New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#51 2004-09-24 18:38:45

Shaun Barrett

Re: War:  When Necessary/When Not - ?

Like most events in history WWII was, to a large extent, a series of unlikely accidents.
    The fact that Hitler even survived WWI was remarkable, having narrowly escaped death on several occasions. In 1916 he was injured by an exploding shell and in 1918 was almost blinded in a mustard gas attack.
    The fact that the Luftwaffe changed tactics in the autumn of 1940, switching from engaging the RAF to bombing London, wasn't because of any miscalculation of damage inflicted. In fact, despite significant losses on the German side, the RAF really was on its last legs. Another month or two of attacks on the radar installations and airstrips of southern England would have crippled British air power and possibly allowed the planned seaborne invasion of Britain to go ahead.
    But what happened next is a perfect illustration of why "no battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy", or in this case, contact with the British climate!
    Luftwaffe bombers were forbidden to drop bombs on London in 1940. (This was perhaps part of a forlorn hope on Hitler's part that Britain might later be persuaded to negotiate a peace settlement with Germany.) However, one German bomber got lost in the fog over southern England, ran low on fuel, feared a forced landing on enemy soil, decided to ditch its bombs to lighten the plane, and headed for home. Guess where the bombs fell? Incredible isn't it?!
    The British were outraged that the Germans had dropped bombs on civilians in London and a tit-for-tat bombing raid on Berlin followed. Even more outraged that the capital city of the much-vaunted Thousand Year Reich had been violated, Hitler abandoned his attacks on the RAF bases and began the massive bombing of British cities instead - the infamous "Blitz", as Londoners dubbed it.
    The RAF breathed a sigh of profound relief and regrouped. With still the biggest navy in the world, and with a reprieved air force, Britain was now safe from any serious attempt by Hitler to cross the channel.

I think we need to be careful, too, with interpreting Rudolf Hess's solo flight to Scotland in early 1941. There is no evidence at all that Hitler sent Hess on a covert mission to negotiate. In fact, most historians seem to favour the idea that Hess, who worshipped Hitler and wanted to impress him, probably planned the whole thing himself without his Fuhrer's knowledge.
    The fact that Hess was promptly locked up and spent the next half century in prison indicates to me that Hitler's dream of a negotiated settlement with Britain was just that .. a dream.

The word 'aerobics' came about when the gym instructors got together and said: If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it Jumping Up and Down.   - Rita Rudner

#52 2004-09-25 15:42:57

Grypd

In operation Sealion it had 3 stages, one was to gain air superiority. two was to bomb the British cities to create confusion and to reduce British command and control. Only then was the German army to come across. It may well be that the Luftwaffe high command believed it had reduced the British air force to the point that they had air superiority.

It has to be remembered that intelligence was usually garnered from accounts given by pilots and it would have been easy to believe that casualties on the British side where higher than actually where. Certainly photographs of the airfields that had been bombed where looking impressively damaged but unlike airfields of today most of these fields could be fixed by pushing ground into the craters and then steamrolled.

Chan eil mi aig a bheil ùidh ann an gleidheadh an status quo; Tha mi airson cur às e.

#53 2004-09-25 18:30:47

Martian Republic

Most of you people seem to have gotten the center part of the picture so I will fill in the before part. The Synarchist banker around the Rothschild were afraid of FDR and his German counterpart Hiemer Republic which had similar views of FDR. The economic system was coming apart and a good nation state type country will tend to defend the general welfare of it people instead of defending worthless and committing against it own people to defend that worthless paper. So Hiemer Republic was sacrificed to defend these banker control over staying in power and protect there worthless paper. Adolph Hitler was there man of the hour. The plan was to destroy Russia and bring Great Britain in on Germany's side and with the combine fleet of the British, French, Germans, Japanese, Italian would turn on the United States and destroy the United States. That the plan that Adolph Hitler thought everybody had agreed to. At least until Winston Churchill came in as Priminister that was the plan, then great double cross was on. Especially after he talked to FDR and laid down there plans to fight World War II. Now they didn't tell Hitler that the rule had changed and double cross was on, so he didn't know. It wasn't that Winston Churchill was nicer person then the people that set Hitler up in power in Germany, but he didn't want to be a Junior partner to the Nazi.

It was the same kind of double cross they did to Saddam Hussien. They set him up in power in Iraq and then they invaded him, because he a bad guy.

Larry,

#54 2004-09-25 20:39:17

Shaun Barrett

Quite right, MR!
    But CC has quoted the popular understanding of how that situation came about, rather than the actual truth of the matter. While the reptiloids of Alpha Draconis were certainly involved, it wasn't in the way so many of us believe. No psychic motivator ray was ever used.
    As revealed to me via telepathic transfer across interstellar space by the troglodytes of Beta Centauri 2, the Rothschilds actually were reptiloids from Alpha Draconis, bent on invading Earth by first weakening the world's economy.
    Churchill was in fact killed in 1900 during the Boer War. His bodily appearance was assumed by an undercover agent of the amphibian cephalopods of Epsilon Eridani 3. The switch was barely noticed and no suspicions were aroused - except on those occasions when he would slump in a chair and begin to resemble a bullfrog.

The rest, as they say, is history.

The word 'aerobics' came about when the gym instructors got together and said: If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it Jumping Up and Down.   - Rita Rudner

#55 2004-09-25 22:44:05

Trebuchet
Banned

Quite right, MR!
   But CC has quoted the popular understanding of how that situation came about, rather than the actual truth of the matter. While the reptiloids of Alpha Draconis were certainly involved, it wasn't in the way so many of us believe. No psychic motivator ray was ever used.
   As revealed to me via telepathic transfer across interstellar space by the troglodytes of Beta Centauri 2, the Rothschilds actually were reptiloids from Alpha Draconis, bent on invading Earth by first weakening the world's economy.
   Churchill was in fact killed in 1900 during the Boer War. His bodily appearance was assumed by an undercover agent of the amphibian cephalopods of Epsilon Eridani 3. The switch was barely noticed and no suspicions were aroused - except on those occasions when he would slump in a chair and begin to resemble a bullfrog.

Ha ha!

Martian Republic is out of his freakin' gourd. :laugh:

Then again, he doesn't realize that I'm your go-between with the Illuminati. big_smile

#56 2004-09-25 23:21:58

Martian Republic

Quite right, MR!

Ha ha!

Martian Republic is out of his freakin' gourd. :laugh:

Then again, he doesn't realize that I'm your go-between with the Illuminati. big_smile

Are you guys all reptiloids?  yikes

"Egod, I'm surrounded"!

I'm I the last remaining human on planet Earth?  ???

Stay tune until next week and find out.  tongue

Larry,

#57 2004-09-26 07:20:51

Palomar

Are you guys all reptiloids?  yikes

"Egod, I'm surrounded"!

*No, I'm not a reptiloid.  But then I'm not a guy either.

I'm one of those thin, fair, golden-haired beings dressed in shimmering silver with matching slippers one sees in sci-fi films when a peaceful, serene "alien" presence is required.

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#58 2004-09-26 07:56:42

Rxke

obligatory Simpsons quote:

'Alien' (actually Homer's boss...) :"I bring you loooove!"

crowd: "kill it! kill it!"

#59 2022-07-27 06:06:19

Mars_B4_Moon

Gun running is coming?

Nato and EU sound alarm over risk of Ukraine weapons smuggling
https://www.ft.com/content/bce78c78-b89 … d789b8aee8
Nato and EU states are pushing for better tracking of weapons supplied to Ukraine in response to fears that criminal groups are smuggling them out of the country and on to Europe’s black market.

“All these weapons land in southern Poland, get shipped to the border and then are just divided up into vehicles to cross: trucks, vans, sometimes private cars,” said one of the western officials. “And from that moment we go blank on their location and we have no idea where they go, where they are used or even if they stay in the country.”

The potential for US weapons sent to Ukraine to fall into the wrong hands is “among a host of considerations” given the “challenging situation” on the ground in the country, said Bonnie Denise Jenkins, US under secretary for arms control and international security, on Tuesday.

The issue of arms trafficking from Ukraine was discussed at a meeting of EU interior ministers this week, while on Monday the European Commission launched an “EU Support Hub” in neighbouring Moldova to provide expertise and co-operation to combat issues such as weapons smuggling.

Europol, the EU’s law enforcement agency, said in April that its investigations indicated that weapons trafficking from Ukraine into the bloc to supply organised crime groups had begun and was a potential threat to EU security.

#60 2022-08-10 04:47:36

Mars_B4_Moon

Tracking debris and space traffic a growing challenge for U.S. military

https://spacenews.com/tracking-debris-a … -military/

#61 2022-08-10 10:13:53

Mars_B4_Moon

Another head of Amnesty resigns due to disagreement with the report on the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/another- … 38373.html
Co-founder of the Swedish Division of Amnesty International Per Wästberg has announced that he is leaving his post because of the organisation’s scandalous report on the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

Source: Svenska Dagbladet and Expressen

Wästberg: "I have been a member (of the organisation – ed.) for almost sixty years. With a heavy heart, I am ending my long and fruitful cooperation because of Amnesty's statements about the war in Ukraine."

Details: He added that at the beginning of its existence, the group worked on the release of political prisoners, but it had gradually "expanded its mandate".

For reference: Wästberg became a founder of the Swedish branch of Amnesty International in 1963. From 1976-1982, he was editor-in-chief of Sweden's largest daily newspaper Dagens Nyheter. Wästberg is also a member of the Nobel Prize Committee for Literature.

Background:

On 4 August, human rights organisation Amnesty International stated in its report that the Ukrainian military is endangering the civilian population. However, the document did not say a word about the crimes of the invaders.

The President’s Office said that the lives of Ukrainians are threatened only by the Russian army and it denounced the selectivity of Amnesty International.

The Head of the Ukrainian office Oksana Pokalchuk left her post after the organisation's scandalous report.

Amnesty International's central office stated that it regretted the "suffering and anger" caused by its statement.

Board footer