New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#301 2016-12-12 23:53:40

Tom Kalbfus
Banned

Re: Politics

RobertDyck wrote:

Well, in Canada education is a provincial responsibility. We don't have a federal education department. I think Homeland Security has gone way too far. You could separate out border security and immigration, like they were before. In Canada housing and urban development is also provincial responsibility, we don't have a federal one. So I wouldn't have a problem with your country doing that. But the Department of Energy handles nuclear weapons. Atomic Energy Defense Activities have a budget of $19.001 billion for 2016, the rest is $5.34 billion. According to the budget poster, which gets its figures from the President's budget request.

Nuclear weapons are weapons, thus it belongs with the Defense Department. We could transfer the facilities and employees over to the Defense Department. and to do research on fusion, that could be transferred to the National Science Foundation, as for all the regulation the Energy Department does, that could be transferred to the States, though I think the States should tread lightly here! Pollution is not an energy concern but an environmental concern. I don't think we need a post office anymore, we can privatize that.

#302 2016-12-13 11:14:55

GW Johnson
Website

"Nuclear weapons are weapons, thus it belongs with the Defense Department." -- complete bullshit,  the contrary already proven by history.  Here,  and in Russia.

It's not the soldiers that know how to build bombs and reactors,  it's the scientists and the engineers,  the very folk the military doesn't want to recruit.  In the US,  we set up the AEC (as it was originally) for the scientists and engineers to create the materials,  and from them,  the bombs and reactors.  These were then given to the military to use.  The Russians did similar with their "Institutes" for this-and-that.

It's a mindset thing,  with a heavy dose of tradition.  The two functions (creation and use) have to be separate,  done by people who think differently.

With the end of the AEC,  we had to create DOE to do that same job.  It has other things to do,  but that is still its primary function. 

All the right-wing and alt-right propaganda about how useless the DOE is,  is bullshit.  A lot of it is disinformation-for-profit coming from overseas,  or disinformation from the Russians trying to weaken us with internal dissension.  I am surprised and disappointed that you fell for it.

GW

GW Johnson
McGregor,  Texas

"There is nothing as expensive as a dead crew,  especially one dead from a bad management decision"

#303 2016-12-16 18:02:09

Void

Do you remember what the Russians did for us in the Civil War?  Do you remember what the Russians did for us in WWII?

Times change.  This is not the time you are preparing for.  The Russians desperately need friends, not enemies. 

Don't be so yesterday.

Done.

#304 2016-12-17 21:52:48

GW Johnson
Website

Tom:

I do not believe you actually understood what I wrote.  Your "analysis" has little or nothing to do with what I wrote!  You might want to listen to something other than Faux News or that 24/7 cable nonsense,  now and then.  Your vision might then clear enough to actually see and read what someone else has written.

I SAID I didn't like either one of them:  not Trump,  not Clinton.  I don't much care for either major party,  either.  Both value political wins above the good of the country.  And I really DO consider THAT to be treason. 

GOP taxation policy is based on trickle-down economics,  which has proven to be an utter lie since the time of Reagan and the right-wing takeover of the GOP,  3 decades ago.  Actually,  we've known it was BS a lot longer than that.  Democratic overspending policy is also BS.  What needs to be done is in between those poles,  and there is much room for experimentation,  as those poles are very far apart.  Driven there for over-hyped politicking.

Russian hacking is confirmed.  I'm NOT INTERESTED in changing the election outcome.  But if hostile foreign powers interfered trying to sway voters,  and I believe they did,  then I want them to suffer for it,  once we are sure about it.  That's Putin's Russia.  Putin preferred Trump over Clinton,  because he thinks he can deal with,  or manipulate,  Trump,  and he knew that wild-card "populist" Trump would spread chaos.  He knew he could not manipulate or deal with Clinton. 

Russian false news / disinformation is both confirmed,  and long known to be a standard practice of theirs.  The US is but the latest victim,  this has been going on in Europe for many years now.  It has provoked the rise of "tear it all down" (to misuse an old word) "populists" there,  and now here.  Disruption and chaos makes us weaker,  less able to resist Russian ambitions.  Or Iranian.  Or Chinese.  Or North Korean.  THAT'S what Putin wants.

There's no doubt that the US helped influence the revolt in Ukraine that replaced a Putin stooge with an anti-Putin incompetent.  There's also no doubt that Putin personally directed Russian troops in eastern Ukraine attempting the pro-Russian revolt there.  That same crowd led by that same Putin bear responsibility for shooting down that airliner.  We have the photos and the emails to prove all of this.  But our government is proving too feckless to make use of that data to discredit Putin in public.

McCarthy?  I remember McCarthy.  I thought he was a dangerous asshole then,  and that seems to be the general consensus in recent decades.  He ruined people's lives for political gain.  Evil person.  So too were the ones who let him get away with it so long. 

I also remember that in the 1960's the conservative southern Democrats left the Democratic party and went to the Republican party.  These were the far-right-wing racists who for half a century had imposed Jim Crow and KKK-type violence.  They still do try to do these evils,  and have recently come out of the woodwork,  as Republicans.  The GOP has NOT been the party of Lincoln since the robber baron / gilded age. 

Problem is,  since not long after WW2,  the Democrats have turned out to be just as evil.  Both lie,  cheat,  and steal to perpetuate the giant corporate welfare state,  run by the rich giants who own them.  The political agendas have become meaningless except as distractions to keep the people diverted from knowing what is being done to them.  Bread-and-circuses.  Nothing more.

As you can see,  I think both major parties have idiotic agendas,  and both do a lot of evil.  Your "conservatism" is the same kind of evil hogwash as that of the "liberals" that I see you despise.  Different slogans,  same evil.

So there.

GW

Last edited by GW Johnson (2016-12-17 22:16:38)

GW Johnson
McGregor,  Texas

"There is nothing as expensive as a dead crew,  especially one dead from a bad management decision"

#305 2016-12-20 18:06:28

SpaceNut
Administrator

Agreed he is the select president that carries the weight of act still as this suggests likely behavior once taking the pledge to up hold the laws of our nation and more.

Free air broadcast of propoganda is not the same as hacking into another computer, databases theft or corruption, registry changing, skewing of poll data, posting of false news articles in print of web sites, changing votes cast through software or other means ect..

There is something under the military needs which is being worked to protect but that does not mean he can change the civilian side of the web, computer use until its proven to be effective and he can not stop it use. He can record the events, limit what is under direct control of the federal networks as to protect it integrity but he is limited to what he can do beyond that.

#306 2016-12-21 22:21:51

Tom Kalbfus
Banned

The votes have already been cast and counted, its over! We have to move on. The electors cast their votes, more were faithless toward Hillary Clinton than towards Donald Trump. Donald Trump is our next President. I hear he favors building a base on the Moon, it is something that is easily within our reach, he had a meeting with some space entrepreneurs recently, so he may do a public/private partnership to save money and insert a profit motive to bring in some private investment. This stuff about Hillary Clinton's e-mails is something for the Justice Department to consider now. Our votes have been cast, the electors votes have been cast, this campaign is over, the only thing to decide now is whether or not the Clintons will be prosecuted and possibly go to jail. Obama has not pardoned them, I don't think Trump will, it will be up to his attorney general on whether to proceed with the case, or else the Clintons could skip the country before Trump is sworn in, it would have to be a country that we have no extradition treaty with.

#307 2016-12-22 04:44:25

Terraformer
Website

I do hope Trump promises at least a manned Lunar flyby to mark the Apollo 11 anniversary. That should be doable by then, I should think, using Dragon?

"I'm gonna die surrounded by the biggest idiots in the galaxy." - If this forum was a Mars Colony

#308 2016-12-22 07:11:35

Antius

Tom Kalbfus wrote:

The votes have already been cast and counted, its over! We have to move on. The electors cast their votes, more were faithless toward Hillary Clinton than towards Donald Trump. Donald Trump is our next President. I hear he favors building a base on the Moon, it is something that is easily within our reach, he had a meeting with some space entrepreneurs recently, so he may do a public/private partnership to save money and insert a profit motive to bring in some private investment. This stuff about Hillary Clinton's e-mails is something for the Justice Department to consider now. Our votes have been cast, the electors votes have been cast, this campaign is over, the only thing to decide now is whether or not the Clintons will be prosecuted and possibly go to jail. Obama has not pardoned them, I don't think Trump will, it will be up to his attorney general on whether to proceed with the case, or else the Clintons could skip the country before Trump is sworn in, it would have to be a country that we have no extradition treaty with.

I agree.  Politics gets boring real quickly because no one ever changes their opinions.  Technical discussions aren't like that, or are at least a little less prone to it.  It is why this board has produced some impressive innovations over the years.  Some of them have found their way into the engineering mainstream - the Utopia Planetia ice house developed by a university is a good example.  Is it really a coincidence that a month after we discussed it, the identical idea was taken up by a major university?  Probably not.  We raise new ideas, they are challenged, adapted, sometimes dumped.  Compare that to politics, where flawed ideas end up becoming religions that ruin entire nations, because idiots become too emotionally attached to them to dump them and continue to force them even more adamantly as evident builds that they are crazy.  They are like computer viruses for the brain and they reveal a gaping weakness in the flexibility of the human mind.  Entire civilisation have fallen because the powers that be could not dump failed ideas and would rather persecute anyone that dared to question them.  In the UK, it is a criminal offence to publically challenge some ideas and even broaching certain subjects can ruin people's careers.  Long live the Fourth Amendment.

Last edited by Antius (2016-12-22 07:14:56)

#309 2016-12-22 09:49:11

Tom Kalbfus
Banned

Politics is where power comes from, people hold on to their ideas because that is where their power derives, whether such ideas work or not is besides the point. That is why democracies are superior to dictatorships and why dictatorships inevitably fail. Rome's decline began when it ceased to be a Republic.

#310 2016-12-22 20:28:25

Tom Kalbfus
Banned

SpaceNut wrote:

So which are the false news stories.....

Gop to privatize Social security which was said numerous time during the campaign, or is it  Republicans Seeking Immediate Cuts to Social Security? Not So Fast Under the Plan, Some Americans Would Eventually See Reductions of at Least 50 Percent, income earners (with yearly income over $78,000) older than 75 could see benefit reductions as high as 40 to 70 percent by 2050.

Electoral States won by Trump did not want 'Obamacare', or is it States Won by Trump Have Highest 'Obamacare' Enrollment with the most people selecting coverage all went for Trump in the presidential election: Florida, with just under 1.3 million selections; Texas, with about 776,000; North Carolina, with 369,077; Georgia, with 352,000; and Pennsylvania, with 290,950.

I don't recall that they were given a choice, if they wanted healthcare it had to be Obamacare, that is what government does, it restricts your choices. Obamacare states that healthcare must be thus, and so it is thus! The only choice people have under Obamacare is whether to be insured or not, and if not, they pay a fine to the government

Clinton's pay to play foundation sold access to her as secretary of State. His followers chanted - and still do - at rallies, "Lock her up." And in the final weeks, Trump vowed to "drain the swamp." , or Pay-for-Play Questions Continue to Swirl Around Trump Team
The latest controversy revolves around Opening Day, a recently formed Texas non-profit that lists two wealthy Texans, Tom Hicks Jr. and Gentry Beach, along with Eric Trump and Don Trump Jr. as its directors. Without naming its benefactors, organization paperwork says it is raising money for conservation charities by hosting a lavish event with "camouflage and cufflinks" attire in Washington, D.C. the day after the inauguration.

Your point being? Yes I know the Trump Children are into conservation. They are so rich, they don't need to get a job, but they need something to do with their time to keep busy.

#311 2016-12-25 10:00:19

SpaceNut
Administrator

Just some of the up an coming changes that we might expect to see under a Trump, Republican controlled Congress and House.

GOP Agenda: Unions, Lawsuits, Abortion, School Choice

Some of the issues Republicans are planning to pursue during the upcoming state legislative sessions.

ABORTION

— Ban most abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy.

— Ban dilation and extraction abortions, a procedure more commonly used in the second trimester.

— Lengthen the time women must wait to have an abortion after receiving counseling about its effects.

— Block government funding from going to abortion providers such as Planned Parenthood.

BUSINESSES

— Reduce or eliminate corporate income taxes.

— Relax business regulations and professional licensing requirements.

EDUCATION

— Expand the availability of vouchers, scholarships or tax credits that allow taxpayer money to cover K-12 tuition costs at private schools.

— Expand opportunities for charter schools, which provide a public school alternative to traditional neighborhood schools.

GUNS

— Allow people with concealed gun permits to carry weapons on college campuses.

— Reduce the costs for concealed gun permits and ensure that permits from one state are recognized elsewhere.

— Allow people to carry concealed guns without needing permits or going through training.

LAWSUITS

— Limit how much money plaintiffs can win in medical malpractice and personal injury cases.

— Restrict where lawsuits can be filed in an attempt to prevent plaintiffs from bringing suit in jurisdictions perceived to be favorable.

— Restrict who can qualify to provide expert witness testimony.

— Reduce the rates used to calculate interest on monetary judgments.

UNIONS

— Enact right-to-work laws, which prohibit workplace contracts that have mandatory union fees.

— Restrict the collective bargaining powers of public employee unions.

— Require members of public employee unions to annually affirm their desire for dues to be deducted from paychecks.

— Curtail or repeal prevailing wage laws, which set minimum pay scales on public construction projects.

#312 2016-12-25 16:13:17

Tom Kalbfus
Banned

GUNS

— Allow people with concealed gun permits to carry weapons on college campuses.

Who does this affect? Does it affect they guy who wants to bring a gun onto campus and shoot up a bunch of people and who wants to go out in a blaze of glory as the cops close in on him? Is he going to say, "Oh drat, the rules say I can't bring a gun on campus, I guess I'll have to cancel my plan to shoot up a bunch of people cause the rules won't allow that!"

No gun free zones affect those people who bring a gun just in case for their own safety and who want to do it legally and don't want to end up in jail or dead! So Trump would allow those people who would carry guns for their own safety to do so, not those people who are planning on committing a crime with those guns.

One thing, this might affect, date rape. You have a girl and a boy, the boy insists on having sex, the girl says no, having a concealed carry permit means the boy better not press the issue, if he tries to force himself on her, he might end up with a bullet hole, whereas before you only end up with a rape victim, usually the girl. Terrorists don't care about rules, rules only restrict those who want to defend themselves from terrorists, rapists, murderers and the like.

LAWSUITS

— Limit how much money plaintiffs can win in medical malpractice and personal injury cases.

The question is, do you want healthcare to remain affordable? malpractice lawsuits drive up the cost of healthcare for everyone, so if your sympathy lies with the patient who' been malpractice on, what about the person who can't afford healthcare in the first place? if the government pays for it, then up goes the taxes, up goes unemployment and down goes economic growth. Everything has a price. If you want to keep the lawyers busy, somebody is going to have to pay for those lawyers!

UNIONS

— Enact right-to-work laws, which prohibit workplace contracts that have mandatory union fees.

— Restrict the collective bargaining powers of public employee unions.

the thing is, public employees salaries come out of your paycheck, the people they negotiate with don't really care, if the Unions want more money, the Administrators simply ask for more money from Congress and if congress agrees, hey raise your taxes. The people who pay for public employees pensions, and healthcare often don't enjoy those benefits themselves.

#313 2016-12-25 18:01:54

SpaceNut
Administrator

Gun permits are much like a lock, they only keep the honest person on this side of the law line....

The same will hold true for the type of Gun sales restrictions... as the black market exists for that criminal need to spray bullets into a crowd of unarmed people...

The mal practice issue is the doctor is charging for the fact that they need to pay for insurance and pass the increasing costs onto there patients....which further brings the price of the patients healthcare upward.....So if you suck as a doctor and have lots of mal practice cases then you are going to pay a higher premium for that coverage.
Now for the award side of the suit what value needs to represent not only pain and suffering but lost wages for the patient and its the lawyers that see dollar signs for these as a big payday. Why no just have lawyer insurance and be done with it.....

Unions are a problem for not only the federal government , state and public owned business as they can shield an employee that should be fired, they fight for consessions that only cause the profits to shrink which means a rising benefits costs to you the employee in the end run and less pay increases.

Come the new year, millions of the lowest-wage workers across the country will get a raise. The minimum wage is set to rise in 21 states.

In the absence of action from Congress in terms of raising the federal minimum wage, which has remained at $7.25 since 2009, states and localities have taken matters into their own hands.

In the November election, four states (Arizona, Colorado, Maine and Washington) approved state minimum wage increases of between 43% and 60% over the next few years.

Arizona (up 24% to $10), Maine (up 20% to $9)

Here's where minimum wages will be in 2017 in the places where they're set to rise:

STATES

Alaska - $9.80
Arizona - $10.00
Arkansas - $8.50
California - $10.00 for small employers; 10.50 for large employers
Colorado - $9.30
Connecticut - $10.10
Florida - $8.10
Hawaii - $9.25
Maine - $9.00
Maryland - $9.25 (as of July)
Massachusetts - $11.00
Michigan - $8.90
Missouri - $7.70
Montana - $8.15
New Jersey - $8.44
New York - Varies across state from $9.70 to $11 (as of 12/31/16)*
Ohio - $8.15
Oregon - $10.25 (as of July)
South Dakota - $8.65
Vermont - $10.00
Washington - $11.00

*The basic minimum wage is $9.70 in most of the state. But it's higher for the fast food industry; Long Island; Westchester County; and large and small employers in New York City.

#314 2016-12-25 21:36:57

SpaceNut
Administrator

Well the kettles not black much as Trump Adopting Same Behavior He Criticized Clinton For during the past two years attacking rival Hillary Clinton as crooked, corrupt, and weak.
Wall street connection:
Big Donors:
News Conferences:
Family Ties:
CLINTON INVESTIGATIONS:

Of course Trump Says' He'll Dissolve Foundation to Avoid 'Appearance' of Conflict but he is under investigation by  New York State Attorney General Press Secretary Amy Spitalnick said that "the Trump Foundation is still under investigation by this office and cannot legally dissolve until that investigation is complete."

The federal whistle blowers act comes to mind as Trump’s conflicts of interest could conflict federal employees

The Office of Special Counsel (OSC) investigates reprisals against federal whistleblowers.

Now on the Obamacare subsidies for the even without Congress repealing as it insurers would still be required to provide consumers that financial help Trump could quickly doom ACA cost-sharing subsidies for millions of Americans

#315 2016-12-26 07:46:09

Tom Kalbfus
Banned

SpaceNut wrote:

Well the kettles not black much as Trump Adopting Same Behavior He Criticized Clinton For during the past two years attacking rival Hillary Clinton as crooked, corrupt, and weak.
Wall street connection:
Big Donors:
News Conferences:
Family Ties:
CLINTON INVESTIGATIONS:

Of course Trump Says' He'll Dissolve Foundation to Avoid 'Appearance' of Conflict but he is under investigation by  New York State Attorney General Press Secretary Amy Spitalnick said that "the Trump Foundation is still under investigation by this office and cannot legally dissolve until that investigation is complete."

The federal whistle blowers act comes to mind as Trump’s conflicts of interest could conflict federal employees

The Office of Special Counsel (OSC) investigates reprisals against federal whistleblowers.

Now on the Obamacare subsidies for the even without Congress repealing as it insurers would still be required to provide consumers that financial help Trump could quickly doom ACA cost-sharing subsidies for millions of Americans

You know what, that Attorney General is working for Barack Obama until January 20, 2017, so I take it with a little grain of salt! Anything that comes out of Obama's government investigating Trump is suspect, considering none of those government organs are investigating Hillary Clinton! Once Trump is boss, they'll stop! Atually the Constitution says the President of the United States is immune to Conflict of Interest Laws, because every rich person with ties to the US economy has conflict of interest, there is just no way for a rich person to run for the Presidency without there being a conlict of interest. As was said before Trump is dissolving the foundation, if te Federal government stops him from doing it, what is it going to do if Trump stops funding it? If the foundation is not funded, it doesn't exist!, also in 25 days Trump will be President, and if Obama somehow stops it through legal action, there will be a lot of unrest in this country, and people protest their vote being taken away from them, and at that point it comes down to which side the Armed Forces support. Are they going to let Obama Stay President past January 20th because of some legal action he's conducting against Donald Trump? I've had enough of 2% subpar growth for 8 years!

#316 2016-12-26 13:42:14

Terraformer
Website

This is the New York State Attorney General, Tom, not the Federal one...

"I'm gonna die surrounded by the biggest idiots in the galaxy." - If this forum was a Mars Colony

#317 2016-12-26 16:15:37

GW Johnson
Website

I predicted that Trump would bring more chaos than Clinton,  although both were great evils,  as far as I was concerned.  It's already coming true,  and he hasn't yet been sworn in.

GW

GW Johnson
McGregor,  Texas

#318 2016-12-26 16:30:58

Tom Kalbfus
Banned

Terraformer wrote:

This is the New York State Attorney General, Tom, not the Federal one...

Well then the President of the United States is out of New York's jurisdiction, as Washington DC is not in New York, and Donald Trump is not President yet, so he couldn't have done anything which is a conflict of interest, and he said he was going to dissolve his foundation, and your saying the New York Attorney general wants to prevent him from doing that so there is a conflict of interest? You know you can't charge someone with a crime before a crime has been committed don't you? And right now Donald Trump doesn't hold a public office, so as a private citizen he can do as he pleases! Also there is no Federal Conflict of Interest law that applies to the President of the United States George Washington after all di not sell his plantation before becoming President. The thing is, unless Trump is the worst president of all, his name stands to become an even hotter commodity once he is president, and one of hi main businesses is selling the Trump brand. I don't know how you avoid that. Do you know any other president that has avoided altogether profiting from his time in the White House? I think by that standard Hillary shouldn't have even been allowed to run, since she was capitalizing on her husband's time as President of the United States and she was using the Clinton name as a selling point for her candidacy, sounds like a conflict of interest to me, how come the New York Attorney General didn't bring that up?

#319 2016-12-26 16:35:28

Tom Kalbfus
Banned

GW Johnson wrote:

I predicted that Trump would bring more chaos than Clinton,  although both were great evils,  as far as I was concerned.  It's already coming true,  and he hasn't yet been sworn in.

GW

How can you confirm your prediction if Trump hasn't even been President yet? Trump hasn't even done anything as President yet, don't you think you are jumping the gun a little? Yes I know you have preconceived notions about him, and you won't let anything he does sway you from your firm prediction that he will be a terrible President, but you could at least have the decency of allowing him to be sworn into office before you make judgments on his Presidency, as the Trump Presidency hasn't happened yet!

#320 2016-12-29 19:28:51

GW Johnson
Website

Trump's job come Jan 20 is to be president,  not king.  Those two job descriptions are entirely different,  something Trump does not yet understand. 

In a more unwritten but generally-expected sense,  his job as president is to represent,  and work for the best interests of,  all the people,  not just those who elected him.  It is true of House and Senate jobs,  too.  Most of the current Republicans do not understand that,  not just the RINO that is Trump.

Trump does not understand what "representing all the people" means in the slightest.  I actually doubt he will serve a full 4-year term,  because the job ain't being king,  and he had his heart set on being king,  as he always has been in his various businesses. 

At least,  we can hope he quits before he destroys too much. 

GW

Last edited by GW Johnson (2016-12-29 19:29:53)

GW Johnson
McGregor,  Texas

#321 2016-12-30 19:53:36

SpaceNut
Administrator

Ya King Trump is having a bit of a problem with getting acts to go on stage for his inauguration as there is no Elton John, Garth Brooks, Rockette's objection to inauguration performance wrote on Instagram that she is "embarrassed and disappointed" to perform, and now the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singer quits rather than be part of the Jan. 20 inaugural, the 360-member choir will appear to be “endorsing tyranny and facism.” She says she feels betrayed by the choir’s decision to take part.

Here is something else he can look forward to in lawsuits to watch in 2017 with this being the short list.....

More Russian Hacking this time its Russian operation hacked a Vermont utility, showing risk to U.S. electrical grid security, officials say

Burlington Electric said in a statement that the company detected a malware code used in the Grizzly Steppe operation in a laptop that was not connected to the organization’s grid systems. The firm said it took immediate action to isolate the laptop and alert federal authorities.

Joint analysis report
https://www.us-cert.gov/sites/default/f … 6-1229.pdf

#322 2016-12-31 18:21:14

GW Johnson
Website

No one should mistake me for a Democrat,  because I despise them,  too.  But,  on balance,  ever since the "Reagan Revolution" of 1980,  the Republicans have inflicted more damage to the body politic than the Democrats.  Neither has done much significant good.  And that's a fact,  Jack,  as demonstrated by the data.  Which is why I despise politicians so. 

Odd no one,  not even Tom,  has responded to my post 418 above,  with the exception of Spacenut. 

It's New Years' Eve,  so Happy New Year to all on these forums!! 

I will shoot off a few 12 gauge rounds to make the requisite noise at midnight.  It's a redneck thing,  I guess,  if one believes in stereotypes.  (I don't.) 

GW

Last edited by GW Johnson (2016-12-31 18:22:33)

GW Johnson
McGregor,  Texas

#323 2016-12-31 18:52:21

SpaceNut
Administrator

No different than street fireworks for the 4th....
Oh and a Happy New year to you as well....

Still laughing over this image....its such a likeness...

trump-rooster.jpg

Oh and about that charity that is under investigation... Trump Can Be Arrested By The NYPD And This Military Veteran Explains Why

prosecuting Trump for self-dealing. The president-elect has been accused of using his charitable foundation to make political contributions, pay off lawsuits against his businesses and even to purchase a painting of himself.

#324 2017-01-01 11:18:23

SpaceNut
Administrator

The words of Trump to hack the US to find the missing emails seems to be coming around as the hacks which began back before September are now just showing that there was colution by others to help Russia commit this act of treason.....
Nancy Pelosi Calls for Paul Ryan to Withhold Hacked Dem Dirty Tricks Emails from GOP Campaigns which makes this connection Speaker Paul Ryan Was Just Linked Directly To Russian Election Hacking It seems that the GOP congressional majority may also be called into question thanks to our Russian friends. The impact of the information released by the hackers on candidates and intrusions in House races in states including Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Ohio, Illinois, New Mexico and North Carolina can be traced to tens of thousands of pages of documents taken from the D.C.C.C., which shares a Capitol Hill office building with the Democratic National Committee.
It appears that Trump is all in the know of whom did the hacking and will speak on it in a few days. So when did he know this information as that makes him an ethical problem if not also a criminal for impeding the investigation.
Trump's Russia claims drive this week in politics

President-elect Donald Trump claims to have inside information on Russia's meddling in the United States' election -- and promises to reveal it "Tuesday or Wednesday."

The Senate Armed Services Committee, chaired by Arizona Republican Sen. John McCain, will hold a hearing on cyberthreats and the election-related hacking Thursday.
The issue could set the tone for relations between Trump and the Republican majorities in the House and Senate.

Gee same rhetoric on I know more than the Generals do about ISIS crap....which if so is more treason to not share the intell....

#325 2017-01-02 14:42:57

SpaceNut
Administrator

Here is the story of what the GOP and Trump want to do to all Americans as GOP Congress Feels It Has Mandate to Undo Obama's Agenda

Ya it took 8 years to undo the previous administration which left american plumetting in to a deep recession, auto and banking industry going belly up with a collasping housing market. Gas prices that were on the way up towards $4 a gallon and the foreclosure rates causing an even further suicide plunge....

GOP lawmakers plan to open the 115th Congress on Tuesday and immediately take steps to repeal Obama's health care law. Lawmakers will then spend the next few months working on legislation canceling broad swaths of the law. Likely to go are its mandate that people buy health insurance or face IRS fines, and its expansion of Medicaid coverage to more lower-earning Americans. Some elements of the repeal likely wouldn't go into effect for two to four years.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., and Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., want a massive overhaul of the tax system with the goal of simplifying a complicated tax code that rewards wealthy people with smart accountants as well as corporations that can easily shift profits and jobs overseas.

House conservatives have said they want to overhaul Social Security and slow the program's growth to curb spending.

Beyond that, they'll look at a tax overhaul, reversing Obama-era environmental regulations and other conservative priorities. Many of the regulations they are targeting are rules put in place by the Environmental Protection Agency, including the Clean Power Plan to cut carbon pollution from coal-fired power plants, a clean water rule that has drawn the ire of farmers and another rule imposed in December to protect nearby streams from coal-mining debris.

So we will need to bailout the insurance companies for failing to regulate there greed as the money trail will dry up.
More jobs to go over seas and less social security for those reaching retirement age.

Board footer