New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#201 2003-09-09 13:20:57

clark

Re: Apropos of Nothing

I didn't go that far.

#202 2003-09-09 13:39:28

Josh Cryer

You didn't travel ten years into the future?

Some useful links while MER are active. [url=http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/home/index.html]Offical site[/url] [url=http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/MM_NTV_Web.html]NASA TV[/url] [url=http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/mer2004/]JPL MER2004[/url] [url=http://www.spaceflightnow.com/mars/mera/statustextonly.html]Text feed[/url]
--------
The amount of solar radiation reaching the surface of the earth totals some 3.9 million exajoules a year.

#203 2003-09-09 13:44:18

clark

No, just a couple months.

#204 2003-09-09 13:49:39

Josh Cryer

Did Bush get reelected, or is Hillary our new president?

Some useful links while MER are active. [url=http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/home/index.html]Offical site[/url] [url=http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/MM_NTV_Web.html]NASA TV[/url] [url=http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/mer2004/]JPL MER2004[/url] [url=http://www.spaceflightnow.com/mars/mera/statustextonly.html]Text feed[/url]
--------
The amount of solar radiation reaching the surface of the earth totals some 3.9 million exajoules a year.

#205 2003-09-09 13:55:33

clark

Hillary is not our new president.

#206 2003-09-10 04:34:12

sethmckiness
Banned

If I knew Bush wasn't go to be re-elected. I would be much more inclined to re-enlist!

We are only limited by our Will and our Imagination.

#207 2003-09-10 12:06:43

clark

free the little people!

#208 2003-09-10 19:43:28

Shaun Barrett

Clark:-

free the little people!

Beware speaking idly of the Little People, you wretched worshipper of stuffed toys!
    King Brian of the Leprechauns is not to be trifled with by idolaters who insult the power of the ancient Celtic spirits with foolish abandon.
    Stay your ignorant arrogant tongue, you spawn of a toad, lest King Brian stuff your stuffed toy up your ... nose .., by way of retribution!

The word 'aerobics' came about when the gym instructors got together and said: If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it Jumping Up and Down.   - Rita Rudner

#209 2003-09-10 20:23:27

Palomar

Beware speaking idly of the Little People, you wretched worshipper of stuffed toys!
    King Brian of the Leprechauns is not to be trifled with by idolaters who insult the power of the ancient Celtic spirits with foolish abandon.
    Stay your ignorant arrogant tongue, you spawn of a toad, lest King Brian stuff your stuffed toy up your ... nose .., by way of retribution!

*How does King Brian of the Leprechauns feel about Lucky Charms cereal?  You know:  "Frosted Lucky Charms, they're magically delicious!"...with its leprechaun spokesman.

I think Bill O'Reilly looks like a leprechaun.  Of course, he's Irish.

And yeah, Clark, you better be careful about your insults -- deliberate or otherwise.  Unless you want a good arse kicking by those fellows with sparkly green curly-toed shoes!   :angry:   

--Cindy   :laugh:

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#210 2003-09-11 08:55:46

clark

Very well, after much consideration, and under great duress, enslave the little people!

Now, back to the floorboards and darkened closets with the lot of you. Frummpers is watching!

#211 2003-09-12 06:04:59

Palomar

John Ritter Dies.  Aw!  sad

*Wow, what a shock.  I adored him so much as "Jack Tripper" on 3's Company.  He should have had another 20 years at least. 

--Cindy

::EDIT::  That link is not working.  Try again:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm....cid=716

My favorite scene in 3's Company was when Chrissy and Jack were accidentally handcuffed together and couldn't find the key.  Jack had a "hot date" that night, and poor Chrissy got dragged along to the bar with him.  Mayhem!  smile

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

#212 2003-09-13 12:29:36

Palomar

*Dr. Phil, Dr. Phil!  I am so sick and tired of "Dr. Phil"!

Thanks for nothing, Oprah. 

Ugh, I hate that guy.  He thinks he knows everything; what a megalomaniac.

I'm visualizing his face on a DARTBOARD.

--Cindy

#213 2003-09-13 12:41:23

Spider-Man
Banned
Website

I know, John Ritter, I can't believe it...  And Ritter in German means "knight"...
Fare thee well, dear knight; may you find your peace in eternal rest.

And I agree; Dr. Phil is a nuissance anymore.  It's a good thing I don't watch TV except for a couple good shows.

#214 2003-09-14 03:41:02

sethmckiness
Banned

ACK! Somewhere we went horribly wrong..

We are only limited by our Will and our Imagination.

#215 2003-09-14 06:59:23

Shaun Barrett

Lucky Charms cereal?
    LUCKY CHARMS CEREAL, IS IT?!!!!

Don't be mentioning that filthy sticky breakfast food in the same breath as you speak the proud name of Brian, King of the Leprechauns!
    Much and all as I'm fond of you, Cindy, and hold you in high regard, I cannot long stay the wrath of the Little People if you persist in this reckless folly of disrespect. Say no more now, lest you would invite the same fate upon yourself as awaits that impudent blackguard with the rag-bag rabbit!!! (Or tawdry teddy, or repulsive rodent, or whatever else he thinks it looks like! )
    A dozen wailing screaming banshees will soon decend upon him and his fluffy idol and carry them both off to a place of eternal darkness and torment!
    And don't be telling me you weren't warned!!  :angry:

The word 'aerobics' came about when the gym instructors got together and said: If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it Jumping Up and Down.   - Rita Rudner

#216 2003-09-14 10:11:45

Palomar

Lucky Charms cereal?
    LUCKY CHARMS CEREAL, IS IT?!!!!

Don't be mentioning that filthy sticky breakfast food in the same breath as you speak the proud name of Brian, King of the Leprechauns!
    Much and all as I'm fond of you, Cindy, and hold you in high regard, I cannot long stay the wrath of the Little People if you persist in this reckless folly of disrespect. Say no more now, lest you would invite the same fate upon yourself as awaits that impudent blackguard with the rag-bag rabbit!!!
    A dozen wailing screaming banshees will soon decend upon him and his fluffy idol and carry them both off to a place of eternal darkness and torment!
    And don't be telling me you weren't warned!!  :angry:

*A thousand beg-pardons to His Majesty, Brian:  King of the Leprechauns!  {{curtsies deeply and reverently}}

Forsooth!  I meant no insult, either with regards to Lucky Charms cereal or Bill O'Reilly.   sad

I hereby honor King Brian by playing my "Handel:  Coronation Anthems" on my CD player!

--Cindy

Leprechauns are good people!  Right, LepreShaun?   smile

#217 2003-09-14 22:07:11

Shaun Barrett

Well now, Cindy, that's better.
    You, I think, have redeemed yourself by retracting your irreverence just in the nick of time. In fact, His Majesty King Brian, ever the jovial and forgiving monarch to those who show the proper deference, has expressed pleasure at the playing of "Coronation Anthems" in his honour.
    As a token of special Royal Favour, he bestows upon you honorary membership of 'The Ancient Order of the Little People', an honour not extended to another living soul since King Brian received and entertained Benjamin Franklin in the Emerald Isle over two hundred years ago! [And before that, not since he drank Julius Caesar under the table during negotiations which resulted in their firm friendship and an agreement by Rome not to invade Ireland! ]
    You've evidently struck a chord in His Majesty's heart, Cindy. But then, why not? Is King Brian not a green-blooded and true son of Ireland, with whiskey in his cup, music in his soul, and a glint in his eye for a winsome wench?!!

As for that recalcitrant reprobate with the distasteful, downy deity, his fate is as good as sealed unless he too repents.

#218 2003-09-15 04:53:17

Josh Cryer

I saw that about John Ritter. sad

RIP

--------

#219 2003-09-15 09:28:42

clark

Your siren songstress arrived, and Frummpers, the Great Teddy Bear God merely guided them in a lovely lullaby medley of Silent Night, bringing happy dreams and snuggly bed-byes to all the boys and girls.

Frummpers is not afraid of the little green men, and looks forward to tickling their tummies, while dancing to the tune of their giggly laughter.

Frummpers will even bring his own violin, so the shamrock charlatans bear-ware!

#220 2003-09-15 10:02:15

Palomar

Well now, Cindy, that's better.
    You, I think, have redeemed yourself by retracting your irreverence just in the nick of time. In fact, His Majesty King Brian, ever the jovial and forgiving monarch to those who show the proper deference, has expressed pleasure at the playing of "Coronation Anthems" in his honour.
    As a token of special Royal Favour, he bestows upon you honorary membership of 'The Ancient Order of the Little People', an honour not extended to another living soul since King Brian received and entertained Benjamin Franklin in the Emerald Isle over two hundred years ago! [And before that, not since he drank Julius Caesar under the table during negotiations which resulted in their firm friendship and an agreement by Rome not to invade Ireland! ]
    You've evidently struck a chord in His Majesty's heart, Cindy. But then, why not? Is King Brian not a green-blooded and true son of Ireland, with whiskey in his cup, music in his soul, and a glint in his eye for a winsome wench?!!

*Whoa.  Not since Benjamin Franklin and Julius Caesar??   yikes

I had a dream about Ireland around 3 - 4 years ago.  I'd been studying Irish lore -- folk legends, pagan Celtic spiritualist themes -- etc.  Quite intense.

One night I dreamed I was walking along the west coast of Ireland, heading northward.  I could hear the sounds of ocean waves crashing onto rocks below, to my left.  I was barefoot, and could distinctly feel the cool, damp, and lush grass underfoot.  A very fine, cool mist was always pressing against my face.  In the distance, towards the horizon, was a glowing band of faint mauve-colored light.  I walked and walked for hours; it was a very realistic dream.  When I woke up, I was honestly surprised that my feet were dry and clean (no grassblades sticking to them) under the blankets.  Throughout the remainder of the day I felt very relaxed and refreshed.

It was one of the coolest dreams I've ever had.  Thanks, Little People!

--Cindy

#221 2003-09-15 14:32:54

George H

Hi Cindy!! I wonder, as much as your into it, have you dreamed about Voltaire & other thing's from that time??

@-}----
@-}------
   @-}-----
     @-}------

Your still my favourite Martian   smile

#222 2003-09-15 16:33:03

Josh Cryer

George, you have nothing on the chivalry of Spider-Man, just give up my friend. big_smile

In other news, the 9th court in Califronia is saying to delay recall. smile

Bush vs. Gore... redux? smile

So funny.

--------

#223 2003-09-15 18:16:51

Shaun Barrett

Cindy:-

It was one of the coolest dreams I've ever had. Thanks, Little People!

Some people regard dreams that lucid as astral travel, an out-of-body experience. My elder son is going through a 'spiritual phase' at the moment and would be quite sure you were in Ireland that night! Or at least he would tell you your consciousness was there, minus your physical self.
    I'm not so sure of everything as to feel confident enough to write off such beliefs. "There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
                                        :;):

Clark:-

... so the shamrock charlatans bear-ware!

Many a foolish man has dismissed the Little People with equal abandon. None has ever done so with impunity. Have a care now ... watch your step!
                                          yikes

#224 2003-09-15 20:10:10

Algol

<------- Look! Ive got an Avatar, ive never had one before  cool

Im gonna sit here and stare at it for a while, just in case it does something cool and avatarish!  tongue

#225 2003-09-15 23:24:02

Spider-Man
Banned
Website

One night I dreamed I was walking along the west coast of Ireland, heading northward.  I could hear the sounds of ocean waves crashing onto rocks below, to my left.  I was barefoot, and could distinctly feel the cool, damp, and lush grass underfoot.  A very fine, cool mist was always pressing against my face.  In the distance, towards the horizon, was a glowing band of faint mauve-colored light.  I walked and walked for hours; it was a very realistic dream.  When I woke up, I was honestly surprised that my feet were dry and clean (no grassblades sticking to them) under the blankets.  Throughout the remainder of the day I felt very relaxed and refreshed.

What a fantastic dream!  That's so delightful; I'd love to have a dream like that...

@-}----
@-}------
   @-}-----
     @-}------

Your still my favourite Martian   smile

How very sweet. *Smiles.*
Personally, she's my favorite lunar goddess.

George, you have nothing on the chivalry of Spider-Man, just give up my friend.

*Laughs.* How flattering!

Well, how can one help himself, how can any of us help ourselves when presented, inspired with such intelligent, entrancing, dianic, truly, feminine wisdom?

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Nice, one of my favorites, when Hamlet isn't crazy anymore...

Indeed, for those interested, look into Karl Jung's psychological philsophy.  I prefer him greatly to Sigmund Freud (both were Swiss and contemporaries to one another), for his emphasis on spirituality and wisdom and the beauty of the human being as an interconnected life force, as opposed strongly to Freud's antifeministic misogynism, belittlement of inner self, and opium-induced, lunatic, archaic idiosyncratical idiocies.
I think Jung still uses too many stereotypes and anachronisms, but at least he doesn't have "penis envy" ? probably the dumbest contrivence ever in the history of psychiatric medicine.

Board footer