New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: We've recently made changes to our user database and have removed inactive and spam users. If you can not login, please re-register.

#1 2017-09-07 11:11:24

CmdrHawkeyez

Take On Mars - A SIM !

Hello,

I just bought this game and like it alot !

I figured out a few problems with the hardcore area and will be live streaming on my twitch channel cmdrhawkeyez about trying to create a good meaningful SIM for it.

I find the game very useful as it has a few areas like tutorials and a campaign that you can send exploration vehicles to Mars and get achievement rewards on STEAM.

I recommend this game for learning about MARS !

Hawkeyez

Follow Me On Twitch.Tv : CmdrHawkeyez

#2 2017-09-07 15:58:10

SpaceNut
Administrator

Re: Take On Mars - A SIM !

Not much of a game or sim player but welcome to new mars.

#3 2017-12-29 13:28:48

Number04

Re: Take On Mars - A SIM !

A game that I really enjoyed that was Mars centric was Offworld Trading Company. While not STEM focused, it is a game about using economics and markets to win. It has some novel game play that I think is beneficial on two fronts

• The economic game play is used instead of war and violence. This creates a tone that space exploration can exists without the need for violent conflict. Violence is possible in the game, but the core is about making money. 

• Funding a Mars colony is a debated topic at the moment, and this game explores the theme of resource extraction as a way to justify Martian exploration. 

If you are a fan of strategy games, I would check it out.

Board footer