New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2002-12-17 17:20:21

Palomar

Re: Newspaper Articles

*I received my quarterly Mars Society newsletter in the mail the other day.  Reprinted in it were two newspaper articles; the one below, from the NY Times [I had to register in order to retrieve the entire document], and the other ["From Utah to Mars"] in The Boston Globe.  However, the Boston Globe doesn't give freebies, and I'm not inclined to put a charge on my credit card in order to share it here [sorry...].

Read on, and enjoy...

http://query.nytimes.com/search....49C8B63

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#2 2004-05-10 14:38:29

nirgal2002
Banned

Re: Newspaper Articles

I know this is rather behind the times, but I haven't posted here until recently.  I was on that crew with the Times reporter, and it was the most fun I have had in my entire life.  The reporter was also a very gracious guest and didn't complain about the smell while there (good thing to, since we all stunk).   :bars3:   Anyway, there have been many excellent articles written about MDRS, surprisingly more than FMARS.

Board footer