New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#26 2019-10-04 18:11:14

louis

Re: Language Preservation

"My expectation is that EVERY person who speaks a particular language considers that language to be superior to all others, and furthermore, that they are motivated to preserve it. "

What an absurd statement! Yes we all have an emotional attachment to our mother tongue but there are plenty of rational people on this planet who can see that languages other than their own are superior in this sense: they enable many more activities (like advanced technology and science) and have many more  ways of expressing complex ideas. Basically the English language is superior to all other languages on Planet Earth. It covers virtually all human activity and it is the epicentre of all new word/concept creation. Other languages like  French, German, Spanish, Chinese and Hindi only "keep up" with English by borrowing wholesale from English or formally converting English words into new words in their own language. 

tahanson43206 wrote:

For IanM re #23

Thank you for picking up on the intention of this topic ... It was initiated when I read a report of amazing (very hard) work done by volunteers to create a written representation of a language spoken by several million people. 

I did not expect the response that occurred initially, but accept that the topic of language is a sensitive one for some folks. 

My expectation is that EVERY person who speaks a particular language considers that language to be superior to all others, and furthermore, that they are motivated to preserve it.  My intention in starting this topic was to facilitate a discussion of how language preservation may best be accomplished in a backup site such as Mars promises to be.

It seems to me that IF (a BIG if) the United States is the lead nation in settlement of Mars, then English would have a good chance of being known to a useful degree by everyone who travels there, but (in my opinion) EVERY language whose adherents travel to Mars deserves an opportunity to be remembered and spoken at home or school or (other institution) without objection by any other human being.

As it happens, a full scale My Hacienda community on Earth would be a good proving ground for the UN concept you've outlined.

Google Translate is already able to perform what seem to me to be astonishing feats of near-instantaneous translation of text, and (I'll bet) translation from live speech is coming along.

Thanks again!
(th)

Last edited by louis (2019-10-05 06:37:23)

Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

#27 2019-10-05 06:32:59

tahanson43206

For SpaceNut and other Moderators ...

The following edit was added to the header post for this topic:

Edit: 2019/10/05 The intention of this topic is to develop strategies to help Earth citizens to preserve and perhaps even expand their native languages in a backup civilization on Mars.  The discussion triggered responses by online personalities who chose to express themselves in ways that I perceive to be small-minded, parochial, mean spirited and self defeating.  Those responses DO NOT represent this topic in any way, shape or form.

For those who will be drawn to this topic in the future, I invite you to overlook the messages which do not meet the requirements for this topic, and instead make helpful contributions of your own to advance the project.

Ultimately, I want to see every language that still exists on Earth today reflected in a thriving community on Mars and other backup locations.

The crimes committed against speakers of some languages on Earth in past centuries are enormous and (most probably) beyond reckoning.

Such crimes are STILL in progress on Earth in 2019, despite a slowly growing understanding of the harm being done.

In particular, some Native American tribes are trying to bring their native languages back to life, after 200 years of extinction attempts by members of a particular ethnic/language group. 

I invite speakers of languages who wish to preserve them to help move this topic along.

(th)

#28 2019-10-05 06:41:37

louis

My grandmother used to be beaten for speaking Welsh in school, so I know all about language oppression.

But what possible purpose is there in preserving all existing languages on Mars? I can't think of one. You might as well as say all arts and crafts from all around Earth must be continued on Mars. It's just as logical, or rather illogical/sentimental.

I am strongly of the view that the Mars community should be creating a new society on Mars, one that has no place for war and conflict and that creates an essentially unified and advanced human culture. Importing every single language from Earth is not the way to go about doing that in my view.

tahanson43206 wrote:

For SpaceNut and other Moderators ...

The following edit was added to the header post for this topic:

Edit: 2019/10/05 The intention of this topic is to develop strategies to help Earth citizens to preserve and perhaps even expand their native languages in a backup civilization on Mars.  The discussion triggered responses by online personalities who chose to express themselves in ways that I perceive to be small-minded, parochial, mean spirited and self defeating.  Those responses DO NOT represent this topic in any way, shape or form.

For those who will be drawn to this topic in the future, I invite you to overlook the messages which do not meet the requirements for this topic, and instead make helpful contributions of your own to advance the project.

Ultimately, I want to see every language that still exists on Earth today reflected in a thriving community on Mars and other backup locations.

The crimes committed against speakers of some languages on Earth in past centuries are enormous and (most probably) beyond reckoning.

Such crimes are STILL in progress on Earth in 2019, despite a slowly growing understanding of the harm being done.

In particular, some Native American tribes are trying to bring their native languages back to life, after 200 years of extinction attempts by members of a particular ethnic/language group. 

I invite speakers of languages who wish to preserve them to help move this topic along.

(th)

Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

#29 2019-10-05 09:06:53

SpaceNut
Administrator

Not to get the topic off track but that came in ww2 when code talkers were used as the indian language  was not very known over the world and was used to transmit messages so the enemy would not know what was happening.
I would hope that when we go to mars its for another reason as its about book marking history for the future.

#30 2021-09-10 07:50:32

Mars_B4_Moon

Each year there are many papers published on lingusitics,  about where langauge and Culture might go, ideas published about Future in Thought, how Verbs and syntax and grammar might 'evole' or de-evolve for want of a batter term ideas about where the world will go and 'Future Language

Maybe the machines will help save this dying part of humanity

AI language  Robot Software models with algorithms fluent in German, Italian, Spanish, and English?

https://www.wired.com/story/ai-write-en … languages/

The AI can write!!

Endangered languages? There are lots of endangered Native indigenous languages going extict, I personally would have no reason to send multi lingual speakers to Mars, I feel it would become a distraction out of one of the many other important things to do to keep a colony running. Do languages go extinct, yes, is it a bad thing, yes it is.
A 2018 study projected that the percentage of Quebecers who speak French at home will drop from 82 per cent in 2011 to about 75 per cent in 2036.

Terraformer wrote:

If the Chinese are the first to reach Mars, then according to Louis, it should become a Han colony, and the language will be Chinese. The Chinese living there will gain the right, by being the first, to exclude everyone else from the entire planet.

Mars might have a new Blade Runner type language, a mongrel mix of other languages. As for right now the only tow nations to have functional craft operate on Mars are the United States and China.

As of now the official language of Mars might become Chinglish some Anglo-Sino-Amerioca dialect and Singlish, in the real world these terms are sometimes used to describe mixed dialects of English & Chinese.

#31 2022-04-30 06:21:10

Mars_B4_Moon

Spanish is the official language of 20 countries. It is the world's most widely spoken language and the second-most spoken native language after Mandarin Chinese; the world's fourth-most spoken language overall, yet compared to other cultures and language it has little or no appearance in outer space.
Hindi excluding the Paksitani Urdu and islamic  Bengalis are thought to number as much as half a Billion plus or 500 Million plus and in 270 Million, Japanese although their population and economy is now stagnant have a far higher cultural and scientific impact across space.

Why Russian is spoken on the  Space Station?

https://www.rbth.com/society/2015/04/12 … 45145.html

a Single International Language in Space?
https://www.space.com/40864-internation … space.html

and Musk will be exporting the 1,400 year old islamo Arabic Theocracy to the Moon soon?

Saudi Arabia Launches Cloud Seeding Operation To Increase Rainfall
https://interestingengineering.com/saud … -operation

#32 2022-07-29 07:09:32

tahanson43206

Every so often, a member of the forum takes a position on language.

The least attractive opinion I have seen expressed in posts here, is the belief that there is only ONE language, and everyone else had better learn it or else.

In Post #31, Mars_B4_Moon has given a few of the available statistics on language use around the Earth.

My understanding is that young humans are able to learn multiple languages as easily as they learn one language, and in some parts of the Earth, learning multiple languages is considered quite normal.

In the United States, one culture that came from Europe seems determined to impose itself on everyone else.

If citizens of the United States gave their children the opportunity to learn multiple languages when very young, in a single generation we would have a population able to converse (and think) in multiple languages.

While I understand that for quite some time, the importance of the ability to speak and understand multiple languages was not understood in the United States, modern technlogy can be of assistance.

For anyone over (about) 20 (give or take, more or less) learning a new language is increasingly laborious.

(th)

#33 2022-07-29 08:54:36

Void

I might say that while knowing more than one language seems to fortify the mind with extra plasticity, which can be interpreted as mental skills, the Metric System to a degree is the same kind of arrogance.  I used to work in Metrology, and so do know the Metric System to some degree, but it is not my native view.  But I suspect that my mind is more plastic because a partially understand both systems.

I was told at one time that at one point in American history it was possible that German might have become the major language.  Historically the Germans have some relationship to the Romans, they are even part Roman.

While there have been forced conversion methods to English, in fact the language being a hybrid, it can to some degree relate to Germanic languages and thinking, but also in part relate to Latin(ish), types of languages and thinking.

Another person once told me on the internet that Americans of English Heritage are more Germanic in genes, than the British.

Even now, we, the Americans are sandwiched between Latins, and Northerns.  Northerns being not just Germanic but also Slavic.  The Swedes used to get into those areas as well in the Viking era.

And then the China and the like, even more "Northern", even the Melanesians, and the Africans, even more Southern.

So, genetically and culturally, it is likely that people carry some sets of probable behaviors that seem normal to them.  As it happens English, has been formed in the collision of the North and South.  So, it has a diverse set of tools to attempt to join with either but does not prefer to be dominated by them if possible.

I recall being in favor of diversity, as I understood the notion, but then discovered that there were a lot of trouble makers out there that interpreted it to mean so called Wasps are bad and should be gotten rid of.  There really are no real Wasps here that I have noticed, but there are some who are similar.

Of course, we don't want to be conquered and abused, especially when we agreed that diversity could be a good thing.  We will run our own show thank-you.

Oh and where the (So Called) Latins bumped up against the Native Americans, (So called), example: Mexico 3/5 Native American, 2/5 Spanish or other.  Curiously you could say that they are a mix of Iberian and Siberian (50,000 years removed).  That is a silly fact smile

So, in spite of our history, Mexico, is in my opinion, likely to connect to American culture much more comfortably than many would suppose likely.  Do I want them to stop using a Mexican dialect of Spanish?  No, we are doing just fine as things are, why make trouble.

Done.

Last edited by Void (2022-07-29 09:20:44)

Done.

#34 2022-07-29 09:43:27

Mars_B4_Moon

The genetically engineered elite Cyborgs of Mars will probably speak their own language and it might be far more sophisticated than ours today, they might quickly process image or software language code or understand the local Mars arty and historical symbols far quicker than we do.

In past times parts of the world might have seen happy people but they might have been less advanced, they might have used simple words, they counted left hand one right hand 'two' and then used the word many, they never counted to twenty, even the wise man elder of the village did not count past 10, they had difficulty describing complex objects and shapes, they had no 'zero' concept, they had limited words for colors, some never seen the Ocean, they ran almost naked with no shoes, they chucked spears at animals to catch their dinner, when alien foreigners arrived it was found they these simple but happy people could not read or write.

They had not even invented the Wheel....

and now they must be blasted off to Space placed next to some Martian Fusion Reactor or some Fringe Anti-Matter concept but for what reason... Would the Star Trek Prime Directive not say these people were happy in their own Natural state a kind of old traditional human nature reserve?

Personally I am against going to Mars simply for Preservation of a Language that may not be saved by Mars, it might just die out anyways. There are certain Language which lack the ability to compete with the Modern, some will be left behind, some will need to evolve. There are other ways to save a language that would be done on the Moon or Earth and you would not have to travel as far away as Mars. Is one of Elon Musk's goals to go to Mars and preserve the culture of the Boer Afrikaans, even though it is one of the more new languages on Earth is it the goal of the Space-X CEO to go there, land on Mars simply to forever save the old language and Afrikaans dictionaries and books? I do not believe Elon Musk thinks this way, he went to Canada first, became an icon of the USA, and now seems himself a US citizen? There is a discussion on newmars of Esperanto, this is something people can be made speak by lessons, it could be classed as a 'forced' language, made artificially, a fake language made to blend stepping stones of other European languages, it is spoken internationally by an estimated 60,000 to 150,000 nobody is sure? What makes Esperanto  intriguing is that it is not real but it is real, an entirely constructed language. I never tried to learn Esperanto because there was something that felt 'not genuine' about it, a lot of Esperanto speakers seem to already speak Spanish or German or English or Polish or Russian or French but maybe it would be good to know Esperanto if you’re passionate about learning Esperanto for its own sake.

some of the other the newmars discussions on Esperanto
https://newmars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2748
https://newmars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6026
https://newmars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1769

I learned language young but when I was very young English is what I was mostly exposed to and I would not say at this young age I was fluent in more than one language. Some people find local accents within a language difficult to understand for example the first time hearing someone from Australian Rural or a Scottish person speaking English some phrases which are purely Scots words. I was maybe also exposed to some foreign words, maybe Greek or stories of legends or Latin church stuff and European Western history and folklore growing up but I never considered myself fluently in a foreign language. I could sometimes understand gist the general meaning of what people said for example in Spanish or Italian without ever having studied this languages. Some people I know speak German well, even though English is said to be a mongrel mix of languages and classed in Germanic languages I don't feel it as a German language. German is also of the West Germanic language family I have great difficulty understanding it, so for me English is closer to French. Sometimes even if say simple stuff in a German movie or show or online clip I can almost get what they are saying but I mostly have trouble to truly understand what they are saying. The German words like to join up other smaller words and German is well-known for having very long words due to it being an agglutination compound of words language.

Is age truly a thing, they say it helps if you start younger, maybe I would like to put this to the test again and with more free time I would like to know more languages. If I had more time I would like to learn German as I find some of its history and science and culture interesting, I know some German speakers can also more easily understand Danish language, or Afrikaans or Swedish or Dutch or Yiddish or Luxembourgish. I have probably picked up some words from Balto-Slavic languages from working with people from Eastern Europe, sometimes I am not sure which words are from what exact country or family I might have picked up, a word or phrase could be from Czech, Ukraine, Lithuania, Belarus, Polish, Russian or Slovak or sometimes even South Slavic language like Macedonian and I would not always know its origin, my ear can usually tell Greek straight away, I'm not sure what I hear I just know its sound the Indo-European Paleo-Balkan Hellenic sound. Castellano language of Spain or Castilian Spanish and Greek both have this 'Throaty' and 'Latin' sound to them, it isn't Italian and it isn't a language of the Turk or Hebrew Jew or Muslim Arab but its almost as if they have this softer sandy hacking cough to some of their words, Greek is a pleasant sound to my ears. I can hear the difference between a Spanish person speaking English and a Greek person speaking English although most people I know will mistake the two. Most 'city people' almost always sound loud and almost unpleasant to my ears no matter which part of the world they come from, perhaps the need EQ their voice to that screechy violin drum clarinet tone in the hi-mid section and to shout over all that noise and vehicle traffic and background noise?  Egyptian language the ancient Egyptian language before the Arabic muslim invasion is the oldest language, with evidence of its usage dating back to 3300 BC, the Tamil language, Persian Iranian Fasi, the Jewish Hebrew, ancient Aramaic of modern Syria, Egyptian Christian Coptic language, old Greek, Sanskrit of Ancient India, Latin of the Vatican, the Chinese language are also very old. Mars will probably be the language of the new frontier the new Youth, the youngest languages of the world today are languages like Afrikaans language spoken by approximately 7 million people in South Africa although the language of the White South Africa Boer might not always be on Earth, although new it might eventually fade away get over taken by other cultures and fade into extinction. Some people consider French to be a 'Nice' Beautful Sounding Language although I have listened to some French city teenagers which sound terrible vulgar and loud when speaking their language.

The language of Cantonese was perhaps the most difficult language more exotic I ever tried when young, but I did not try seriously only passively or repeated sounds as a curiosity this was before online books found in Library or internet, five changing tones rising and some falling and some going down and I believe one tone went down started to rise, and starts to fall again, it might explain why so many of them have good tonal pitch and play violin in Orchestra, the hardest part was writing I only knew the characters from some martial arts magazine or kungfu thriller movie without having any clue as to what they meant. I would later get the opportunity to learn Japanese which I found much easier although still difficult, if you can read one group of Chinese characters for example Japanese kanji, knowing old characters from China gives you a root like Latin is rooted across many European languages, in Asia with their picture characters it is possible you could also understand the jist of what is wrote in another part of Asia for example their Chinese characters in Korea or Vietnam or Mainland China. It can be wrong to make assumption as picture words will not always have the same meaning. in Japan you are expected to know 4 alphabets, romanji which are English letters for Romanization of Japanese words like 'USA' or 'IBM' or 'EU' or 'Pepsi' their pronunciation of English words is not always correct and they often pronounce in a Japanized way, you are expected to know a katakana alphabet and hiragana alphabet and the old Chinese Kanji characters. My personal belief is that many of the Asian languages seem to have some link to each other maybe from old times of trade and war and people mixing,  there is a link for me in the sounds of Southeast Asia, Southern China and Northeast India, some of the sounds of Austroasiatic languages link between the islands and East Asia.  I believe that people once thought Mongolian was related to Turkish and Korean and once almost called it as Japanese Siberian Japonic family. I also understand that in each nation today there are many local dialects and older forms of the language which have gone extinct over time, perhaps a form of National Pride or Political Nationalism prevents a historical study classification of language? Some languages for me almost sound loud or drag or moan or depressive or unpleasant to my ears, or there is little in the culture that interests me, the Tamil language, some African local dialect, Urdu and a language with a strong religion element to it I don't think I ever have any intention of ever learning Arabic although some Muslims of Arab cultures when I heard them speak on tv like the Yezidi or Kurdish or Syrian cultures sound more pleasant to my ears. Some language I have no intention of learning because I have no reason to visit the Thai language almost sounds welcoming or cute or funny or child like, I would not tell a Thai Kickboxer his language sounds 'cute' that would be unwise but I have no reason to learn that language and go there, maybe if much older and drink something while on vacation at a beach. What I find interesting about languages is they have their own unique personality of the people, depending on their use can almost change the way you think Object–subject–verb or subject–verb–object or Verb–object–subject word order, some might define time, quanity and space difficult or different in their own ways, some make everything masculine and feminine, others seem to have a lot of verbal customs or polite speech, some have their honorifics.

louis wrote:

Basically the English language is superior to all other languages on Planet Earth. It covers virtually all human activity and it is the epicentre of all new word/concept creation. Other languages like  French, German, Spanish, Chinese and Hindi only "keep up" with English by borrowing wholesale from English or formally converting English words into new words in their own language.

Here's a strange one Georgian can be better to make more free and accurate speech and Spanish might be more advanced because they are breeding more, popping out more kids and it is easier to learn. The culture from Spain are making more babies and their babies are speaking Spanish while Georgian is sometimes more advanced, it can describe to you in almost an instant, a grid, a matrix if you will of numerical items. If you tried to explain this very same structure of numbered items in English it would take far more words, perhaps you would even need to dig up archaic very old-fashioned while the average native English speaker would simply look at you with a dumb founded look on their faces. However because the Georgians count this unique way every day, it is easy for them to describe the counts of stacks of different boxes.

Do the people of Georgia have imposed political restriction upon their language political correctness like they do in England? I also wonder if political correctness is destroying the English language and culture itself, for example when muslim gangster jihads drug criminals from Kenya, Albania, Pakistan, Morocco, Iraq, Turkey, Libya, Nigeria go to England and rape girls, are involved in assaults, pedophilia and human trafficking. The British media calls it Asian grooming groups as if someone from Thailand or South Korea was going to shampoo pet dog or comb someone's pet cat? Do people in Georgia have police arresting thousands each year for some offensive comment on twitter or facebook?

The small Georgian tongue is a language is of passing interest to me as a curiosity, simply because it has unique ways in dealing with own culture and history and numbers, they have different polite and informal ways of saying yes, they have assimilated unique parts of other nearby languages into their own culture, the 84 is pronounced like ‘four times twenty and four.’ The word quatre-vingt-dix makes perfect sense to a French speaker, Georgia has its own unique way of thinking, they count in their own way like Babylonian had a base 12, 60 and 24 system, like the France way, 90 is Four times 20 plus 10. In Georgia they have ways to say three people with triplet blocks of three that make sense but it does not make sense in English. Perhaps it is like saying "Dean was thrice married" and each wife had 3 kids, making nine kids overall, its like you might say a person say 12 boxes with a dozen eggs in each box, these are perhaps ways of counting that were lost in our other languages. Why is Georgia a place of interesting language perhaps because you can also know region a person in Georgia is from by their surname, perhaps even as far away as Mars there would be something of the Georgia Unitary parliamentary republic language that finds itself exported to Mars?

The new person of the new world, perhaps a Martian an engineered person of part machine might evolve to have a language more advanced than your average human on Earth today, if today we already communicate through pix and sounds and number and date and memes, then why will a future not also communicate with image and sound and animation and other symbolism, they might have their own slang to describe current and frequent happenings on Mars, they might have their own laser image meme flag or patriot uplifting simple transmitted to each others brains or  wrote short code like the text message speak since Mobile Cell Phones or  'shorthand' or Stenography.

Void wrote:

I was told at one time that at one point in American history it was possible that German might have become the major language.  Historically the Germans have some relationship to the Romans, they are even part Roman.
While there have been forced conversion methods to English, in fact the language being a hybrid, it can to some degree relate to Germanic languages and thinking, but also in part relate to Latin(ish), types of languages and thinking.

maybe the Dutch, French or Swedish Empire could have also got there, however perhaps also in the same way the Native American cultures and languages would have been forced out and replaced.

It is changing now maybe due to economics or human smuggling or trade or immigration acts or illegal immigration cross borders, the West Coast is becoming more Asia and Mexico/LatinAmerica while the U.S. state of Michigan is becoming Somali
what baffles me is how upon going to a more Free Nation like the United States of America, the Black African Somalia no longer hostage of some Warzone they continue to a pedophile prophet and islamic book that calls them
'Pug Nosed Slaves'
and calls Blacks
https://islam-watch.org/Larry/Blacks-Mu … shamed.htm
'Raisin Heads'

When Religion and Language became one and the same?

and the African Black Following and Worship of islamism when...

Islam Looked Down on Blacks

Now its Bible vs Koran vs Cartoons of Asia Manga ...what is searched more in what part of the world. China has big economic world influence but it does not invade and breed and push religion in parts of the world as islam does, Germans and Irish and Italian came to America but they do not spread old native tongues, their kids mostly in English speaking schools. Although maybe not all became 'modern' I think there are still some community of old tradition family, of Amish Mennonite type of Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana and German Dutch which arrived during the Anabaptist Christian church movement and the United States America has Dutch Heritage Festivals, the 2 World Wars might have started an end of German culture in America.

Take this pic of past and current movements of peoples and trade, how things will change.

0-1-index2.jpg

Some say the Spanish culture is difficult to Americanize,  Rick Santorum once said at the Puerto Rican Republican primary stating that if Puerto Rico opted to become a state, it would have to make English its primary language. Bourbon Restoration a name given to the period that after a coup d'état by Martínez Campos ended the First Spanish Republic and restored the monarchy under Alfonso ended with the proclamation of the Second Spanish Republic. The Spanish Empire lost their war against the USA but even after mandating English it seems the Spanish culture still dominates with a government finding that 76.6% of Puerto Rico did not speak English "very well".

maybe the new cultural war is about the Bible Church Book Empire vs the Quran breeders who turn women into breeding machines or stone them to Death vs Atheist techno kids and their Asian Manga?

You could try spend lots of money and resources and time on this, and force the people of Mars to learn and preserve 'Navajo' or Cree or Sioux culture and dialect or Wayuu Guajiro of Venezuela, Native California Nevada Washoe original languages or some Eskimo Siberia Finn Arctic Canadian language but the people on Mars will probably decide to speak what they need to speak themselves?

Last edited by Mars_B4_Moon (2022-07-29 12:53:51)

#35 2022-07-29 10:06:21

Void

While one factor is north and south, in my opinion, another very important one is Originator vs Mimic.

It is a mistake in my opinion to focus on a religious sect.  My theory is that civilizations eventually dumb down their populations to be mimics.  It is very efficient, as nature does not favor intelligence.  It only favors breeding reproduction.

This is why Polygamy either parallel or serial may be a bad thing on the average.  Especially when power is associated with war religions.

It is possible that certain populations have low living standards because they have "Eaten their brains".  They let Chad and Tyrone run amuck too long.

https://deshaun5johnson.medium.com/chad … 2899e735c4

Their Chad and Tyrone types have a library of mimic moves and sticks and stones on their side, and the desire to breed, and kill or enslave competitors.  Typically they lack advanced technology as that is a burden if you purpose is only to breed, and you can get away with it with persuasive language, sticks and stones and being very selfish.

Being parasitic in nature, then depend on subjugation of intellectually healthy populations, in those circumstance a certain amount of blooming can happen, until they then again eat the brains, and reduce the creative population and enhance the proportion of mimics.

They don't likely do so well in a wilderness, unless they can take captive intelligent slaves to do the work for them, while they breed the brains out of existence.

Its Library gone bad.

Aqisitioners(Business), Priests(Sometimes Library gone bad), warlords, and intellectuals.

Yes the library gone god or bad is not the same as intellectuals.

Warlords may produce intellectuals of a sort.  War machines are technology, above sticks and stones.

Sometimes it is necessary for warlords from the north to kick asses.  It is the only way to get rid of the work of Chad and Tyrones.

But that is Gods call to make, not mine.

The North typically does not have as much room for breeding violent loafers.  Co-operation is valued, and so they tend to be more horizontal in power than the south.  The south tends to be vertical.

Done.

Last edited by Void (2022-07-29 10:31:31)

Done.

Board footer