New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#26 2021-01-30 08:04:13

tahanson43206

Re: Slow Glass Individualized Service on Mars or Anywhere

For SpaceNut ... there are no new items in NewMarsMember * gmail.com

This is a weekend at Naples Pier, so I would expect a generous crowd.  For that reason, I am surprised to see only a few guests on the pier at 9 AM local time.
Temperature is showing as 57 degrees Fahrenheit, which may be a factor. There is a modest breeze coming off the Gulf of Mexico.

There is activity at both ocean entrances to the Panama Canal this morning.

(th)

#27 2021-01-30 09:18:32

SpaceNut
Administrator

Not all that surprised to have a low turn out for membership once we wanted a get to know why you would and how you might help Newmars as a gateway to becoming a member.
Its sunny here in NH but its cold with only a topping on snow on the ground which is not our normal winter months.

#28 2021-02-03 09:10:05

tahanson43206

For SpaceNut ... GW Johnson sent an email to NewMarsMember * gmail.com as a test. 

Naples Pier is showing a bright sunny day with decent breezes and fair waves.  This time there are a couple of surfers out on the Gulf.  Temperature is brisk, at 46 degrees Fahrenheit at 10:06 local time.

There are a few guests on the pier, and one walking on the beach.

The Cocoli Locks at Panama have activity.
The snow at Kitt Peak is nearly gone

Vancouver's webcam just started to show today's vista ... The sky is unusually clear (for Vancouver).  The bay is well stocked with waiting freighters.

(th)

#29 2021-02-03 18:26:58

SpaceNut
Administrator

Nice proves that spammers are BOT reading to login for the most part and not human.

For me the warm images are a delight as its gotten cold and snowy here....

#30 2021-02-03 18:58:37

tahanson43206

For SpaceNut re #29

News reports of snowfall in your area have been daunting.  The anchor for a New York news program I try to catch each evening broadcast from home due being "snowed in".  The "modern" Covid related Internet communications services are nice to have as a backup in a situation like that.

Speaking of such changes ... I heard a business analysis in the past day or so, predicting that business air travel is likely never to rebound fully after the change fo video conferencing.  There might still be a need for the occasional personal visit, but I don't see the need for it in many if not most cases.

(th)

#31 2021-02-03 19:21:12

SpaceNut
Administrator

Many more employees are as well attempting to telework but much of our jobs still require manual labor or hands on to get things accomplished...
The snow is still coming later in the week as well...

#32 2021-02-06 10:29:31

tahanson43206

Today is the Sol before New Year's Eve on Mars, but few Earth folks are aware of the event.  It holds in the Astronomical Calendar as well as the Business Calendar being pioneered right here in the NewMars forum.

On Earth, the Naples Pier is moderately well attended ... today is a weekend day on Earth.  Temperature is 80 degrees Fahrenheit, according to the webcam. Skies are cloudy, with small patches of blue here and there. Local time is 11:24 AM, and there is no direct sunlight.  Everyone on the pier and on the beach is covered.  My guess is that warnings about UV radiation must be active.  Waves are small and breezes light.

The Pedro Miquel locks are quite in Panama.  All today's traffic are (no doubt) midway between the oceans.

Skies are overcast in Vancouver as well, but at least it's not raining, although streets are wet.

Skies are clear at Kitt Peak.

(th)

#33 2021-05-18 22:06:15

SpaceNut
Administrator

#34 2022-04-09 16:20:57

SpaceNut
Administrator

bump

Board footer