than right - doesn't much for either them or their discipline.

OMG.  Louis said something I agree with! :-)

When this crisis first started, it's potential impact was unknown.  All we really had were leaked reports from China, which appeared to show thousands of corpses being wheeled away in the streets and people literally welded into their homes.  And there was the possibility that the virus was a half-finished bioweapon that had leaked from a Chinese lab.  In fact, that much is probably true.  An epidemiologist at a really posh London institution, produced a report that showed the disease could potentially wipe out 600,000 people in the UK.  Basically eliminating a whole generation of elderly and vulnerable.  People were terrified.  The scepticism of more level headed individuals didn't matter.  The government signed into law some of the toughest disease control measures in history, because they had to be seen to be doing something.  Had they not, every COVID death would have been used as a hammer to clout them with.  A few visionaries like Ivor Cummins, took a more cautionary and ultimately more realistic view.  But they were ignored by authorities, as taking a more realistic view would have been framed by the media as not taking the disease seriously.

Fast forward 1 year and we can see that the crisis was overblown and that lockdown and mask policies did little to help.  Sweden has been a constant embarrassment to countries that rushed into mass restrictions in a vain attempt to control what was essentially a winter flu bug.  But pharmaceutical companies have poured billions into making vaccines and want to recoup their money.  They have fingers in the UK government and are an enormously powerful lobby group.  To tell the public the truth now would be to admit that their vaccine were not needed.  So we all have to go through this ridiculous charade, receiving vaccines that we don't need and the push up risk of mortality.  Admitting the truth to the public now would be political suicide for the government.  No one would be happy to hear that they had been through a year of house arrest for no reason at all.  Explaining that the risks were unknown at the time, wouldn't help the government now.  And the pharmaceutical industry would never forget their treachery.  So we are where we are.  We all have to take our poison and pretend that the emperor is wearing clothes.

Last edited by Calliban (2021-04-12 09:48:24)

"Plan and prepare for every possibility, and you will never act. It is nobler to have courage as we stumble into half the things we fear than to analyse every possible obstacle and begin nothing. Great things are achieved by embracing great dangers."

#799 2021-04-12 13:36:37

louis

Well nice to agree for a change! Only thing I would say is that people like Ivor Cummins and Dr Mike Yeadon have not just been "ignored" by the authorities they have been censored, cruelly and effectively.

Calliban wrote:
louis wrote:

OMG.  Louis said something I agree with! :-)

When this crisis first started, it's potential impact was unknown.  All we really had were leaked reports from China, which appeared to show thousands of corpses being wheeled away in the streets and people literally welded into their homes.  And there was the possibility that the virus was a half-finished bioweapon that had leaked from a Chinese lab.  In fact, that much is probably true.  An epidemiologist at a really posh London institution, produced a report that showed the disease could potentially wipe out 600,000 people in the UK.  Basically eliminating a whole generation of elderly and vulnerable.  People were terrified.  The scepticism of more level headed individuals didn't matter.  The government signed into law some of the toughest disease control measures in history, because they had to be seen to be doing something.  Had they not, every COVID death would have been used as a hammer to clout them with.  A few visionaries like Ivor Cummins, took a more cautionary and ultimately more realistic view.  But they were ignored by authorities, as taking a more realistic view would have been framed by the media as not taking the disease seriously.

Fast forward 1 year and we can see that the crisis was overblown and that lockdown and mask policies did little to help.  Sweden has been a constant embarrassment to countries that rushed into mass restrictions in a vain attempt to control what was essentially a winter flu bug.  But pharmaceutical companies have poured billions into making vaccines and want to recoup their money.  They have fingers in the UK government and are an enormously powerful lobby group.  To tell the public the truth now would be to admit that their vaccine were not needed.  So we all have to go through this ridiculous charade, receiving vaccines that we don't need and the push up risk of mortality.  Admitting the truth to the public now would be political suicide for the government.  No one would be happy to hear that they had been through a year of house arrest for no reason at all.  Explaining that the risks were unknown at the time, wouldn't help the government now.  And the pharmaceutical industry would never forget their treachery.  So we are where we are.  We all have to take our poison and pretend that the emperor is wearing clothes.

#800 2021-04-12 13:41:43

louis

We are told that alcohol can cause our DNA to mutate but are supposed to believe that inducing a major immune response from our bodies will not cause any mutations. It's a total fairy story. Of course your DNA changes in response to the experience.

Viruses cause genetic mutations so I find it hard to believe vaccines that mimic viruses don't...

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3083244/

SpaceNut wrote:

What is mRNA? The messenger molecule that's been in every living cell for billions of years is the key ingredient in some COVID-19 vaccines

The structure of RNA is similar to DNA but has some important differences. RNA is a single strand of code letters (nucleotides), while DNA is double-stranded. The RNA code contains a U instead of a T – uracil instead of thymine. Both RNA and DNA structures have a backbone made of sugar and phosphate molecules, but RNA’s sugar is ribose and DNA’s is deoxyribose. DNA’s sugar contains one less oxygen atom and this difference is reflected in their names: DNA is the nickname for deoxyribonucleic acid, RNA is ribonucleic acid.

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/ten … 60&o=f&l=f

So no we are not becoming an alien....

`
Brother did not come home and was being watched as there were 4 spots of pneumonia in the lungs but looks like they are still getting him out on Monday if things are still good.

My oldest son reports that an employee has turned up positive that he was trace notified of close contact with. He is a bit worried as to be understandable but he was wearing his mask and so long as the contact was not there it should be ok after isolating for the recommended 10 days from others.

Last edited by louis (2021-04-12 13:42:09)

Board footer