New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#326 2005-09-20 13:07:51

Grypd

Re: Political Potpourri VIII

British troops ramraid Basra Prison to bust out British , accidentally freeing numerous criminals, getting themselves firebombed by an angry mob of Iraqi...I Guess they decided the rule of law doesnt apply to them either.

Help! I'm on a planet with six billion stupid people and the Worst case scenarios are in charge.

Maybe you should have heard the rest of the story.

At a checkpoint a group of undercover soldiers keeping an eye on the recent military build up of extreme Shi'te militia where stopped by police. This had lead to the arrest of two key supporters of a radical Shia cleric. Though they had authorisation to operate in that area they where ordered to disembark from the vehicle. A firefight broke out and a policeman was killed. Two soldiers where taken into custody and there was a large crowd "instantly" appear outside the police station (supporters of the cleric). British troops came into the area to restore order and where stoned and firebombed( they did not retaliate) and two soldiers recieved minor injuries. The Iraq central goverment ordered the two British soldiers being held to be released back into british custody. Did this happen no they where handed to the radical Militia instead. This frankly was probably the plan anyway so that they could be used as bargaining chips.

British soldiers did go in and rescue them but they where found not in a police station nor in a Prison but in a militia stronghold in a building next door.

What does this say well it says that we cannot really trust the Iraqi police.

Last year a small contingent of British military police was masacared in an Iraq police station when the police all 50 + of them scared of a mob outside run away. Why should this be allowed to happen again sorry no. The rule of law has to be put there and if the Iraqis cannot supply it then it has to be the British.

Chan eil mi aig a bheil ùidh ann an gleidheadh an status quo; Tha mi airson cur às e.

#327 2005-09-20 20:26:46

srmeaney

Eew!

Now would be an ideal time to annex Iraq, Build a wall around it. Kick out all the people and retain it as UN Territory.

Peace in our time. Yay!

#328 2005-09-22 14:46:02

Josh Cryer

Can one of you guys lock this and do a reset? smile

I'd do it but I'm not sure which roman numerial comes after VIII, heh. (VIIII or VIV?)

I know the forum software can handle huge posts, but we could use a reset on the political thread. Also, I must test your allegience to me.  :twisted:

Some useful links while MER are active. [url=http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/home/index.html]Offical site[/url] [url=http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/MM_NTV_Web.html]NASA TV[/url] [url=http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/mer2004/]JPL MER2004[/url] [url=http://www.spaceflightnow.com/mars/mera/statustextonly.html]Text feed[/url]
--------
The amount of solar radiation reaching the surface of the earth totals some 3.9 million exajoules a year.

#329 2005-09-22 21:30:03

BWhite

Can one of you guys lock this and do a reset? smile

I'd do it but I'm not sure which roman numerial comes after VIII, heh. (VIIII or VIV?)

I know the forum software can handle huge posts, but we could use a reset on the political thread. Also, I must test your allegience to me.  :twisted:

As has been commanded, my master. . . :twisted:

Give someone a sufficient [b][i]why[/i][/b] and they can endure just about any [b][i]how[/i][/b]

Board footer