New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#2651 Today 14:46:39

kbd512
Administrator

Re: Politics

Ukraine is now invading / operating within Russia.  I zero sympathy for the Russian government, but ultimately this isn't going to end the way we in the West think it should.  It's going to get very ugly, very fast.  We already have one Sun.  We don't need another one here on Earth.  Maybe none of Russia's nukes actually work, but what if some do?  Everyone had better hope and pray that is the case.

I recently attempted to go to the Harris / Walz website.  The first search result I get, regardless of what I try to search for, is "ActBlue", which is a so-called super pac asking for money.  I had to get modestly creative to "fool" Google, but I did eventually find their actual website.

I recently attempted to go to the Trump / Vance website as well.  That one at least comes up, but also asking for money like all the rest.  There's at least some platform and policy positions here.  I still have no clue what the Harris / Walz platform is offering up to the American people, in writing.

2024 GOP PLATFORM MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

It's a 16 page document expressing the policies which President Trump wishes to pursue.

Robert F. Kennnedy Jr 2024 Presidential Election Campaign - Policy Positions

It's not an actual document, but good enough for government work.

Where in the heck are all the policy positions for Vice President Kamala Harris?  Is that supposed to be a big secret?  A major political party, our Democrat Party, has expressed no public policy positions in writing for their 2024 Presidential candidate.  Does everyone in the Democrat Party "simply know" what they're voting for?  Does that not bother anyone who is a Democrat?  There are written-down policies for our 2024 Republican and Independent Presidential candidates.  The Democrats hold the Presidency right now.  Posting their policy positions would at least tell the people what they stand for.

#2652 Today 17:14:57

kbd512
Administrator

Re: Politics

Meanwhile, Israel, Iran, Hamas, and Hezbollah are all unloading on each other.  It's a "flying metal" competition.  I've no idea if Turkey is involved yet, but if they are, then there's going to be a much wider war in the Middle East.

Board footer