New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2002-10-18 19:03:50

Mark S
Banned

Re: Boeing "Bird of Prey" - One sweet-looking aircraft

http://www.space.com/news/wsc_prey_021018.html

I'm really excited about this Bird of Prey.  It's one of the most exotic-looking planes ever built.  As a technophile, I can appreciate all of the advanced technologies that were first tested on this plane (some of which probably haven't been acknowledged yet.)  I can't wait until we get the full story on this plane.

"I'm not much of a 'hands-on' evil scientist."--Dr. Evil, "Goldmember"

#2 2002-10-19 19:03:37

Phobos

Re: Boeing "Bird of Prey" - One sweet-looking aircraft

Bird of Prey?  Must be some trekkies, I mean, trekkers in charge of naming it. smile  That is a very unusual looking plane though with the stabilizer being on the bottom instead of the top (I think that's acting as the stabilizer) and the placement of the wings so far back on the fuselage.  I also like the way the wings angle off.  It almost looks like a bird flapping its wings.  It looks like something you'd see in a 1950's sci-fi comic book.

To achieve the impossible you must attempt the absurd

Board footer