New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#2026 2022-04-14 08:25:26

kbd512
Administrator

Re: Politics

Terraformer,

Oh look, the pot would like to inform the kettle that it is black.  Britain didn't complain about bombing German cities when the nazis were bombing your cities.  Funny that.  The only "laws and customs of war" are to win at any cost, or hope your enemy is merciful.  Ask the Jews how well begging for mercy worked out for them.  As for "paying the price", America has been paying the price since before you existed, and every one of your sophomoric arguments has been repeatedly tried and found wanting.

We provide more aid, no matter the skin color of its recipients, than any other country on this planet.  We do that because it's the morally correct thing to do, not as a rebuttal to another one of your specious arguments.  As for helping all those poor starving people, your country is free to do more for them any time it pleases you.  Nobody here will lift a finger to stop you.

The government of South Korea have asked that they negotiate their own deals with North Korea, so America has largely stayed out of their way, except for the handful of times when their neighbor to the north threatened to nuke them, and then both America and China intervened to prevent nuclear war.  We keep tens of thousands of our troops stationed in Korea at their specific request, not because it's convenient for us to do so.  We tried leaving Japan as well, more than once, but their government had a cow over the prospect of America leaving.

I seriously doubt that America is immune from ICBM attack.  We might intercept a few of them, but the rest are getting through.  I also know that the city I live in, the one that contains most of the oil refineries in the country, is on the list of targets to hit.  Despite that fact, even I'm willing to play Russian Roulette with the madman in Moscow.  If he doesn't know how the game of "Global Thermonuclear War" ends, then too bad for all of us.  If anyone is left alive to remember, then it'll serve as an object lesson for how appeasement inevitably ends.

From my standpoint, you lack the resolve to win.  You're hoping for appeasement and mercy.  Have the Russians shown any mercy to the people living in Ukraine?  Did they show any mercy to the Poles or to the various other eastern European countries their military has brutalized?  No?  Well then, what the hell makes you think they'll show any mercy to you?  For someone who thinks they live in such a dangerous neighborhood, you should pick up a history book and hopefully learn something from it.  Your ideas have been tried.  They don't work.  End of story.

#2027 2022-04-14 09:04:08

kbd512
Administrator

Calliban,

Putin routinely executes or imprisons people who defy him, so it's unreasonable to believe that he had no knowledge of what his military was doing in Ukraine.  If he had knowledge of their atrocities, then he either approved of such activities or did nothing to stop to them because they've been going on for weeks now.  The only plausible alternative explanation is that he has no control over his military forces in Ukraine, which is worse, because that means he's no longer in command of Russia's military forces in Ukraine.

We have done what we can to negotiate peace with the Russians.  They're not interested.  There is no demonstrated good faith effort on Russia's part.  Putin wants what he wants (to take over all the countries surrounding Russia, just as the Soviet Union did following WWII) and he's not going to stop until he gets it or his military is utterly defeated.  I'm not hysterical over what Putin is doing, I merely accept that he's made his decisions and no amount of talking to him will change his mind.

Many dictators are "democratically elected".  That doesn't mean whatever they do with their power is at all democratic in nature.  There's nothing democratic about the Democratic People's Republic of China.  I'm sure that President Xi must be very popular with some people there, but that doesn't mean he's not locking people in their homes in Shanghai and threatening to shoot them if they set foot outside.  As for peace, peace will be restored when the street thug is either removed from power by his own people or his military is defeated in Ukraine.  That is what all dictators understand.  Loss of power is the only thing that makes them reconsider their actions.  Since the former is highly unlikely, the latter has become necessary.

#2028 2022-04-14 09:40:33

Terraformer
Website

kbd,

tl;dr. I'm not talking about ICMB attacks, I'm talking about the other consequences of war. You know, logistics disruption. Go ahead all you want with trying to punish Putin, but don't expect the rest of the world to suffer for your cause. Unless Americans are willing to drastically curtail their own standard of living to pay off the people they wish to sacrifice they can STFU.

Anyway, that's my last word to you on this. You're not someone who can be reasoned with.

"I'm gonna die surrounded by the biggest idiots in the galaxy." - If this forum was a Mars Colony

#2029 2022-04-14 12:11:45

kbd512
Administrator

Terraformer,

I understand what you want perfectly well.  You want to try to appease a mass murdering dictator for personal convenience.  You either refuse to learn from your own modern history or are selfish beyond reason.  Even if we did something as foolish as what you suggested, life won't magically "go back to normal".  You're not getting what you want.  That ship has sailed.

Someone claiming that I can't be reasoned with also refuses to talk to me and tells me to "shut up".  How quaint.

#2030 2022-04-22 04:25:33

Mars_B4_Moon

Several Large US Food Processing Plants Have Mysteriously Exploded Or Burned Down

https://newspunch.com/several-large-us- … rned-down/

The EU is asking its citizens to drive less, turn down air conditioning and work from home three days a week, to reduce reliance on Russian energy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61179640

Last edited by Mars_B4_Moon (2022-04-22 04:36:15)

#2031 2022-04-22 20:25:29

SpaceNut
Administrator

Disney has been stripped of the self governing in Florida and its going to cost not only the tax payer for the now not funded services but they could decide to close up shop all together in retaliation..
So how safe do you think you will be if you go?

#2032 2022-04-23 04:44:23

Mars_B4_Moon

Ex-Trump lawyer says Florida Governor Ron DeSantis will LOSE if Disney sues
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … -says.html

Florida is ending Disney's special tax district. Here's what comes next
https://www.klcc.org/2022-04-22/florida … comes-next

A Tax payer should not payout, there are other routes to make money and better things to spend taxes on. If its about a back and forth argument then maybe they could invite the rivals Warner Bros to come in? At one time before Hollyweird and the nu-culture of California took off films were made in other places Buffalo, New York or there was a massive movie industry in Florida, Jack Arnold,  Jacksonville’s Silent Movie Star Era that Vim Comedy Company and Norman Pictures, Bert Wheeler, Laurel and Hardy and Groucho Marx pictures. Time to give the productions more tax breaks again and bring in jobs? "Hollywood East" of Florida is long gone they say, or is it? I think that Will Smith slap marked the death of its so called glamor, the illusion broke, with the Scandals of Weinstein and Kevin Spacey type people is not not the perfect opportunity to move away from tinsel town, burn hollywood burn?

or Will the Mouse Turn into an A.I machine and eat everything???When perverted partisan Politics and the big Fairground Corporations meet?So what is the liberation of copyright movement and I wonder where 'The Mouse' stands with it all?

A long time ago people would sing folk tunes, they would paint pictures and come up with folklore stories, some entered comicbook print and movies. Then it was decided 'Artistic Property' would be given for 65 years or maybe 70 years, some said 50 years but later it was decided for artists who die today, the copyright works currently lasts for 70 years from the death of the creator, some said it should only be Life + 25 years, Canada, China, South Africa for example only recognize 50 years. The creative work may be in a literary, artistic, educational, or musical form, the original Licensed product Copyright is intended to protect the original expression of an idea in the form of a creative work. Sometimes opposed to this is the Liberation movement of Copyrights, the free-culture movement  that promotes the freedom to distribute and modify the creative works of others in the form of free content, or play tribute songs or do fan art or make open content, Fiji, Laos and HongKong, Philippines and the island of Saint Helena say Life + 50 years. Giving it 70 years for the artists work that would mean 'Captain America' and 'Superman' could be open, free to use and part of the public's heritage and history open for anyone to tell their story, 'Mickey Mouse' would be an open story anyone in the public could use. One name 'Creative Commons' is another movement 'free of charge' and range of heritage, education, creative works available for others to build upon legally and to share. Classical Music not owned by anyone but in the public domain and myths like a Public Domain Character, Sherlock Holmes, Zeus Greek Myth, Sun Wukong the Chinese Monkey King, or King Arthur these are all stories within the public owned by everyone on Earth, yet did you know through legal trickery claiming to copyright it from the 1800s someone has managed to Copyright the words to "Happy Birthday" now owned by Warner/Chappell Music, it was original a Good Morning word and only ‘a specific piano arrangement’, a US Judge even once seen the sense of it and Warner/Chappell did not have copyright over the lyrics or melody to the song, but through corrupt 'bribes' perhaps? Or another Judge and paying thousands and millions for more lawyers and attorneys they finally got an Appeal with another corrupted Judge who said it IS copyrighted, so now every time it is played on a radio or in some movie they must give a big payout?

but
Is there a reason everything now seems a little sterile, super controlled, overly manufactured, why are all those super hero remakes so formulae and sometimes even agenda driven, why does all the music sound the same? Will a small handful of Globalist Mega Corps own it all? Maybe in the end it won't be some super rich American or French billionaire or Jewish banker family or Saudi, it won't be a Royal British elite group nor will it be Japanese family but instead a Big Global A.I machine that replaces it all?

There used to be many independent media companies, hundreds and hundreds film production companies and record labels and hundreds of of gamer companies but now its all turning into one Machine Ring controlled by a small handful of Big Globalist Entity. All across the weirdness of Hollywood and Theme Park rides and Video Games and Music there are only are about 5 Big Globalist Corporations maybe as few as Four that own it all. They will even go as far as to flag one of Isaac Arthur's online videos because he might have used something that kinda looks like some Video Game scene or scifi StarWars thingy...oh yeah and Disney btw owns Star Wars also. However it would be impossible to copyright something as simple as a 'Chord' or a 'Minor Scale' ...well they even tried to copyright that one, and they now have software and A.I machines searching the internet and trying to engage in demonetization of other people's videos, flag their videos, take their money, get them banned or have their social media channels taken offline because some bot scans some sound or image and claims it belongs to some globalist mega-corporation? Remember a family name DuPont they link to many scandals and events in US history...well those French are still big, Vivendi is a French mass media holding company headquartered in Paris, it owns those app games on phones Gameloft, it owns Activision and EA Games, it now owns a lot of indie European film through Groupe Canal+, what Microsoft and Facebook didn't already own the Japanese Sony came in and bought them out many American indie music labels are now owned by Vivendi-EMI or Sony or AOL Time Warner, there is also the video game industry product 'Sony Playstation'. MGM as a movie studio started to go bankrupt so it would seem Sony bought them out, Sony and MGM have officially reached an agreement for Bond 007 franchise they also owned Spider-Man. WarnerMedia or AOL Time Warner was another huge thing, Time Warner and CBS own 'CW' TimeWarner owns CNN, HBO, the Cartoon Network and many other things. NBC-Universal is another big one, it owned A&E Networks the History Channel, the 'Incredible Hulk' movies, Msnbc news, Telemundo. However the past years 'The Mouse' came along, it was making billions in block buster superhero movies, it buys the entire of Marvel, it buys up Fox, it owns ESPN, it owns ABC.

As politically crazy as DeSantis might seem at times, I will not mourn for 'The-Mouse'.

Last edited by Mars_B4_Moon (2022-04-23 05:55:38)

#2033 2022-04-23 16:24:27

SpaceNut
Administrator

#2034 2022-05-02 07:01:51

Mars_B4_Moon

Amid tensions on Earth, the United States claims that 'conflict in space is not inevitable'

https://theconversation.com/amid-tensio … ble-181993

Sea levels rising twice as fast as thought in New Zealand
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/466 … ew-zealand

Muslim Boyfriend arrested for killing teen aged Hindu girl.

https://hinduexistence.org/2022/05/01/m … indu-girl/

Sydney man admits to pushing a gay American off a cliff in 1988

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/02/10958642 … ff-a-cliff

Russia says it's pulling out of International Space Station over sanctions

https://www.axios.com/russia-internatio … 560fa.html

#2035 2022-05-02 14:54:25

Calliban

Time Columnist 'Charlotte Adler' Denounces Free Speech As A White Man's "Obsession"
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/tim … -obsession

Panicked CNN Guest 'David Zurawik' Wonders "How We're Going To Control The Channels Of Communications In This Country"
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/panic … ns-country

Adam Schiff, the father of the Trump Russian collusion hoax expresses grave concerns over the Musk Twitter purchase.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/critics-b … r-purchase

Max Boot writes: "I am frightened by the impact on society and politics if Elon Musk acquires Twitter. He seems to believe that on social media anything goes. For democracy to survive, we need more content moderation, not less,"
https://www.foxnews.com/media/twitter-l … frightened

These fine upstanding members of the American Jewish community are all horrified by the idea that ordinary Americans might get to receive information that they cannot control.  One has to wonder what they are so frightened the world might learn, if they cannot control what people see and hear?

I don't like to give Islamic groups too much publicity, but in this case, I think they may have uncovered a conflict of interest in the American media.
https://www.islam-radio.net/islam/engli … l-news.htm

"Of the 93 senior executives of the major televised news outlets, 74 are Jews, have Jewish spouses or work directly towards Jewish/Zionist interests. This is a numerical representation of 79%. Jews are approximately 2% of the U.S population. Therefore Jews, spouses of Jews and Shabbos goyim are over-represented among the senior executives of major televised news outlets by a factor of 39.5 times."

If this is true, it should I think raise serious concerns about how well the corporate media represent the interests of the average American.  And one has to wonder, how it came to be, that a group of people that make up 2% of US population, came to have so much power over the over 98%.

Last edited by Calliban (2022-05-02 15:41:08)

"Plan and prepare for every possibility, and you will never act. It is nobler to have courage as we stumble into half the things we fear than to analyse every possible obstacle and begin nothing. Great things are achieved by embracing great dangers."

#2036 2022-05-02 21:17:55

kbd512
Administrator

Calliban,

You'll love this:

Tahanson43206 told me that he thought Putin was a "conservative".  A dyed-in-the-wool communist and former KGB member magically became a "conservative" because, get this logic, he told me that Putin is trying to "conserve" the Soviet Union, a country that hasn't existed for more than 30 years.  Mind you, this garden variety street thug and world class tool who lords his power over Russians, much like our own President Biden's Merry Band of Morons, only jumped off on Ukraine because our Dimwit in Chief didn't have the basic intelligence to put American troops in Ukraine to prevent this idiocy from happening in the first place.  President Trump knew exactly what Putin was about and militarily opposed him at every opportunity presented.  The Taliban behaved themselves under President Trump.  Under President Potato Head, there are hundreds if not thousands of American citizens trapped behind enemy lines because Bidumberer is so insufferably incompetent.  President Biden is supposed to represent the people who elected him, though, so I guess that figures.

1. This tool from Communist News Network, David Zurawik, whined and cried about the fact that a jackwagon such as himself was not being able to "control the flow of information", as if these bottom feeders disguising themselves in human skin were ordained by Biden's Ministry of Truth to tell us all what "the truth is", according to them.

2. The little twerp said "We are in so much trouble because Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg believe in making money."  That commie piece of trash literally "outed himself" as the filthy communist trash that he is, on national television.  I know nobody was actually watching at the time except for the people who poke fun at their insanity, because it's CNN, but still.

3. Then the Derpistani also said he thinks Zuckerberg influenced the 2016 election because of some FacePlant advert that no Republican or conservative ever saw or heard of, prior to them concocting the obvious fraud that they perpetrated for their latest (at that time following the 2016 election results) vanity project.  As a conservative and Republican, I've never had a social media account of any kind because I'm totally disinterested with what anyone else ate for breakfast, what some celebrity strung out on drugs thinks of Republicans or conservatives, or especially what some media cretin or politician thinks of anyone regardless of anything.  If Democrats or Republicans were on social media telling us about aliens landing, I wouldn't know about it because I've never had an account and never plan to, either.  I could care less what Elon Musk does or doesn't do with Twitter.  Everyone who uses Twitter eventually makes themselves appear dumber than they actually are, or at least that's what I hope is the case, and less human by using it.

4. He thinks we've "lost the ability to think in America", because he's lost his mind and everyone else, including those who were on set with him judging by the expressions on their faces.  The rest of us are only left wondering if he's ever going to stop running his ignorant mouth and do something useful for the rest of humanity.  When Twitter was owned by a bunch of radical leftist loons censoring everyone he disagreed with, he no doubt thought that was "merely the prerogative of private business to set their own policy".  Now that the shoe is on the other foot, according to him Elon Musk suddenly became "right-wing"- the guy who walked out of President Trump's office and said he thought the President was stupid, he thinks Congress needs to make laws to "control" speech, else "we are headed to hell".  As a result of people like him, we're already living in a hell of his own making.  We have to deal with media-induced stupid, 24/7/365.  We now have more people who believe things with no basis in reality than not, all thanks to his kind.  The fact that someone paid good money to put someone so profoundly anti-American on television is not why we're "headed to hell", but rather, "we're already there".

5. These people are really telling us that they don't know what left or right actually means anymore.  Tahanson43206 thinks "conservatism" means you think we should be ruled over by someone (that he agrees with) by decree.  Ironically, that's exactly what the Democrats are doing, but he can't make the connection because it's a "dictatorship he agrees with".  As an actual conservative, it's painfully clear to me that he is clueless about what real conservatives actually believe in.  Everybody I know, who he would label "right wing", wants as little government in their lives as possible.  We bristle at the very thought of having anyone from the government or media tell us what we should or shouldn't be doing or thinking, much less what we're allowed to say as private citizens when we disagree with another private citizen or our own less-than-worthless government.  That is profoundly authoritarian in nature, and is a very prominent feature of all left-wing politics, never right-wing politics.

It took President Trump to remind everyone in our political party that they were not supposed to be "left-wing lite", or wishy-washy authoritarians or wannabe commies.  I can tell you this much, though.  The left-wing of our political structures contains some of the most arrogant, self-righteous, condescending crooks on this planet, and at this point the general public's patience with them is wearing thin.

#2037 2022-05-03 03:49:58

Calliban

It would be dishonest of me to pretend to fully understand Putin.  But reading about his exploits as a former KGB agent in East Germany, does not give me the impression that he is a model Conservative.

Conservatives are people that distrust centralised power and value human freedom and personal choice over the supposed security offered by the collectivist power of the state.  That is what right wing really means.  Most people tend to confuse right wing with authoritarianism, which is actually the opposite of what it means.  Authoritarianism is inherently left wing, because it tends asurp individual initiative to the power of a larger authority.  Hitler was a socialist.  Stalin was a socialist.  So were Mao and Pol Pot.  Such men always leave a trail of bodies in their path.

It is actually very difficult to find real Conservatives anywhere these days.  Most people are conditioned to believe that centralised authority will solve any problem more effectively than empowered individuals.  Part of the problem is that it is impossible to opt out of the system these days.  You have to rely on collectivised systems because it isn't possible to withdraw from them.

I received a lesson in just how ineffective socialised medicine can be when my son had to receive psychiatric help and there wasn't a single psychiatrist available on the UK NHS to see him this year.  I gave up and opted for a private consultation.  I was surprised at just how affordable it actually was and impressed by the quality of service.  He is on the mend now and has the medicine that he needs.  I have had the same experience with dental care.  I would rather just pay the going rate and get something good where I am treated like a customer.  I still have to pay for the socialised solution of course, through my taxes.  So I am effectively paying twice.  In the US, there is the opposite problem.  Medical care has become a racket.  But that is not because it is a free market.  It is because it is not a free market.  There are always people who lack the ability to pay.  I don't have that problem because I am an engineer and well paid.  The socialised security net is supposed to help those people that are too poor but still have a need.  But that only happens if it works.  Increasingly, it just doesn't.  If something doesn't work properly, then you aren't really any better off for having it.

A big part of me gets weary of politics.  I find it boring and depressing.  I think a lot of people do.  It is precisely because normal people have limited patience for politics, that crazy and ruthless obsessives end up dominating it.  It is the instinct of conservatives to withdraw from collectivism.  This ends up perpetuating the problem, because communists will always seek power with single minded obsession.  Bad people (communists) tend to prevail because good people (conservatives) fail to stop them.  The weakness of conservatism is that it has no inbuilt way of combating people that seek power for evil ends.

Last edited by Calliban (2022-05-03 04:16:29)

"Plan and prepare for every possibility, and you will never act. It is nobler to have courage as we stumble into half the things we fear than to analyse every possible obstacle and begin nothing. Great things are achieved by embracing great dangers."

#2038 2022-05-03 10:04:11

Mars_B4_Moon

The Sunni Mohammedan Theocratic Monachy is still unhappy after the USA covered up and censored those 28 pages?

'Former Saudi spy chief gives strongest public rebuke of Biden to date, saying US let country down by failing to react to terror attacks'

https://www.businessinsider.com/biden-l … uke-2022-5

Saudi funds terrorists and then telling US to react stronger to terror attacks?
14 of the 19 hijackers

Others news items

'Russian BTR-80 Sustains Massive Damage From Indirect Fire'

https://funker530.com/video/russian-btr … rect-fire/

'Pro-Kremlin publishing house catches fire in Moscow'

https://www.newsweek.com/warehouse-fire … se-1702826

Georgia has submitted the first part of the questionnaire to obtain EU candidate status

https://agenda.ge/en/news/2022/1536

Last edited by Mars_B4_Moon (2022-05-03 10:08:17)

#2039 2022-05-03 10:30:58

kbd512
Administrator

Calliban,

Before the left went completely off the map, I had zero interest in politics. Now I take an interest in politics to determine what the latest nutty ideas are, that our radical left has come up with to screw themselves and everyone else over with.

What you're describing is exactly why those of us who are truly "on the right" want a kind of "national divorce" from our collectivists / self-styled progressivists.  I would happily choose to "opt out" of their special brand of stupid, but the very first thing they do is to figuratively, if not literally, is to "bar the doors" to trap everyone else in their numerous psychoses.

To me, "conservatism" means maintaining all the good governance practices and policies that made America so successful, as well as a place where everyone else wanted to come to.  Conservatism is not reactionary in nature, unlike the endlessly changing policies fomented by the radicals who fancy themselves as being "progressives", despite being "regressive" in nature.  Every time they have a new identity crisis, because they stand for nothing of lasting value, everyone else is forced to dealt with the issues caused by their amorality or immorality, rather than them.  They don't actually stand for anything that's not ultimately self-destructive, and that's what I have a major problem with.  They certainly don't believe in any of our founding ideals.

1. There is no American principle that says killing your own child is okay.  Animals are treated with more basic respect than humans in many cases, and that is not an exclusive issue on the left, but a general issue that should not be permitted.  Basic human dignity and compassion should be respected before all other considerations.  Often times compassion for others doesn't mean imbibing in their various psychoses by pretending that role playing equates to reality.  When someone tells you that they identify as an "attack helicopter" or a "furry", that means they have severe psychological problems that require professional help, not that you need to indulge in their fantasy life or that you don't care about them.

2. There is no American principle that says burning down an entire neighborhood or looting stores because you're upset with the Police is ever okay to do.  This is almost exclusively a feature of the radical left, despite their attempts to re-cast the right as causing such issues.  There are no cities run by the right wing where lawlessness in the streets is tolerated.  This is by far the single most destructive aspect of the radical left.  They wonder why people are arming themselves like mad as they're attacking the very institutions that previously provided public protection from the criminal elements of our society.  They're no different in practice than small children throwing temper tantrums over someone telling them that their behavior has boundaries, except that a three year old can't seriously hurt most other people, unlike a full grown adult.  They don't educate, either.  They indoctrinate.  There's a world of difference between those two course of action.  They teach people to become victims of their own behavior or that of others, which is utterly repulsive to me, and then respond to the problems that causes by perpetually creating new generations of victims.

When I was a kid, it was commonly understood that resisting arrest or trying to kill Police Officers was a great way to get yourself locked up for a very long time or even killed in return for your criminal behavior.  Behaving like a hooligan wasn't admirable or glorified in any way or excused away by any political party.  Nonsense such as "oh, it's just their culture" or "it's because they're poor", those excuses didn't fly.  If you had an issue with the Police, then you took it to court where a modicum of civility would be maintained.  Solving all personal behavior problems out on the streets was how we arrived at "street solutions", which are never good solutions, merely expedient ones.

3. There is no American principle that says abandoning your own people to your sworn enemies is ever okay.  This is an outright direct betrayal of the American people, and is completely intolerable.  Our military should be used only after we are attacked or to defend our allies from attack, not as a cudgel to brow-beat people who simply don't share our values and never will.  We never had any business doing the kinds of things we did in Iraq and Afghanistan, but once we were there we had an obligation to protect the people who relied upon us for that purpose, and abandoning them was a betrayal of them as well.

4. There is no American principle that says re-imagining history as it never was, or that revisiting the darkest chapters of your history is a desirable thing to do.  The mere fact that slavery was allowed to exist at some point in our history is not indicative of all Americans, everywhere, for all time.  Yes, it was an atrocity.  That's why one of my fellow Republicans, President Abraham Lincoln, put an end to that practice.  Everyone forgets that President Lincoln was a Republican, yet he is the one the Democrats constantly cite as being a source of inspiration to their politicians.  If only that was true.

5. There is no American principle that says destroying what your ancestors built that actually works well and is good for the people, merely for sake of change to please the most radical elements of society, who never have everyone else's best interests at heart, is at all desirable, let alone a laudable goal.  Whether or not every aspect of society works equally well for all people, at all times, is immaterial.  You don't burn down the entire house simply because you think one wall is uglier than that rest.

On that note, government is supposed to promote the general welfare, not provide the general welfare, which is the exclusive responsibility of "We, The People".  We are supposed to direct our government towards generally useful activities for a government to undertake, the government is not supposed to direct us in every aspect of our daily lives.  That's micro-management, not governance, which is application of general rules and principles intended to foster desirable outcomes.  Basically, many of us want our government to stay in its own lane.  I don't incessantly look for ways to insert myself into our government, so I expect the same basic respect for boundaries that I show to them.

Overall, radicals and regressives have severe boundary issues.  They don't know when to stop pushing others, nor when to stop playing with fire.  I don't know if anyone ever taught them any better or they lack the basic respect for other people, that they always demand, to stop interfering with the lives of others who don't share their values.

As far as health care is concerned, I have never believed that it's a human right, yet I also don't believe that it should be made unaffordable to all but the most wealthy amongst us.  As a general principle of "we take care of our own people", all hospitals are compelled by law to treat everyone who walks in, regardless of their ability to pay.  Prior to our latest government interference and overreach, health care cost less money.  Our radicals then made health care three times more expensive than it already was, greatly exacerbating the existing problem for everyone who was already being responsible and paying into the system, on the false premise that we would have universal health care coverage.  That scheme quickly failed, like all other socialist schemes, and as always the tax payer was stuck with the bill.

Socialism is a fundamental utter failure and a general bad idea that needs to be replaced with a better one.  That's why I call the people who believe in this nonsense, "regressives".  Their defective indoctrination programming makes them endlessly re-attempt failed ideas instead of accepting the better ones that have always existed, but don't have the features that make them amenable to trying to "control" other people.

#2040 2022-05-03 11:39:25

kbd512
Administrator

Calliban,

I would like to add that I don't think any Police Officer is above reproach or that their behavior can't be every bit as criminal as the people they're supposed to be after, or that they shouldn't be held accountable for such behavior, no different than any other person.  However, there are three things need to happen here:

1. Authority figures need to behave in a respectable manner, or they need to abdicate their positions to people who will behave themselves.  If they're going to use our government as a personal piggy bank, then they need to seek life elsewhere, maybe at a real bank.

2. People who wish to live here need to abide by our laws, and not just whenever it suits their purpose.  Far too many people think that they can do whatever they want, without consequence.  Humanity doesn't work that way.  It never has and never will.

3. Laws need to have moral foundations that support them, and a civilized society needs basic morality.  If there is no respect for human life, both on the part of our government and our people, then we will not have a civilized society.  This has been a problem caused by the people, not the government, due to their repeated failures to elect legislators and representatives who bear true faith and allegiance to our founding principles, and to the people they're supposed to represent.

These issues should not be a matter of politics.  They should be foundational to whether or not someone is elected, and certainly whether or not they retain elected office after the results of their time in office are known.  This requires a level of civics and personal responsibility that most voters don't have, and they think our system is so expansive and powerful that it can never fail.  Reality could not be further from that belief.  All systems of governance, and indeed civilized societies, are fragile by nature.  They require constant attention and engagement from the people.  Voting is only one, if very important, civic responsibility.  There are many other civic responsibilities of equal or greater importance.

#2041 2022-05-07 07:20:43

Mars_B4_Moon

Chicago has been going bankrupt crime is out of control, some spoke of the California Exodus but Chicago has more trying to quit
new State offers new tax breaks?

Boeing plans to relocate its headquarters to Virginia from Chicago.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/05/busi … icago.html

California's population SHRINKS again: Most populous US state falls by more than 100,000 for second year in a row
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … -year.html

Exodus: Bay Area, California population dropped in 2021 as people exited
https://www.siliconvalley.com/2022/05/0 … ight-year/

California’s Population Shrank In 2021 For The Second Year In A Row
https://americanlookout.com/californias … -in-a-row/

Boeing Exits Chicago as City Wrestles With Crime, Exodus
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/boeing-exits- … 41683.html

Last edited by Mars_B4_Moon (2022-05-07 07:23:11)

#2042 2022-05-19 13:40:53

Mars_B4_Moon

US Foods Plants & Factory warehouse on Fire in Phoenix AZ

Might have been a bush fire a wildfire or an isolated case ... or other events have been happening... but plane crashed into an Idaho potato and food processing plant, killing the pilot, police said in East Idaho.  A soybean-processing tank caught fire at the Perdue Farms plant in Chesapeake, Va. Fires swept through Wisconsin River Meats in Mauston  destroying part of the facility. A suspect Chicken flu Bird virus has made thousands upon thousands of chickens get slaughtered. Bad Luck or Conspiracy or more? Fox News host Tucker Carlson remarked on the odd series of food processing plant disasters that have befallen food warehouse facilities all across the US nation and noted the oddity that two of these plants were hit by falling airplanes in the same week. Walmart distribution center near Indianapolis, Indiana, is burning to the ground. Firefighters from several departments in Maine helped battle a massive fire that destroyed a butcher shop and meat market in Center Conway, New Hampshire. Shearer’s Foods plant in Hermiston, Oregon caught fire after a propane boiler exploded. Georgia firefighters responded to a plane crash that killed two people Thursday at the General Mills food processing plant

Something sounds odd with all these fires

However it also sounds strange that a Terrorist group or Foreign Spy Infiltration group would hit an obscure potato-chip maker in Oregon?

maybe it just is 'Bad Luck'?

but a major food California processing plant belonging to Taylor Farms burned almost completely to the ground.
There are also several additional instances of similar 'calamities' in recent weeks.

Last edited by Mars_B4_Moon (2022-05-19 13:42:27)

#2043 2022-05-25 09:40:45

Mars_B4_Moon

US closes loophole for Russian debt payments
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-61569560

Russian parliament scraps age limit for army recruits
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ru … 022-05-25/

and maybe it could go in the 'Mosques on Mars' thread

Young muslim children are being trained to hate, and kill Hindus
https://www.opindia.com/2022/05/young-m … eneration/

Man arrested in the Netherlands for war crimes committed in Syria
https://nltimes.nl/2022/05/24/man-arres … imes-syria

#2044 2022-05-27 16:56:52

Mars_B4_Moon

Russia faces biggest debt test yet after US ban on payments

https://www.hindustantimes.com/business … 41478.html

Russian mum's fight to save sons from Putin's war

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61599932

#2045 2022-05-28 13:13:18

Mars_B4_Moon

Ex-President Poroshenko Says Blocked From Leaving Ukraine

https://www.rferl.org/a/poroshenko-says … 72836.html

#2046 2022-05-29 12:37:20

Mars_B4_Moon

The Ethanol link

1.7 billion people face food shortages or even famine from the global reduction in cereals from the Russia-Ukraine War, yet 52% of global cereal production goes to animal feed and biofuel. Time to rapidly accelerate away from both, with lab grown meat & wind+solar.

https://leahy.substack.com/p/food-crisi … connection

Food prices are 34% higher than a year ago.

They are at the highest since the U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization started recording them in 1990. In fact, the prices in its Food Prices Index—a measure of the most commonly traded food commodities— are literally off the chart

Last edited by Mars_B4_Moon (2022-05-29 16:27:16)

#2047 2022-05-29 16:25:41

kbd512
Administrator

Mars_B4_Moon,

Turning food into fuel has always been an abhorrently bad idea, but the people who need to listen the most, are also the most deaf when it comes to telling it like it is.

#2048 2022-05-29 16:26:13

SpaceNut
Administrator

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F8da24a47-4aff-4b85-aea4-abac7d2d6d10_1200x800.jpeg

Plants convert approximately 0.023% of the sunlight energy they receive.
Here’s some context. Of the world’s cereal crop production (rice, wheat, corn, etc) :

48% is eaten by humans

41% is used for animal feed

11% for biofuels (ethanol, biodiesel)

Of all the wheat, rice, corn, rye, oats, barley, sorghum grown in the US every year a mere 10% is eaten by people. The rest is for animal feed and biofuels.

The US converted 121 million tons of its corn crop into ethanol in 2019. Globally, some 70 million acres of food-producing land is devoted to biofuels that provide less than 5% of the world’s transportation fuels.

Need-to-Know 2: 70 million acres of farmland is used for biofuels.

An acre of high-yield corn in the US midwest can be converted into 500 gallons of ethanol on average. If a vehicle could run on 100% ethanol, it would travel 8,750 miles on 500 gallons. (Ethanol has 30% less energy than gasoline.)

An acre of solar panels produces an average 350 megawatt hours (MWh) in one year. That’s enough electricity to be able to drive a Tesla Model 3 some 1,400,000 miles. (Model 3 uses 62 KWh to travel 250 miles.)

sort of a no brain'r but here is why it happened as

In 2013, thanks largely to surging demand from ethanol plants, U.S. farmers snagged an average of $6.15 per bushel of corn — up from $1.96 in 2005.

we can make it from Cellulosic feed stocks parts of plants such as  the stems, leaves, stalks and trunks of plants, none of which is used for human food production. This is also possible from food waste, expired for consumption foods as well.

#2049 2022-05-29 18:22:22

kbd512
Administrator

Col. Richard Black: U.S. Leading World to Nuclear War

Listen to what Colonel Black said we did to the Syrian people under President Obama, and later under President Trump.

If what we did is not the dictionary definition of "evil", then I don't know what qualifies.

Why was our CIA, and possibly our military as well, so cruel to those people?

That's what I want to know.

#2050 2022-05-29 18:48:27

SpaceNut
Administrator

google of Richard H. Black (R-Loudoun), a staunch conservative and decorated Vietnam veteran...

This was the period of time where we had a war on terror following Issi and al Qaeda into nations that harbored them of which the Russia tried to play in the game as if a peace keeper

Ex-Senator Richard Black: US War on Syria Serving Israeli, Turkish, Saudi Ambitions

Board footer