New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#51 2004-05-18 17:42:33

clark

Re: Happy Birthday Dr. Smith- Nov. 6th

a very happy un-birthday to you, till then.  big_smile

#52 2004-05-25 12:09:32

Rxke

Happy Birthday, Earthfirst!

Blow 'em candles, and keep up that sense of wacky humor, Yihaa!

#53 2004-05-26 23:55:20

Mundaka
Banned

neutral

Macte nova virtute, sic itur ad astra

#54 2004-05-28 07:24:49

Shaun Barrett

Oh boy, looks like I've really been sleeping on the job lately!   :sleep:   sad

For the second year running, I've managed to overlook Cindy's birthday, on the 18th of this month!
    I think I neglected to wish Rik a happy birthday a while back, too!
    I ignored Rex's big day on the 26th of March!
    Then I forgot C M Edwards on the 1st of April!
    And I sailed blithely through the 25th of May without giving Earthfirst's birthday a single thought!

To all those I've slighted in this careless manner, I offer my apologies and the excuse that I've had a few things on my mind recently.
    Oh .. and I also offer this:-

A VERY HAPPY, THOUGH BELATED, BIRTHDAY!!!
             AND MANY HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY!!

:band:    smile

The word 'aerobics' came about when the gym instructors got together and said: If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it Jumping Up and Down.   - Rita Rudner

#55 2004-05-28 11:17:30

Palomar

*Who's the birthday boy in June? 

A few hints:

Near NZ
(Sub?)tropics
Visited Great Pyramid in Egypt as a kid
"Which is sharper, A or B?"
Lived in England for a decade or thereabouts

--Cindy  smile

::EDIT::  Happy birthday to ANTIcarrot.!

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#56 2004-05-29 12:49:14

Rxke

Wowza... Busy Birthday period!

This one goes out to ANTIcarrot, assumed vitamin-loather, but above all, spirited poster, keeping the Mars-fire burning!

Here's to you, ANTIcarrot!

:band:  :band:

#57 2004-06-20 22:24:43

Palomar

*Who's the birthday boy in June? 

A few hints:

Near NZ
(Sub?)tropics
Visited Great Pyramid in Egypt as a kid
"Which is sharper, A or B?"
Lived in England for a decade or thereabouts

*Happy Birthday to Shaun on June 21!  smile

Hope your day is groovy and "far out!"   :;):

--Cindy  :band:

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

#58 2004-06-20 22:55:35

Josh Cryer

Wow, he's a geezer!! Just kidding Shaun old boy. Erm, not old. Um. Just kidding, friend. Seriously. smile

Happy Birthday! May you have another 49 more!

Some useful links while MER are active. [url=http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/home/index.html]Offical site[/url] [url=http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/MM_NTV_Web.html]NASA TV[/url] [url=http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/mer2004/]JPL MER2004[/url] [url=http://www.spaceflightnow.com/mars/mera/statustextonly.html]Text feed[/url]
--------
The amount of solar radiation reaching the surface of the earth totals some 3.9 million exajoules a year.

#59 2004-06-21 00:03:38

Rxke

Happy Birthday Shaun!

*Shhh! They're going to launch a rocketplane to the frontier of space in celebration to his birthday, so I've heard! But don't tell him, it's supposed to be a surprize... :;):

Just make sure he doesn't try to blow out THAT candle!

(Confused with the dateline/GMT PST AST stuff... Here it's  08.00 AM, duno what time it is in Australia...  )

#60 2004-06-21 07:55:22

Shaun Barrett

I've said it before and I'll say it again: You're all a great bunch of people and I'm honoured to know you.
                                     cool

Thanks very much for taking the time and trouble to send birthday wishes to 'an old geezer' ( ... thanks a lot, Josh!  :laugh:  ) !!

At least Cindy managed to resist the temptation to be .. erm, how shall we put this .. impolite .. about my advanced years! At my age, I'm grateful for small mercies.
                                                  :;):

And yes, Rik, I will try to be careful about which candles I blow out!
                                              tongue

The word 'aerobics' came about when the gym instructors got together and said: If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it Jumping Up and Down.   - Rita Rudner

#61 2004-06-21 15:57:32

Palomar

(Confused with the dateline/GMT PST AST stuff... Here it's  08.00 AM, duno what time it is in Australia...  )

*Don't mean to take this off-topic, just giving this to Rik (and anyone else who might find it useful):

http://www.worldtimezone.com/]World Time Zone Clock

--Cindy

#62 2004-06-22 00:50:07

Rxke

Heehee, thank Cindy, but it was just a case of not being clearly awake... I overslept, that's all...

#63 2004-06-29 23:54:04

Rxke

Happy Birthday, Robert Dyck!

It is great to have you on this board, as it is obvious you're a true Mars-lover, with quite some knowledge and involvement in 'The Case,' to boot!

Keep up the splendid job!

#64 2004-06-30 05:47:19

Palomar

*Happy Birthday Robert Dyck...our resident Mr. Spock!   :;):

Enjoy the cake and ice cream!

--Cindy

#65 2004-06-30 07:31:26

Shaun Barrett

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROBERT!!!   :band:

Boy, that felt good! I've been missing so many birthdays lately, I've suspected the early onset of Alzheimer's Disease.
                                             yikes

Anyhow, I agree with the other posts; you are indeed a very highly valued member of New Mars, Robert. Your detailed knowledge in so many areas is a great asset for all of us when tricky topics arise. Long may you remain with us and ... hmm .. there was something else .. Oh yeah! ....

Kick up your heels and party hard!!   tongue   big_smile

#66 2004-07-08 04:17:25

Rxke

Happy Birthday, Rstones8!

:band:

Hope your studies going well, we'll need more people like you, in the near future!

#67 2004-07-25 07:49:02

Shaun Barrett

Happy Birthday Darkangel_neptune!!

:band:     smile

When I was your age, 15, my parents knew absolutely nothing. By the time I reached 21, I was astounded at how much they'd learned in only 6 years!    big_smile

The outstanding memory of my 15th birthday was watching a television broadcast of Brazil beating Italy 4 - 1 in the World Cup Final in Mexico. The Brazilian, Pele, the greatest soccer player the world has ever seen, was in the star-studded trophy-winning team that year. It was pure magic!
    I hope you have a wonderful 15th birthday, too!   smile

#68 2004-07-25 14:47:31

Rxke

Happy Birthday, DarkAngel_Neptune!

(Oh Boy... I suddenly realise i can't remember my 15th year at all... Have to look it up...)

Oh... 1985:
-Discovery of the Titanic wreckage, hey I remember that! big_smile
-The bombing of the Greenpeace ship by the French secret police... Boy that was a scandal!
-Bush 1 announcing 1st teacher in space, Christa McAuliffe! Remember that too... Sadly she died in the Challenger explosion a year later... sad

#69 2004-07-25 18:59:04

Palomar

*Yes, happy birthday darkangel_neptune.  smile

---

Well, since Shaun and Rik have already offered:  On my 15th birthday the Washington State volcano named Mt. Saint Helens erupted.  A rather catastrophic event for folks in proximity!  I remember scenes from TV news of hundreds (probably thousands) of pine trees near the blast area stripped bare and flatted onto the ground like toothpicks.  :-\  I can't recall how many unfortunate persons lost their lives. 

--Cindy

#70 2004-07-28 03:58:31

Rxke

Happy Birthday, dicktice!

But... 79? Another joke of the Gentle Troll™ ?

Anyway, traditions must be followed, so:

Aaaah, 79, the age of youthful innocence... Long ago, when I was your age -you young whippersnapper- I used to...  :hm:  Errrrm, waidaminute... D'oh, nevermind! big_smile

#71 2004-07-28 04:46:27

Palomar

*Happy birthday, dicktice!  Glad to see you decided to join the Birthday Club.  Hope your day is groovy.  smile

--Cindy

P.S.:  Let's see:  Shaun just turned 49, dicktice turned 79 today, I turned 39 a few months ago:  Next year will be "interesting" for all 3 us (?)  yikes

#72 2004-07-28 07:34:40

Shaun Barrett

Yes, Happy Birthday, Dicktice!!
                        :band:       smile

79, eh?  I'm afraid you may have to accept that late middle age is almost upon you and you may have to give some thought to taking things a little easier ... in ten or twenty years time!!!

So party hard while the partying's good!   :laugh:

#73 2004-08-03 01:21:54

Rxke

A double birthday! Yay!

Happy birthday, Mundaka an Adrian!

#74 2004-08-03 05:50:23

Palomar

*Happy birthday Adrian -- you old bat.  :;):

Happy birthday to Mundaka -- don't be a stranger.

--Cindy  smile

#75 2004-08-04 05:09:27

Palomar

*Happy birthday Josh!  (his birthday is the day after Adrian's...conspiracy?  :hm: )

And lzrdking!

--Cindy  smile

Board footer