New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#26 2004-01-29 19:41:48

Palomar

Re: Another Corrupt Thread? - "Commercial Viability of Space"

That's very strange, I haven't seen it before. Maybe your mailboxes were full up?

*No.  Last I saw there was still plenty of capacity.  I deleted half the messages I had in both boxes just last week.

"Your messenger (1 new)" was flashing when I signed on about 10 minutes ago.  I went to check and now the In box is completely empty; it looks "collapsed" on itself, actually...if that makes sense.

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#27 2004-01-30 10:29:49

Palomar

"Your messenger (1 new)" was flashing when I signed on about 10 minutes ago.  I went to check and now the In box is completely empty; it looks "collapsed" on itself, actually...if that makes sense.

--Cindy

I sent you a message, in response to the one you sent me. Did you get it ?

*Yes I did, BGD.  smile

Of course, all incoming PM's also automatically go to one's e-mail account (but messages sent aren't duplicated to e-mail).

I'm basically wondering if there isn't a larger issue afoot, which is why I posted about this circumstance.  At first it was half my messages gone, then 3/4, then all of them gone and the web page to access either box is a bit distorted.

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

#28 2004-01-30 16:11:10

dicktice

Dicktice, I have met the same problem.

Solution:
Go to 'your control panel' (upper left)
then choose 'account options', there you can choose a skin: now it's 'standard ikonboard skin' change it to aurora, fixes the problem... but the board looks a bit different. (that's the skin)

OH BTW, the S&O not showing in 'new posts' has occured again.... Weird.

I did what you said, but no joy: still the same "error" message as I posted before. Are we suffering from MyDoom . . . or?

#29 2004-02-03 11:51:18

Palomar

*My messenger isn't working at all now, except for the prompt notifying me I have a message.  Of course, I am able to retrieve and read the message via *e-mail*.  It's a minor inconvenience, especially if I'm not logged into my e-mail account.

It would be nice, though, to have the messenger problem fixed...that way I can simply read messages sent to me here, at New Mars.

--Cindy

#30 2004-02-03 18:54:35

Adrian
Website

I really have no idea why this has happened and it doesn't seem to have happened to anyone else. I'm not aware that it's a known issue with Ikonboard (although I could be wrong). Exactly what happens when you click on the 'Your messenger' link?

Editor of [url=http://www.newmars.com]New Mars[/url]

#31 2004-02-03 19:28:13

Palomar

I really have no idea why this has happened and it doesn't seem to have happened to anyone else. I'm not aware that it's a known issue with Ikonboard (although I could be wrong). Exactly what happens when you click on the 'Your messenger' link?

*When I click on "Your messenger" (with 1 or 2 new messages), I am taken to the "Current Messenger Folder:  Inbox" which has the Summary, Inbox, Address Book, Preferences and Send New Message options.

I will click on "You have ____ messages [go to your inbox]" and nothing happens.

I will click on the tab to Go to folder:  Inbox  Go!

And nothing happens. 

I can now access Sent messages, but there are only 5 remaining messages and none that I have sent (and checked to save) are there.

All of my former Inbox messages are completely wiped out (there were approximately 25 there prior).

I am able to send messages and receive "Read Receipt" prompts and prompts for incoming messages but nothing can be read; I must go to e-mail for that.

--Cindy

#32 2004-02-04 06:19:55

Byron

While my messenger mailbox seems to be working fine, I have recently noticed that only the last 15 messages are in my "Inbox" and "Sent" folders...although it says I have a total of 51 saved messages. 

Has anyone else noticed not being able to access their old messages, etc?  I'm wondering if the database is somehow corrupted, etc.   ???

B

#33 2004-02-04 15:11:37

Gennaro

Okay, restored the thread according to my abilities. Only I managed to mispell the heading, so now it says "Vaibality"!
:angry:

Yeah, I know, I'm anal-rententive. Just hate un-aesthetic errors like that.

#34 2004-02-04 15:57:01

Adrian
Website

Thanks Gennaro! I fixed the spelling for you smile

Editor of [url=http://www.newmars.com]New Mars[/url]

#35 2004-02-04 16:36:57

Gennaro

Thanks, Adrian. Great to hear from you! Hope everything's running smoothly with your PhD!
smile

Board footer