New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#101 2004-06-07 22:40:31

Euler

Re: Bush and Mars and Re-election - Bush and Mars and Re-election

Actually, both the space station and the space shuttle were both originally part of a Mars plan (which also included a NTR space tug and a moon base).  Budget restrictions forced NASA to cut the rest of the Mars plan, so we are left with just the shuttle and space station.

#102 2004-06-08 09:06:13

GCNRevenger

The original space shuttle concept dating back to the pre-Apollo days, yes, i'm talking about the capital-letters "Space Shuttle" vehicle development that led to that black-white-and-brick millstone around our necks we have today.

The "just enough to keep Nasa afloat" space program that led to what we have today, fly for flying's sake, predates the Space Shuttle design.

[i]"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those that do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw[/i]

[i]The glass is at 50% of capacity[/i]

#103 2004-07-18 17:07:28

Yang Liwei Rocket

this is the problem, why is he saying he can put people on Mars, there are still many problems finances aren't so good, safety is now a problem and world economics ave caused other issues and their is now the cost of Iraq. Many are critical now of this plan, some have said it is actually a scheme designed to shut down the ISS and eliminate the space shuttle. It could also adversely effect future funding for NASA robotic missions. Top people have spoken out and a number have said it is nothing but a re-election scam

'first steps are not for cheap, think about it...
did China build a great Wall in a day ?' ( Y L R newmars forum member )

Board footer