New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#26 2005-12-15 04:32:11

Rxke

Re: Active Members Of New Mars Please Vote!

You forgot some options in your poll:

* I Just Come Here To Use Too Much Capitals And Exclamation Marks in My Sentences!

* I Just Come Here To Scream Bloody Murder CIA Conspiracy When People Do Not Agree With Me!

* I Just Come Here To Troll, To Cowardly Imply People Are Nazis By Linking To Sites About Nazi Techniques, Too Cowardly To Say So Myself!

* I Just Come Here Under Assumed Names, But Insist Everybody Else Post His/Her Full Bio, So I Can Personally Harass Them!

As I pointed out elsewhere, sdc1 and 4 are clearly the same people, or if not, two people posting as one, both of these practices are valid reasons for banning such posters, so if I were you, buddie, I'd STFU.

BTW, nice technique, you amateurish troll, posting under no name, thinking that makes it harder to point out where you are violating rules. Too bad you get carried away sometimes and make such mistakes.

I'd call for the moderaters to outright ban you, were it not that Clark has so much fun with replying to you moronic drivel.

#27 2005-12-15 06:45:26

Cobra Commander

We're all not only CIA drones but Leftist CIA drones. You just can't make this stuff up up.  lol

Release the hounds. Or clark. Whatever.

Oh right, the poll. I'm deliquent in my Mars Society dues. I don't support everythign they do or propose but compared to some other space groups. . .  roll

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

#28 2005-12-15 13:48:29

Rxke

There we go again, insulting people...

You must make a lot of friend every day, no?

Remember why you were banned last time?

Had to do something with a mass-mailing...

Remember? I do.
Robert does.

Pathetic wanker.

#29 2005-12-15 14:31:30

Rxke

Wheeee! I'm a messageboard moderator!
*checks* Oh, I'm not :cry:

Using all that red, you know, that's baaaad commie stuff, you know?

Clark was right, this is fun!

Look bud, you insult even the people that mean well with you all the time, why should I show any respect you?

RobertDyck has been very polite in the way he brought up the issue, and again you start foaming at the mouth, yelling CIACONSPIRACY!!!!!!

ISA.... I'm beginning to think it's the abbreviated form of Irrational Schizoids Asylum....

#30 2005-12-15 15:03:36

GCNRevenger

"The International Space Agency has never sent any such email to NASA, or any group or person! NEVER!"

Really? But Rick, you've said that you have contacted NASA before and they turned down any involvement in your Magnificent and Wonderous Plan for the Future.

"However, Government Agents have indeed manufactured these fake emails on many occasions to discredit and slander the International Space Agency and its Founder."

Haha! Whee!

"One of the email providers of the International Space Agency (NET SOL) Network Solutions"

Well at least we know tha Rick was, indeed, actually an engineer at one time. The affinity for acronyms is a dead giveaway.

"Had broken in to the Network Solutions System, using a manager code, outdated, and then accessed the International Space Agency email accounts, and sent out hundreds of fake and threatening emails to cause trouble for the International Space Agency. This loop hole has since then been fixed."

Liar. You did send out those mails in one of your hysterical rants between doses... After all, there are much easier ways to forge a sender address then hacking an ISP security system to get access to your name.

"our"

Who's this our/we business? So far, I bet that the only ISA staff member is you, Ricky.

"You say Mr. Robert Dyck that you had International Space Agency emails about you go to NASA?! Did you ever contact the International Space Agency by phone to verify this was true?

NO! You did not, and had you done so, you would have learned that you were decieved and used by Government Agents to slander the International Space Agency, and its Founder!

This EVIL crap has been going on since 1990."

Wooo evil CIA people, out to get yooou. "Calling the ISA" if you even have a phone number would also expose Robert's number via caller ID.

Ah boy, I Can't Go On, off to Christmas shop...

Edit: Oh, and that science babe with the crazy glasses, Dr Victoria Spock... er I mean Schott and the ISA board members who all type the same.

[i]"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw[/i]

[i]The glass is at 50% of capacity[/i]

#31 2005-12-15 15:06:35

GCNRevenger

RobertDyck has been very polite in the way he brought up the issue, and again you start foaming at the mouth, yelling CIACONSPIRACY!!!!!!

HAHAHA! he changed the text color with the edit, didn't he???

If you sent the emails or not Ricky, it should be your responsability as the owner of the ISA name to clear it, namely, by sending out emails that correct the mistruthes that "TheMan" sent out in your name.

Edit: "Last edited by International-Space-Agenc on Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total"

Hey Ricky! Who's trying to Decieve and Manipulate now, since you are changing your own posts to decieve others!

[i]"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw[/i]

#32 2005-12-15 15:30:55

Rxke

*blink*

lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  So he did!

Maaaaaan, you can't make this up, too funny!

#33 2005-12-15 23:02:23

sdc1
Banned

If you sent the emails or not Ricky, it should be your responsability as the owner of the ISA name to clear it, namely, by sending out emails that correct the mistruthes that "TheMan" sent out in your name.

Edit: "Last edited by International-Space-Agenc on Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total"

Hey Ricky! Who's trying to Decieve and Manipulate now, since you are changing your own posts to decieve others!

IN CONGRESS, JULY 4, 1776
The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

He has refuted his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.

He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.

He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their Public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.

He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.

He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected, whereby the Legislative Powers, incapable of Annihilation, have returned to the People at large for their exercise; the State remaining in the mean time exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.

He has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States; for that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new Appropriations of Lands.

He has obstructed the Administration of Justice by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary Powers.

He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures.

He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil Power.

He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:

For quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:

For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

For cutting off our Trade with all parts of the world:

For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences:

For abolishing the free System of English Laws in a neighbouring Province, establishing therein an Arbitrary government, and enlarging its Boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule into these Colonies

For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments:

For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.

He has abdicated Government here, by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against us.

He has plundered our seas, ravaged our coasts, burnt our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people.

He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation.

He has constrained our fellow Citizens taken Captive on the high Seas to bear Arms against their Country, to become the executioners of their friends and Brethren, or to fall themselves by their Hands.

He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.

In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

Nor have We been wanting in attentions to our British brethren. We have warned them from time to time of attempts by their legislature to extend an unwarrantable jurisdiction over us. We have reminded them of the circumstances of our emigration and settlement here. We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred. to disavow these usurpations, which would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity. We must, therefore, acquiesce in the necessity, which denounces our Separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind, Enemies in War, in Peace Friends.

We, therefore, the Representatives of the United States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these United Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States, that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do. — And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

— John Hancock

New Hampshire:
Josiah Bartlett, William Whipple, Matthew Thornton

Massachusetts:
John Hancock, Samuel Adams, John Adams, Robert Treat Paine, Elbridge Gerry

Rhode Island:
Stephen Hopkins, William Ellery

Connecticut:
Roger Sherman, Samuel Huntington, William Williams, Oliver Wolcott

New York:
William Floyd, Philip Livingston, Francis Lewis, Lewis Morris

New Jersey:
Richard Stockton, John Witherspoon, Francis Hopkinson, John Hart, Abraham Clark

Pennsylvania:
Robert Morris, Benjamin Rush, Benjamin Franklin, John Morton, George Clymer, James Smith, George Taylor, James Wilson, George Ross

Delaware:
Caesar Rodney, George Read, Thomas McKean

Maryland:
Samuel Chase, William Paca, Thomas Stone, Charles Carroll of Carrollton

Virginia:
George Wythe, Richard Henry Lee, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Harrison, Thomas Nelson, Jr., Francis Lightfoot Lee, Carter Braxton

North Carolina:
William Hooper, Joseph Hewes, John Penn

South Carolina:
Edward Rutledge, Thomas Heyward, Jr., Thomas Lynch, Jr., Arthur Middleton

Georgia:
Button Gwinnett, Lyman Hall, George Walton

#34 2005-12-15 23:13:42

GCNRevenger

Wooooow, there is no possible way that any sapient human being could fake this, no way in heck.

#35 2005-12-15 23:44:24

sdc4
Banned

Wooooow, there is no possible way that any sapient human being could fake this, no way in heck.

The Sons of Liberty

In Boston in early summer of 1765 a group of shopkeepers and artisans who called themselves The Loyal Nine, began preparing for agitation against the Stamp Act. As that group grew, it came to be known as the Sons of Liberty. And grow it did! These were not the leading men of Boston, but rather workers and tradesmen. It was unseemly that they would be so agitated by a parliamentary act. Though their ranks did not include Samuel and John Adams, the fact may have been a result of a mutually beneficial agreement. The Adams' and other radical members of the legislature were daily in the public eye; they could not afford to be too closely associated with violence, neither could the secretive Sons of Liberty afford much public exposure. However, amongst the members were two men who could generate much public sentiment about the Act. Benjamin Edes, a printer, and John Gill of the Boston Gazette produced a steady stream of news and opinion. Within a very short time a group of some two thousand men had been organized under Ebenezer McIntosh, a South Boston shoemaker.

The first widely known acts of the Sons took place on August 14, 1765, when an effigy of Andrew Oliver (who was to be commissioned Distributor of Stamps for Massachusetts) was found hanging in a tree on Newbury street, along with a large boot with a devil climbing out of it. The boot was a play on the name of the Earl of Bute and the whole display was intended to establish an evil connection between Oliver and the Stamp Act. The sheriffs were told to remove the display but protested in fear of their lives, for a large crowd had formed at the scene. Before the evening a mob burned Oliver's property on Kilby street, then moved on to his house. There they beheaded the effigy and stoned the house as its occupants looked out in horror. They then moved to nearby Fort Hill were they built a large fire and burned what was left of the effigy. Most of the crowd dissipated at that point, however McIntosh and crew, then under cover of darkness, ransacked Oliver's abandoned home until midnight. On that evening it became very clear who ruled Boston. The British Militia, the Sheriffs and Justices, kept a low profile. No one dared respond to such violent force.

By the end of that year the Sons of Liberty existed in every colony. Their most popular objective was to force Stamp Distributors throughout the colonies to resign. The groups also applied pressure to any Merchants who did not comply with the non-importation associations. Wherever these groups existed they were either directed in secret by leading men in the community or actually lead by them. However, there were opportunists everywhere, too, who would use the name Sons of Liberty to carry out acts of revenge and other violence not related to the cause. For example, in South Carolina a group of sailors, calling themselves The Sons of Liberty, formed a mob to coerce money from people on the streets*. Such behavior could certainly undermine the cause, so the Sons spent a great deal of time policing themselves and pretenders. This was the origin on names such as "True Sons," and "True-born Sons" of Liberty.

The success of these movements in undermining the Stamp Act cannot be attributed to violence alone. Their most effective work was performed in newsprint. A great many of the Sons were printers and publishers themselves and even those who were not, were sympathetic to the cause. It was they who would pay the most in duties, after all. Nearly every newspaper in the colonies carried daily reports of the activities of the Sons. Accounts of the most dramatic escapades spread throughout the colonies. In one most remarkable incident, an account of the Virginia Stamp Act Resolutions was printed far and wide. It is not certain how many of the editors who reprinted it were aware of the status of the resolutions, but seven were printed, while only five actually passed (the fifth was in fact rescinded the day after adoption.) The ultimate effect of such propaganda was to embolden both citizens and Legislatures in every colony. When the Stamp Act became effective on the 1st of November, 1765, nearly all of these papers went right on publishing without the required Stamp.

In the early months of 1766 there was such chaos that many of the royal governors had gone into hiding. The Sheriffs and Militia that they might have counted on to keep the peace were mostly members of the Sons of Liberty. Governors were afraid to unlock the weapons stores. Few royal troops were available and they were vastly outnumbered in any case. The Sons of Liberty had displaced the royal government in nearly every colony. The Stamp Act Congress had concluded its business, but there was little hope that its petition to Gr. Britain would be heard. Correspondence between the various groups began, toward the mutual support and defense of the cause. It was expected that eventually British troops would land and attempt to reassert control. So it was that the first efforts to unite the colonies were not undertaken by their respective legislatures, but by these independent radical groups. The various Sons throughout the colonies began to correspond and develop a larger organization.

#36 2005-12-16 00:08:22

GCNRevenger

It is really possible - just as a philosophical argument - for an intelligent, bored individual(s) to invent the ISA and Rick as a super-troll hobby over the years? Can anyone cognitively functional come up with such off-the-wall and cognitively dissonant responses? And that website??

#37 2005-12-16 02:28:36

GCNRevenger

"World populations are growing expodentially, and at an International Space Agency meeting at the Carnegie Institute For International Studies in Washington, D.C. in 1992, the Delegation from China warned that projections were that China would reach a plateau around 2012/2013 in which it will no longer be able to feed or support its growing populations, even with technology advances. This problem is indeed a global problem as well. This Historic Meeting Was Censored By The United States Government, and CNN, ABC, NBC, and National Public Radio pulled out their reporters the very day of the Historic Meeting, in spite promises to be there."

Expodentially? Is that a new math word for "decreasing?" because that is what is actually happening you know. The population of the whole Earth will probobly hit seven billion, and then start to contract, especially in the developed world.

And actually, China already imports alot of food, they can't feed themselves even now and maintain the quality of their food supply. And frankly, nobody has yet seen what "technology" could REALLY do if the anti-GMO environmentalists were rightly branded as trators to the human race and pushed asside.

Historic meeting, blah blah... what actually happend is that some reporters who don't know anything about modern space agencies heard about the ISA, and then figured out it was actually a club run by a certifiable kook from Witchita out of his garage, and ski-dattled. Or else you just made it up.

Say, was your "delegation" just one random unoffical Chinese guy? Or maybe even a Chinese alternate personality!

"The International Space Agency is critical to humanitys future survivial, and people must wake up to the EVIL which has come against this Great Vision and Historic Effort. "

Wooo this is better then Xylene fumes!

#38 2005-12-16 02:34:30

Rxke

"The International Space Agency is critical to humanitys future survivial, "

Then we're truly doomed!

#39 2005-12-16 06:49:30

SpaceNut
Administrator

I  have been reading your posts International-Space-Agency and thou your claim is to be of a noble cause you must remember that when you blog under the ISA name. Writing in bold, colored text as well as flame individuals that you as a person and not the ISA organization do ill will to your own cause.

#40 2005-12-16 09:39:19

clark

What a sad, sad, little man.

Ricky, do you have family?

#41 2005-12-16 10:53:35

Rxke

Look now what you've done!!!

You made Clark , our CIA uncorruptable psychological-warfare AI, to evolve in a feeling, caring entity!!

Aaaargh! All those years of research! All those Billions!

Destroyed!

Cough, gahkh....

On a more serious note: I recently added 5 users to my ignorelist, and all of a sudden New Mars looks a lot more sane. A bit more boring perhaps, but...

#42 2005-12-16 15:38:09

Josh Cryer

You might note that those you added are no longer needed to be ignored as they are no longer with us. That is all that needs to be said on this matter.

Some useful links while MER are active. [url=http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/home/index.html]Offical site[/url] [url=http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/MM_NTV_Web.html]NASA TV[/url] [url=http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/mer2004/]JPL MER2004[/url] [url=http://www.spaceflightnow.com/mars/mera/statustextonly.html]Text feed[/url]
--------
The amount of solar radiation reaching the surface of the earth totals some 3.9 million exajoules a year.

#43 2005-12-24 12:29:52

bobwhite

You might note that those you added are no longer needed to be ignored as they are no longer with us. That is all that needs to be said on this matter.

Mr. Josh Cryer,

As a result of what I have seen here, past and present. I am withdrawing my support and membership to the Mars Society.  I have seen Mr. Dobson come here in the past with good ideas and with positive and beneficial posts, and each time he has been attacked and slandered "In Name", which is against your rules for this New Mars message board, and indeed against what the Mars Society is supposed to represent.  I seldom make posts because of the childish behavior which is ever present on message boards in general, but this time I cannot sit back and watch this, with out making a comment.

Firstly, I have met this Mr. Dobson at several space conferences and events.  I can say he is a very nice person with some very interesting ideas.  I have seen and heard people talk badly about Mr. Dobson behind his back at these events, which has included people from the Mars Society, and other visible people in the space community.  I do not agree with what is said about Mr. Dobson because it is not true.  I do not like the way people in the space community have mocked and belittled Mr. Dobson all these years.  I have lost respect for people in the space community who in the past I supported, mainly because of what I have seen them do and say about Mr. Dobson.  None of which I have seen as either true or based in fact.

Secondly, I have seen many false statements that the international space agency group is just Mr. Dobson.  This I know first hand not to be true, as I have met two of the other board members from the isa group.  They have expressed to me their concern at the depth and level of false information about Mr. Dobson which has been widely circulated through out the space community.  I have seen the websites for the isa group and last time I looked, all the isa board members are listed for all to see, including contact numbers and emails.

Lastly, the fact that Mr. Dobson, who is a bright and dedicated to the space cause and effort, has been treated in such a rude and disrespectful manner on the official message board for the Mars Society, and no administrator or Mars Society official put a stop to it, tells me that Mr. Dobson concerns about mistreatment by those of influence in the space community are valid.  The fact that the Mars Society does not actively police and control the New Mars message board, tells me one thing.  The Mars Society leadership does not deserve my support.  I will not support any organization or group that condones and supports such unprofessional slander and attacks on anyone, most notably the many attacks I have seen against Mr. Dobson here.  This is wrong, and is counter productive to an open and positive environment.  In any of the posts I have read here by Mr. Dobson or the isa group, have never been negative or did they attacked any person or group.  In fact, in every case I have seen Mr. Dobson or any isa supporter make a post here, and on other space message boards, there has been an onslaught of viscous and untrue attacks which has totally destroyed any constructive talk or discussion, and has only antagonized curt defensive replies by Mr. Dobson.  And from my point of view, rightly so!

Mars Society, please get your act together!

This is not becoming of the Mars Society, and it does not project a professional and open environment here.

All those who attacked and slandered Mr. Dobson should be banned, not Mr. Dobson.  Supporting the actions of such people is wrong and demeans anything good which the mars Society has done or accomplished.

I support what Mr. Dobson is proposing, and I agree that an international space agency organization is needed.  Let Mr. Dobson have his say with out all the slanderous attacks and name calling.

Concerned Mars Society Member,

Bob White

#44 2005-12-24 12:58:57

Rxke

Yawn.

#45 2005-12-24 15:10:49

Grypd

bobwhite or ISA 1 or ISA2 etc or International Space Agency or to give you your real name Frank Dobson.

Sir, I regret that the New Mars forums and the Mars society where forced by your own actions to bar you but you gave them no choice. You where allowed a lot of leeway but your continual abuses resulted in the moderators eventually having to act. Not only did you become extremely abusive on these forums but you also impersonated some of our most respected members and then sent abusive and threatening letters to no less a person than Dr Griffin the Nasa administrator. This could have lead to serious consequences for those members you impersonated. I do understand that some of our younger members did poke fun at you and lead to your outbursts increasing and on New Mars behalf I apologise but you must be aware that the abuse you gave even the innocent did lead to verbal reprisals. And your attempts to garner other information to carry on such attacks gave no choice to the moderators but to bar you. Impersonating a regular member called BWhite is again showing this as a reasonable action and I know it gave you pain but could you please stop this carrying on.

Sir, you obviously have problems and I wish you would seek some help. I am not in the USA but below here is a website below where you can seek some answers. I hope that you take this up and seek help and when you are healthier that you can come back to us and contribute properly again.

Help advice

Chan eil mi aig a bheil ùidh ann an gleidheadh an status quo; Tha mi airson cur às e.

#46 2005-12-24 17:31:41

Josh Cryer

Mr Bob White,

When three of my moderators, along with several more of my users complain about someone, I have no other choice but to take action. That is how things work here, a significant majority of users express a complaint, and I take action, otherwise you'll find New Mars one of the least demanding places on the internet with regards to acceptable behavior. I find it highly insulting to my intelligence to pretend that Dobison did not act in a highly rude and disrespectful manner, to the point of even breaking the rather high levels of tolerence we have here.

Take care,
Josh Cryer

Some useful links while MER are active. [url=http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/home/index.html]Offical site[/url] [url=http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/MM_NTV_Web.html]NASA TV[/url] [url=http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/mer2004/]JPL MER2004[/url] [url=http://www.spaceflightnow.com/mars/mera/statustextonly.html]Text feed[/url]
--------
The amount of solar radiation reaching the surface of the earth totals some 3.9 million exajoules a year.

#47 2005-12-30 00:00:15

GCNRevenger

Yaddah yaddah "Bob White,"

Ol' Rick actually threatend physical violence against another member on this board in one of the less prominant threads, which is pretty much grounds for a ban reguardless. I'm sure Rick can be a nice person, but if he can't be at least minimally civil, then his posting privilages should rightly be revoked. I think its pretty obvious that Rick Dobson is either A) actually insane, or B) a very, very bored troll. Either way, it is awfully hard to expect anyone to show him much respect. That includes you, Bob.

Oh, and it seems kinda odd that you use some of the same phraseology as ol' Rick did ("I have seen many false statements that the international space agency..."), and that you are seriously supporting the ISA is kind of beyond the pale (unless you are actually Rick), and how you kinda are asking for the wholesale banning of everyone that ridiculed him is pretty extreme... unless you are actually Rick who is being vindictive of course.

Oh, and those "board members?"
http://www.international-space-agency.org/pages/17/
-Michael J. McCarthy served in the USN. So did Rick.
-Schnider, Williamson, and Markov all work for the same company at the same office, and all the phone information is available from the company website or from online phone books.
-Rustam Rustamov is the head of an obscure former soviet space agency, and his pictures could just be "random slavic guy"
-Alexander Bolokin has come up with some certifiably crackpot stuff
-Liu Yonghua could just be "random asian guy"
-David Marker is "Presently Under Restricted Status", WTH? And he worked for the Breakthrough Propulsion group, and made "a comprehensive theory of Ungauged General Relativity" for antigravity.
......and those advisors?
-Dimitri Shats also posts personal information, but on his personal website there is no mention of the ISA at all.
-Eric Ho works for the same engineering company too, email points to an ISA account
-Rick Berkshire's email address points to an ISA account, and come on, Berkshire in Omaha? Berkshire Hathaway? Hello?
-Random Indian guy with the same capitalization wierdness as Rick

...What a lineup. Most all these folks probobly happen to be Rick's coworkers or ex Navy buddies, some made up, and some just picked out of a hat with Google. With the amount of effort put into the wacko ISA website, its author would have plenty of time to google most all this information anyway like I did.

Because I am not a crazy person, I am not going to try and contact any of these people and bother them about a crazy person going bonkers on an internet space message board. Kinda cute that Rick's models are suspended off the desk with coffee cups...

PS: That bit about mailing the NASA administrator using names from board members bold enough to post their real names is particularly eregorious.

Board footer