New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#126 2019-07-23 22:05:57

tahanson43206

Re: Zubrin on Moon, then Mars - Three essays, one link

For SpaceNut ...

SpaceNut wrote:

Finally finished up with all posts repaired...

Thanks for all the work you have done to bring posts from before the crash back to life.

Does your statement quoted above mean ** all ** the damaged posts have been repaired, or just the ones in this topic?

(th)

#127 2019-07-24 16:46:09

SpaceNut
Administrator

There may have been some posts after #123 through to around 2008 that could have been lost plus a few more until 2010 when the site was recovered and restarted. I just do not have access to the raw files and a duplicate msql server while its got a clone with the files we have not begun to merge them in just yet.

#128 2019-07-25 14:48:17

Mark Friedenbach

I’m sorry I’m not following what you said. Are you saying you have copies of the database and files that were lost in the crash, but they need to be integrated? Or are there pieces that are irretrievably lost?

#129 2019-07-25 19:28:06

SpaceNut
Administrator

The James has the data and it is on a new msql server which has a reconsituted version of newmars but there had been major topic sub category structure changes from what was and where we are now, so its not ready to put back in.

Board footer